2One

We're Friends, right?

 

2Two

So we didn’t go home just yet. In fact we went to the night market and ate dinner together. Since my parents are on their usual business trip and my brother lives in a dorm in his college, I was alone in the mansion. Originally I was supposed to spend my weekends with Jinyoung, but then he forgot.

That thought made my mood dropped like a bomb. Unknowingly, a frown appeared across my face. I snapped out from my daze instantly when a hand waved itself in front of my face. Sandeul looked at me questioningly with his head tilt and mouth full with rice. He looked so cute, I just wanna pinch his face but kept my composure. We weren’t even familiar with each other just 3 hours ago.

“Why are always so quiet? I mean with your looks and personality, you could be a great catch for the girls.” I noted.

Sandeul remained silent. I could fell he was uncomfortable with the subject. Just when I decided to drop it, he started. “When you live alone for the majority of your life, you would gradually feel like you’re the only one left in the world with no one to support you.”

The it dawned me, Sandeul was never this emo when I met him before. But then news broke out the Lee Hyukhoon and Lee Minjung, Sandeul’s parents died in a car crash. That was the start of his dark days. He constantly buried himself in a pile of books, he rarely went out. I’ve noticed. But what made him changed all of the sudden?

I hadn’t realized that I had asked the question out loud before the older boy answered me. “Singing and drama. Madam Rouge said I shouldn’t hide my ‘handsome’ features behind those thick glasses.” He chuckled but his tone was serious.

So performing changed him? He must be a deep person. “What do you like most?”

“Singing.” He answered without hesitant. “It is when I can truly be free and pour my feelings out into one song. I’m kinda weird, just so you know.”

“How so?”

“I listen to sad songs when I’m happy which wasn’t that often, and I listen to even sadder songs when I’m emo.” He confessed.

He really is deep, no wonder he aced literature. “When were you happy?”

Sandeul stared at me, I could feel my cheeks heating up. Wait, what was I thinking? I like Jinyoung, although I know there’s no way he and I can ever be. No Sage, stop thinking about it. Sandeul remained quiet for quite some time.

“When I’m with my friends.” He smiled slightly, his vision focused on his food.

So he has friends. Since he was always alone in school, I just thought. Suddenly my phone just when I wanted to ask him more. I sighed in annoyance as I checked my iPhone. My annoyance disappeared the moment I saw whose name was on the screen, maybe he didn’t forget about me. I found myself smiling before answered it.

“Yeah?” sounding like I was eager. Hey, I was an actress.

“I’m really sorry!” his voice pleaded for forgiveness. He didn’t have to call at all, he was my best friend and I had already forgiven him long before. “Hyemin said she wanted to treat me a cup of coffee. I didn’t realized time passed by so fast, are you still at the auditorium? Should I come pick you up right now?”

I grimaced, it took him 3 hours to realize I was gone. Maybe I’m not his first priority, anymore. “Honey, I left 3 hours ago when you’re on your date.” I remarked, trying so hard to make it sound like a joke. But the truth is, it hurt me like hell. I noticed Sandeul looking at me confusingly. I really am not the best actress out there.

“Don’t say that!” his voice was high pitched. He always does that whenever he’s lying or whenever he’s nervous. I tried so hard not to believe it but the truth is just right in front of me. He likes her, Jinyoung likes Hyemin. A truth I would rather not have found out. “Anyway, are you at home now? I still remember with have our movie night together.” I smiled, at least he remembered that much.

“It’s fine, it’s getting late and I’m heading up to my room. Good night, and good luck.” Even though I wished otherwise.

I ended the call just to find Sandeul staring intently at me. I flushed, what had this boy been doing to me?

“What?”

“You’re lying.” He answered monotonously.

“What do you mean?” I tilted my head innocently, please stop with the questions already! I can’t take it anymore.

“You eating in Kangshin Korean Restaurant, and you’re definitely not in your own house.” He pointed out. Why state the obvious?

“So?”

“Why are you lying?”

“I don’t want to talk about.” Shaking the question away.

“You like him don’t you?”

----

So how long has it been since I've uploaded this story, probably a month now that I think about it. I'm not going to be too active with this AU but I will upload the chapters in the near future, possibly. Like I said before, I'm not the best in sticking to one story. I've actually got another story planned in my head only this time I wrote the plot out. So if you guys want to check out my Infinite story, click

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/69318