Jongdae and Baekhyun

The guys of kyungsoo's life
 Jongdae and Baekhyun 
 
Jongdae and Baekhyun were Kyungsoo's classmates, and at the same time sort-of-best-friends, or something.
 
 
Back when they were still at school, Jongdae and Baekhyun somehow always manages to be in the same class as Kyungsoo. The entire three years in a row. This was enough to make anyone close, but in addition to that, Kyungsoo also ended up working with them as a part of the school council. Hence, the start of the two leeching onto the smaller boy.
 
To Kyungsoo, Jongdae and Baekhyun are rather inseparable. Kyungsoo never believes them when they tell him they only met during high school, the very same year he met them. They may be two different people, but to him, they are one and the same entity. Their only objective in life: Annoy the hell out of him. 
 
Honestly, Kyungsoo still doesn't really understand why either of the two really gets a kick out of it, but he never really dwelled in the fact. In his mind, they are those two comic-relief characters on mangas whose only reason to be existing is that their idiocy provides a light break from whatever main plot is going on. Consistent to their idiotic behavior around Kyungsoo, it works out in his mind. In reality though, Jongdae and Baekhyun bonds over the sight Kyungsoo provides them whenever one (or both) of them decides to annoy him.
 
Kyungsoo is tiny. And although neither Jongdae nor Baekhyun is much taller, Kyungsoo's wide eyes and child-like expressions are a sight worth the bruises he will eventually give them from his many pinches and kicks. Especially when it is contorted with either annoyment or bewildered confusion. 
 
Jongdae adores Kyungsoo. He is the cutest and smallest high-schooler he's ever seen (Kyungsoo argued that he simply hasn't had his growth spurt yet, but he is still small and dainty in Jongdae's eyes even now), yet he can be the strictest regarding discipline and this only makes Jongdae adore him even more.
 
Baekhyun was fooled by his first glance of Kyungsoo, earning an eyeful of crinkled eyes and heart-shaped smile before realising this sight does not happen often. It motivates him to make him smile at first, before he noticed that a flustered Kyungsoo is even cuter.
 
Both were trying to subtly annoy him and figure out a way to be the one to sit the closest to Kyungsoo when they noticed each other.
 
Jealousy was of course imminent, but they quickly figured they work quite well together and some sort of silent agreement was made. It was odd, but neither really minds. Besides, it's not like they wanted Kyungsoo for themselves, romantically. Oh, no. They can be simply said as fanboys over his adorable antics. Completely platonic really.
 
(That is, if you don't count that one time Jongdae "accidentally" jerked off to an image of Kyungsoo and that week of hell when Baekhyun can't seem to get rid of the idea of kissing Kyungsoo's lips and spent the week in some sort of trance, but those dark times have been burried deep, never to be spoken of under any conditions. It was simply a phase anyhow. It isn't humanely possible for anyone to go through adolescence without having a Kyungsoo-crush when the boy is as adorable as he is).
 
This teamwork brought them together and they quickly become the bestest of friends as if they have known each other since they were small. (They both also ended up sitting on either side of Kyungsoo during class). 
 
Kyungsoo was of course also a part of this pronto friendship group, but he was more of a somewhat reluctant member. It wasn't that he didn't want any friends, or think that he is too good for them. It was simply that he thinks the two are annoying in their manner of friendship.
 
He has other reasons of course. For one, Kyungsoo wasn't really made a people person. That's more of Sehun's forte. Kyungsoo is rather content with keeping to himself. And despite what others may see or say about him, he isn't lonely. He does have a best friend that he would spend most of his time with. It's just that the best friend also takes form of his brother. People may scoff at this, but despite the way they look like they get on each other's nerves, Kyungsoo thinks him and Sehun is rather different than any other sibling relationships.
 
Another thing would be that he simply have no time in being dragged around with the things the two does when he wants to help his father taking care of Sehun and finding a part-job to bring in some more money to cover his own school expenses on top of trying to be the best in academics. Not that the extracurricular activities the duo picked are all necessarily horrible or illegal of any kind. In fact, far from it. 
 
The duo actually decides to join the school council, taking advantage of their newfound teamwork for the benefit of the school. The only reason the two doesn't bother the youngest too much about getting into the same thing is because Kyungsoo has already been picked as (and agreed to be) the class president and they figured that his blatant refusal at their offer to join the school council together was because technically he is already involved with it.
 
Despite their busy schedules being part of the council, they still find ways to be with or rather, bother their beloved Kyungsoo in ways of passing little notes during class (the act itself bothers Kyungsoo so much that Jongdae and Baekhyun takes great amusement in the pout which slowly blossoms in the youngest's face as they pass an empty scrap of folded paper with Kyungso as their messenger, pretending to be engrossed in their note passing conversation) and sticking close to Kyungsoo whenever possible.
 
In doing so, they ended up each developing a soft spot for the rather small (although not much smaller than themselves, but that doesn't stop them from teasing) student. Since they were both rather interested (a better word might just possibly be obsessed) with Kyungsoo's little gestures and expressions, they learnt to read him very quickly and found how Kyungsoo is actually a really sweet person despite his scary ulterior coating. As the class president they found that he worries about wether or not his classmates are happy with his decisions for the class. That he wouldn't mind taking over other student's responsibilities when they're not able to despite being tired. That he is okay with listening to his classmate's problems for hours and tries his very best to solve them. That he is a strict when it comes to class rules and isn't afraid of dishing out the punishments the class has agreed upon.
 
So despite their randomly busy days, they find the time to buy him little snacks and juice boxes, sticking Kyungsoo's name on it and anonymously slipping it in random places only Kyungsoo would find. They really just wanted him to know how appreciated his efforts are (and maybe also because they simply wanted to see Kyungsoo's adorable surprised face since no amount of sneaking up on him seems to surprise him). 
 
So yeah, they were a little disappointed that the only reaction Kyungsoo shows are the subtle raise of his eyebrows and a sweeping glance over the empty (apart from the two hidden goblins) classrom. They did notice a little twitch of his lips that can be interpreted as the beginnings of a smile which made them coo for a while and continue the secret snack santa missions. However, Kyungsoo seems to be either unamused or uncaring towards their efforts and would barely bat an eyelash over each discovery of the little treats.
 
Nevertheless, he would always meticulously stash them in his bag, so Jongdae and Baekhyun continues to shower him with it in hopes that it will help their object of adoration with his hardships.
 
You would think that both Jongdae and Baekhyun would be overwhelmed by the amount of duties they get from the usual weekly class cleaning duties and student council assignments, not to mention the homework their teachers would never fail to pile them with and their own ambition to stick to Kyungsoo in between all those things, but neither have much to complain.
 
For someone who dislikes being leeched on, Kyungsoo is always so closely available and within grabbing distance of either Baekhyun or Jongdae, or (more often than not) both. He is also somehow extremely oblivious to their sneaking around the odd dusty corners of the classroom to hide their little treasures. 
 
Jongdae soon figures that Kyungsoo is highly perceptible to the random slowness of his brain and despite looking like he would easily murder people when they displease him, he was very patient when it comes to explaining the concepts of algebra, and not to mention efficient too. Baekhyun, who hated class cleaning duties since he was paired with a student notoriously known with having 1001 legit excuses to get out of cleaning duties would finish his student council meetings and come back to class to clean it, only to find that there is so little to do.
 
 
It was only by the end of the year, after Kyungsoo has been announced to be the new addition to the student council that they realised what Kyungsoo has been doing all this time. Surprisingly, it was Jongdae who unraveled the facts in his mind. 
 
"Huh", was the first thing that came out of his mouth.
 
The trio was walking home together as usual, the smallest figure that is Kyungsoo sandwiched with Jongdae and Baekhyun on either sides as per usual, and holding a large bouquet of flowers (hand-picked, courtesy of Baekhyun and jongdae) in his hand. They stopped as Jongdae did so (Kyungsoo wouldn't really have, but since his arm is currently entrapped in Jongdae's, he doesn't really have a choice), one hand on his chin and nodding to himself as if agreeing to an imaginary person in his head. 
 
Baekhyun doesn't really care, and he knows Kyungsoo has the same sentiment. Jongdae has a tendency to drift off into another universe and coming back with the weirdest observations about anything and everything, but he loves making Kyungsoo impatient since he does this pout, and if he stalls long enough, he would do this cute bouncing on the spot thing that makes him even squishier. So he asked.
 
"What?"
 
Jongdae blinked before turning his face in their direction with a smirk on his face. Baekhyun knows this smirk. This smirk is usually the beginning of some ingenious plot to fluster Kyungsoo, or something incredibly stupid. Jongdae looks quite confident, but Baekhyun braced himself. It seems that Kyungsoo also recognized this look since he started attempting to back away cautiously.
 
However, his efforts were futile as Jongdae simply gripped his arm tighter and resumed his walking.
 
"Soo, Kyungsoo yah... Remember you told us at the beginning of the year that you don't want to be in our 'little gang'?"
 
Kyungsoo blinked, "yeeeah...?"
 
"Well, I sort of noticed how you end up spending loads of time with us anyway. You liked it didn't you? Hmmm? Hmmmm? Come on... Just admit it"
 
Kyungsoo snorted when Jongdae pushed himself further into his personal bubble, bumping their shoulders together. Baekhyun's eyes are intent on Kyungsoo's face, a little smile on his lips at his responses, but he was just as confused to what Jongdae was trying to do.
 
"But really, Kyungsoo yah.... This one time, someone complained to me cuz they said you won't explain quadratics to him, but you did to me when I was having trouble with it", he continued, "Just admit it, you love me better than the rest of the class~"
 
"What if I was just annoyed with that person?", Kyungsoo replied.
 
Jongdae smiled, "Ah, but what about the time you cleaned the class when it was Baek's turn?"
 
Baekhyun did not miss how Kyungsoo's eyes widened that extra millimeter. This is starting to amuse him.
 
"The class was really dirty. I couldn't stand it"
 
"But you were going home anyway. The next day it would have been clean even without you cleaning it"
 
"It was really really dirty that day."
 
Jongdae's eyes gleamed, "oh? But I saw you do it a couple of times"
 
"Maybe thats cuz those couple of times the class was really really dirty as well", Baekhyun chipped with a purpose more to annoy Kyungsoo with his impersonation rather than coming to his aid.
 
"Funny thing is, it always happen on your shift Baek"
 
Baekhyun was surprised, looking over to Jongdae to figure out wether or not this was the truth, and finding him smiling over Kyungsoo's head at him. A sincere smile this time. Baekhyun looks at Kyungsoo and notices that there are slight coloration on his cheek.
 
So it was the truth.
 
Baekhyun was amazed. This is the same Kyungsoo that has been giving him pinches so hard he bruises over them and makes a face whenever he sees them rounding a corner to get to him.
 
But when he does think about it, it makes sense how Kyungsoo does something sweet for a classmate in need in a secretive and subtle sort of way. Baekhyun felt a warm feeling inside him at the thought of that.
 
However, Kyungsoo isn't Kyungsoo if he doesn't rebut Jongdae's remark.
 
"How am I supposed to know it was always Baekhyun's turn?? All I know is the class is filthy."
 
Baekhyun almost snorted. It wouldn't be too hard to figure out when his turn was. He always does it later than normal because he gets held up by council activities, and unlike Jongdae's partner who would do half the work, his is a crappy annoying piece of chewing gum that someone steps on who always leaves the work for himself. Besides, this is Kyungsoo. He took his class representative job very seriously and probably had the roster memorised just so he would know who to punish the next day if someone hasn't done their job properly.
 
He also noticed how Kyungsoo is starting to slouch more as if he was a turtle trying to retreat back into it's shell. How adorable.
 
Jongdae still seems unphased.
 
"Hmmm is that so? What about lunch then? You always wait for us in our spot"
 
Kyungsoo gave another useless squirm against Jongdae's hold, "Just because you two always comes to the place I picked to eat lunch doesn't mean I was waiting for you"
 
"Then how come your lunch is never even opened before we came?"
 
Kyungsoo grumbles in answering, "I get caught up reading and when you guys come I can't read anymore so I eat then."
 
Jongdae's eyes twinkled, "what about today? If I remember correctly, you didn't have a book on you when we left class."
 
Kyungsoo scrunched his face in a way that makes Baekhyun wants to cuddle him and squish him between his fingers. 
 
During today's lunch break, Baekhyun and Jongdae (and the rest of the student council) has been called last minute for some end of year surprise council closure party or something like that. It ended up running way past their lunch break, during which Kyungsoo would be eating his lunch on his own or, according to Jongdae's theory, waiting for them to eat their lunch together.
 
In which case....
 
"Did you eat lunch at all?", Baekhyun asked curiously, tilting his head so it will be level to Kyungsoo's bowed ones.
 
He was just in time to catch the boy's reddening cheeks. That would have been enough of an answer for both Baekhyun and Jongdae, but merely a second later, a loud gurgling of a stomach was heard.
 
Baekhyun honestly did try to hold in his laugh. As much as he loves Kyungsoo's adorableness when embarassed, he didn't want the boy to burst a blood vessel on his face or something, but Jongdae have no qualms in letting his laugh rip out loud, all the while pulling a thoroughly embarrassed Kyungsoo into his arms. 
 
So Baekhyun let out his own breathless laugh, putting an arm on Kyungsoo's shoulder. That warm feeling from earlier was now spreading all the way to the tips of his toes.
 
"Lets go celebrate somewhere. I'm paying"
 
"Assa! I know this awesome noodle place I've been planning to go"
 
"You're coming with us right Soo?"
 
"Yeah, we don't want prince Soo to starve to death or something"
 
"Yeah.. Yeah.. Whatever"
 
 
Could it really be?
 
Who knows?
 
Certainly not Jongdae nor Baekhyun, but that wont stop them from putting an arm around him and cuddling him tight.
 
(And they didn't know back then, but this was the start of a lifelong inseparable trio of friends) 
 
 
Sooo, I guess I didn't really did what I promised.....
I'm sorry ;A;
write me a comment anyways?