Be Mine

Be Mine

Be Mine by Infinite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqC8AmuZuLI&feature=player_embedded

 

As i walk through the school hallway, i lightly punched Hoya's shoulder and pretended to be immersed in the conversation my group of friends were having about their weekends. I manage to swiftly walk pass her as if she was not there at all, although i spotted her from a far.

 
 
She was leaning against the pale blue wall as if waiting for someone, but i knew it was obviously not me.
 
"Woohyun oppa"
 
my heart there skipped a beat. The way she said it with so much happiness makes my heart break into many pieces.
 
With clinged arms they laughed and chatted as they walk pass me. I watched their figure fade further and into the distance. Watching them then, i couldn't help but feel a tinge of envy.
 
"Sorry guys, I forgot to take my bottle" i ran off in the opposite direction.
Seriously, why does she have to toture me like that? Although it was a one sided love, I thought we were friends..
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
It was pouring heavily in the city of Seoul, i went around the for that limited toy car my brother had wanted for his birthday, he was too adorable to ever reject any of his requests.
 
"Mianhe it is out of stock, that toy is very popular these days"
 
That was the sentence i heard a dozen times that day.
 
i looked at the pouring sky as i thought of her, again. What was she doing now? Doing her homework? Sleeping? On a date with Woohyun? 
 
i fished out my skyblue umbrella ready to make my way home. Along the dark roads, i heard whimpers. And at the far end i saw a shadow in the rain
 
A ghost? i made my way forward to take a better look.
 
A girl wearing a simple outfit of shirt and pant kneeled there. My insticts told me that i should not just leave a helpless girl there .
 
"Agashi, kwenchana?" I shielded from the rain. 
 
As she turned her head to stare at me. my eyes grew wider. Coincedence much? 
 
"Who are you? Leave me alone" drops of water were streaming down her face, though i was unsure if they were tears or raindrops, i was sure that she was crying. 
 
I stood there rooted to the ground..she doens't even know my name..
 
"Myungsoo" 
 
"Wae?" She looked up to stare into my eyes
 
"Myungsoo. Nanum Myungsoo imnida, u can call me L if u want to" 
 
She started laugh between her tears.
 
"L? What does it stand for?" 
 
"I don't know..my friends gave it to me" i scratched the back of my head in total embarassment.
 
"HaeYee imnida" She finally smiled at me. 
 
What an awkward introduction.
 
"Lets get under a shelter before you catch a cold" i suggested. 
 
This time she listened and followed me. As we sat in a nearby cafe sipping hot mocca,she spilled out her story to me. I wonder how she could be so comfortable with someone she had just met? But i liked it.
 
My fist my pumped in anger as i hear her story.
 
"Are all guys like that? " her weak smiled told me everything
 
 No, i'm different, i thought but of course not out loud. This was followed by silence for a very long time
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I went back to class and sat back on my sit. I was in no mood at all to play football with my friends. 
 
Woohyun was a plain jerk, why would Haeyee stay with him? Why? i looked out of the windows and saw the bright blue sky. 
 
Woohyun always cheated on her..neglects her..over possessive. And because of all this shes always hurt. But after everything she always forgives him and goes back to him, always risking to get hurt again and again . 
 
After that night that we officially know each other, every now and then we'll meet up and i'll be a listening ear to all her problems. But i could never acknowledge her in school at all due to her over possessive boyfriend .
 
I guess you can call me her teddy bear she talks to,but  i could never take action...
 
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
i finally could take it no longer after yesterday afternoon Haeyee told me that Woohyun had been flirting with the new girl, it was the second time..
 
"YAAH" i punched Woohyun as i saw him that day in school. 
 
"MYUNGSOO!" Hoya screamed with widened eyes when a crowd started gathering around us. i pushed him against the wall holding his collar up. Anger was fuming in me. 
 
No one could stop me now, i was determine to take this guy down.
 
"L!" Haeyee appeared behind me "No..." her eyes quivered. she shook her head nervously.
 
I could never say no to her, i slowly put him down and dropped both my hands back to the side. 
 
" Are you crazy!" he gave me a last menacing stare and walked away with Haeyee trailing behind him.
 
Beads of pespiration flowed down my temples as i went to a daze, i pushed the crowd away and went back to class leaving the students in whispers of gossip.
 
throughout the whole entire class i didn't focus and finally it was time for a break. i paced through the school hallway to my locker as i saw someone away from a distance. I grabbed her wrist as she walked pass me
 
"mianhe.." i whispered 
 
"please mind your own business next time"
 
With that she jerked her hand away 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
But she still forgived me in the end but i never forgot what she said. I beared everything, all my anger. I could just watch.
 
The break ended faster then expected. 
 
" Yaah, why didn't you come to join us after you take your bottle?" I shrugged as the teacher came in 
 
my head fell on to the table as i almost drifted off to wonderland. But was awoken by a sudden vibration in my pocket .
 
Hi. meet me at that same bench at 4,
i need to tell you something
- HaeYee
 
i immediately woke up, What did that horrible guy do to her again? i clenched my fist tightly.
 
 
I sat opposite the bench as we faced each other back to back 
She smiled and looked into the sky 
 
"Do you think Woohyun loves me?" 
 
he probably does but many others too.
 
"He don't deserve your love" 
 
She chuckled lightly 
 
" i begin to think so too" 
 
There and then there was an awkward silence
 
"Thank you L, thank you so nuch. Without you..i don't know what i am now" 
 
This moved me a lot, it meant that i was of help to her..i meant something to her 
This was our last meeting and you can say last conversation. Graduation came fast as everyone seperated and moved on to college.
 
~A year later~
 
Another year in college flew past like an arrow. I've been in no contact with HaeYee at all. Although i missed her alot, i was afraid to do anything. 
 
Oh can you smile~ 
my phone rang as i walked out of the school library 
 
"Sorry i'll take this 1st" i whispered to JunHee 
 
"KIM MYUNGSOO!" That lout energetic voice i haven't heard in a while 
 
"Hyung!" i happily smiled to myself, i havent heard from him for months 
 
"Haha.How's my little dongsaeng doing?" 
 
"Good! How about you Hyung?" 
 
"Good too. I actually called you today for a reason" 
 
"Not because you miss me?" I  
 
"And that too. Just want to let you know i heard from Sungyeol that HaeYee had broken up with Woohyun" 
 
my playful aura disappeared and was replaced with a tense and serious one. 
 
"Ye, Gomawo Hyung"
 
"Anything for my little dongsaeng" 
 
My hands tembled a little as i place my phone back into my pocket. Is she okay now? She must be devastated.. but shouldn't i feel happy? i have a chance now. 
 
"L, let's go before we'll be late for practice" JunHee broke my thoughts and walked ahead
with me catching up behind. 
 
I was truly happy for her, she finally got the courage..
 
Practice ended real slowly today. I was always distracted and could not focus on theball at all resulting in many scoldings from my seniors. 
 
I threw my bag on my bed and sat in front of my study desk. I fished a paper from my drawers and stared at it. It was almost completed, everyday i added a few words and finally it was almost complete, i let my memories run past through me and finished it. I stare at at in satifaction. 
 

I watched over it, your love, the long farewell
Rather than always getting hurt, this is better
Look at my carefully, it’s because I don’t like you crying
Being hurt is tiring, yeah, every time I see you like that

Be mine. I love you, okay? I worry about you, okay?
I’ll take care of you until the end
Being. You know me, right? You saw me, right?
I’ll protect you until the end

Do you hear me, do you hear me… oh?
The end of your wet eyes full of memories
I hope it dies in my embrace
I try to at least protect you
Who quietly heard the falling tears being swallowed by ripped hearts

I think it’s overflowing, you were always like that to me
My heart expands as your hurt grows
Come to me, it’s because I like it when you smile
I’ll make you comfortable, yeah, at least I can for you

Be mine. I love you, okay? I worry about you, okay?
I’ll take care of you until the end
Being. You know me, right? You saw me, right?
I’ll protect you until the end

Let’s go together, don’t walk onto the hard path, okay?
It wasn’t easy, right?
I don’t want to see you like that ever again
Be mine. I love you, okay? I worry about you, okay
I’ll take care of you until the end

Will you fight? Will you get hurt again?
In an endless ring of hurt, it’s always a quiet war
That’s too much for you
With a shield of worry, I stay in front of you and

I revolve around you like a moon
The lights are turned off in your love
So leave it and look at me
I’ll cover up your deep scars and make you laugh
And make you mine

 

And i tucked it in deep in my drawers

--------------------------------------------------------------

 
Months passed quickly and autumn was here again. I was taking a stroll in the park with my hands tucked in my pocket. I took in the fresh smell and admired the lush green scenery surrounding me.  
 
This place brings back memories. There were tears, happiness and everything. And there stood the bench at the distance where me and Haeyee had our last conversation at. 
 
At this moment a girl with a petite figure with a scarf surrounding her neck walked towards the bench and trailed her fingers on it. She tilted her head to look at me, and the same smile that i always loved spread a cross her face. She tucked her hair behind her ears as the autumn leaves flew past. 
 
And i knew right then that it was a new beginning. 
 
~7 years later~
 
"Naekkeo haja, naega neol saranghae, eo? naega neol geokjeonghae, eo?" 
I softly sang to my self while i focus on the road. 
 
i opened the door for EunMi and she stumbled out. 
 
"Hoya Ajusshi!" 
 
She ran  into his arms and he lifted her up 
 
"Its Oppa!" he ruffled her hair 
 
"Myungsoo!" His eyes brightened up and i walked over after locking my car. 
 
"So how you like the way your song was arranged? Me and the guys did it " 
 
"Wonderful.." 
 
He chuckled, " i didn't know we were that good! " 
 
"Ajusshi..i'm hungry" EunMi interrupted us 
 
"Eh, did your Appa mistreat you,You must have already suffered for 4 years! Lets go get something to eat now~" Hoya cooed 
 
I stood there laughing "I'll wait for Haeyee first"
 
"Yes Yes you'r the model husband" He joked and left.
 
I leaned there and started to hum the song the guys arranged. Yes it was the one i wrote many years back.
 
i named it 'Be Mine' ...