Miracles in Snow

EXO Xmas Series: Miracles in December #1

The next morning you found yourself awake next to the window with a blanket wrapped around you.

*Oh, I fell asleep.* You thought while yawning. You stretched out your arms and went to the turn off the music that was playing the whole night.

You wrapped your blanket around your body, because of the cold morning. You stare out the window again. The snow had fell down beautifully and a snowflake was stuck onto your window.

You smiled at it and took out your sketch book along with your favorite 2B pencil. You started to sketch the details of the snowflake out as you studied it carefully.

*Amazing.* You thought as you stare at the snowflake's pattern. *It's so beautiful.* 

You smiled slightly, awed at  the snowflake's shape and design. 

Around 20 minutes, you had finished sketching it. Sketching something like this was no biggy for you because drawing had been a talent stuck into to you since young. You had sketched harder things than the snowflake, so you finished it up in no time.

You smiled at it then placed it aside. *I'll shade it later.* You got up and to the bathroom, ready to freshened up. 

Also hard at the same time, there wasn't much of hot water lately so you had to splashed cold water on your face in the early cold morning. Really a bad thing to do.

After changing into your winter clothes and tieing your hair into a bun, you slipped on your hoodie, put on your boots, wore your winter jacket and put on mittens.

You wrapped your scarf around your neck and left your small apartment with your bagpack. You walked down the morning snowy winter of Seoul.

Some elderlys were up, fetching the newspaper and drinking hot cocoa from their window. While some came out to decorate their house with lights and a few christmas decorations.

You envy these neighbourhood people, who could have a homey feel with them every time. You sighed at the thought of it but just brushed it off for a moment.

You walked down to your favorite cafe and ordered a hot cocoa with marshmallows in it. When your drink came, you paid the waitress and started to slurped down the delicious chocolatey drink.

*Mmmm. Warms my cold belly already.* You felt great and place the mug down on the table. You noticed that the cafe was filled with couples today.

*Oh right.* You just reminded something. Every December in Seoul, there is always a couple season, where couples randomly popped up in the cafes or parks. Or any lovely and romantic place.

*Aigoo. Love birds these days.* You shook your head at the thought of it and continue to drink finish your cocoa. You got out of the cafe and strolled down the street and to the fancy restaurant down there.

It was a happy cafe you worked in and you always had to wear really girly and frilly dresses and outfits. You didn't really like the idea of wearing like a maid, but the payment is good so you accepted the job without a choice.

You came out of the changing room all dolled up and your partner came bouncing at you. Park Soyeon, the friendly and cute girl in this cafe.

"Mimi~" She chirped and hugged you. "How did it go yesterday?" She asked and the memories came back again. 

You just pushed your off you first. "First, ow. Don't hug me that tight, okay?" You said and dusted your clothes. 

Soyeon laughed then nodded. "Yes, madam!" 

You rolled your eyes but smiled slightly. "Second, no I didn't." You sighed once more at the thought of it.

"HUH?!" Soyeon shrieked.

You jumped, startled and blinked at her with eyes wide as saucers. "W-Woah..! Calm down.. Soyeon.." You said. Soyeon just blinked at you sadly.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T PASS?!" She shrieked again. "Y-Yah.." You stuttered, shocked to see this side of her.

"What is all the fuss about again?!" A loud booming voice came from the manager's office and you panic. "Damn! Come on Soyeon! Let's go to the back and discuss it the girl way!" You cheered happily on purpose and grabbed her wrist.

You dragged Soyeon all the way to the back before your manager could glare at the two of you with her death stare.

The payment is good but if you disobey laws in here, the manager may get real scary.

So you and Soyeon stood in the changing room, explaining about the rejection and the producer's words that stinged so much. You could still feel the pain even thinking about it now.

It was like a direct hit on the heart.

"Oh, so that's why they rejected you.." Soyeon calm down after you had finished explaining. "Yeah.." You said and sighed. "Guess I'm not fitted to be a singer." You closed your eyes, trying to control your emotions.

Soyeon just patted your shoulder, "Hey," She said. 

You opened your eyes and stare at her. Soyeon just smiled brightly at you, "Don't worry." She said. And you gasped lightly, as those warm words rang back in you.

"Don't worry, Kyungmi!"

"Don't worry. Everything will be alright."

*Mom... Dad..* Your emotions took over as you felt cold liquid flowing down your cheeks. Soyeon just blinked at you. "Huh? Mimi, why are you crying?! Omo! What should I do?" She panic right on the spot.

You just covered your face and cried a little more. "I'm sorry mom! I'm sorry dad!" You choked on your tears as the pain came back as the memories came back in your mind.

Soyeon stare at you intensely, as your best friend, she just smiled softly and pulled you in her embrace. "Aigoo. Don't worry. Just try again. It's alright. Everything will be alright. Just try again." 

Even though Soyeon was trying to comfort you, you can't help but sob even harder at her comforting words. Not because of the words, but because these words were very deep meaningful words to you and had left an affect on you. You can't control it when there is too much emotions.

"It's okay. Cry for now." Soyeon patted your head and let you cry on her shoulder forawhile.


"Good work today guys!" said the manager as she clapped her hands with a smile.

"Good work everyone!" You and Soyeon cheered and waved goodbye to everyone in the cafe as the two of you walk down the streets.

"Are you okay?" Soyeon asked. You just turn to her and nodded. "Yeah. Better than before. Thanks." 

Soyeon smiled at that, glad. "You're welcome!"

The two of you walked down to a 2 way street and Soyeon's home is the other way while yours is the oppostie. "Well, see you tomorrow! If you needed comfort just look for me! You're not alone, okay? Remember that!" Soyeon said and waved goodbye to you.

You nodded and waved back. Soyeon walked down the streets of her home while you walked down your way.

You passed by the supermarket and went in to buy some food for this month. You bought everything you needed and got out of the store, arms filled with groceries.

As you passed by the supermarket, you stopped as you saw a old man sat there. You stare at him, *That beggar.* You knew this beggar.

Everytime you passed by him you would always donate money to him. But you had used your allowance for today, your money is at home now. 

You could go back and get it, but when you had come back, it's already freezing cold.

You went over and bent down. You smiled slightly at him. You took off your scarf and wrapped it around him.

The beggar stare at you, surprised. But after that, he smiled at you. "Thank you." he said.

You nodded and took out a week supply of food and handed it to him. "Here. Use it well." You said and got up. "I must go now. Take care." 

"Wait." He whispered. You stopped on your tracks and turn to him. "Yes?" 

The old man just look at you, "Why are you doing this?" He asked. And you just blinekd at him weirdly. "What do you mean? Everybody is doing this too."

"No, not that." He shook his head then stare at you with gentle eyes. "Why are you hiding your smile and pretend to act like a cold person?" He asked.

You stare at the old man in shocked, his words were true and really real. And it made you wake up your senses a little bit. You sighed and stare at the ground.

You were silent forawhile before replying to him. "I really don't know, really." You said.

"Are you sure?" He asked. You nodded. 

He just chuckled lightly and looked up. "Look," he said. You stare at him. 

"It's snowing again." He smiled and stare at the snow. You looked up and gasped. He was right.

It was snowing again. A snowflake flew down and touched the old man. He just turn to you and smile. "My dear, don't be afraid." 

"I'm not afraid!" You snapped. "I'm just..."

"Lost?" He guessed. You gasped and stare at him with widened eyes. He just chuckled at you. "May the guardians guard you to the right path this christmas." He said and got up slowly.

He grabbed the food and slowly walked away. "Merry Christmas, Kyungmi." He said and walked away.

You just stare at him as he walked away. *Strange.* You thought.

Then you felt something cold touchedat at the tip of yoru nose. You shake your head lightly, startled and looked up. *The snow is beautiful tonight.*

You smiled and sighed. *Time to head home.* You went home immediately and quietly. You didn't say anything more but just stayed quiet.

But your mind was on that old man's words the whole time. *Guardians..?* You were puzzled. "What guardians?"