Sehun

The guys of kyungsoo's life

Sehun


 

Sehun is Kyungsoo's little brother.

he doesn't look it. Not unless you count the similar deadpan expression they quite frequently support.

Because where Kyungsoo is tiny, Sehun is tall and growing still. Where Kyungsoo is narrow, Sehun is broad. Where kyungsoo is wide-eyed, Sehuns eyes are rather small. Even personality wise, Sehun can be pretty much said to be everything Kyungsoo is not.

Kungsoo is rather diligent and consistent. It shows in his school reports and well thought-out projects and even his title as the class president and later, school president. Sehun gets good grades too. But rather than diligent, Sehun uses his brain for what his personality lacks, scoring him wonderful grades without barely batting an eyelash. He was lazy, and he never tries to deny that fact when anyone mentions this to him. Kyungsoo would even go as far to say that Sehun is rather proud of this trait. In addition to this, he was also a believer of fate. A gone-wherever-the-wind-takes-me sort of guy. This is mainly due to his lazy personality preventing him to use his wonderful brain to think up his own fate. Kyungsoo knows that Sehun probably realises this, but that never really stops him to repeat that over and over again. To which Sehun would always keep answering something among the lines of "this is just how I was made, how is it my fault?" before walking away from his disgruntled brother who always tries to answer that question which would only pass through the youngers ears.

Sehun is also mischevious where Kyungsoo is serious almost all of the time. He may have an indifferent face and a personality which prevents him from making effort (or as may people say it, "giving a "), but he would always and without the slightest hesitation make an exception for his brother. Unfortunately for the said brother, it is not always in a good way. Most of the time, he would use his collection of 'talent's and khowledge of the things that annoys Kyungsoo to get some sort of a raise out of him.

For example. Sehun does not, for the life of him, know how to cook. Another opposite to Kyungsoo's ability to transform anything from raw or simply edible to gourmet material. In Sehun's opinion anyway. Yet, on Kyungsoo's birthday, Sehun is slaving away on the stove, sweat pooling on his collarbones, forehead crinkling in concentration, and a big smirk on his lips. Next to him is a hollowed out muffin and a can of colourful icing. After being satisfied that the constitution of the concoction is similar to the muffin's so Kyungsoo would not be suspicious early, he poured the mix of shaving cream, tuna, pineaple and a bunch of other things that are either disliked by Kyungsoo or should not really be in food of any sort but can be found around the house into the middle of the hollowed out muffin, before proceeding to mount generous portions of icing on top, knowing how much of a sweet tooth his brother has despite the hidden disgusting surprise he has just prepared.

Another trait of Kyungsoo's which are opposite to Sehun's is that he was quite neat. Something that was oddly consistent throughout Kyungsoo's life. Imagine a three year old getting frustrated over the mess he made when eating, and a teenage boy without a pile of junk within the vincinities of his room. Sehun, on the other hand, is quite normal. So to speak. He is not a pig who loves to roll around in his own filth for fun, nor does he like to create any sort of mess on purpose since it takes effort to do that. On that same note, it also takes a considerable amount of effort to clean up after himself. This will normally result in either his brother flipping out in fury before nagging him to death until Sehun does what he is told before re-doing what needs to be done, simply because Sehun did not do it 'properly'. Sometimes Kyungsoo thinks that Sehun does that in order to make him give up on the nagging and simply does it himself since that is what he always ends up doing anyway, but it only makes Kyungsoo nag him even more since his younger brother needs to learn some manners and that hell would freeze over before he lets himself gets ered by said baby brother. He gets fooled by Sehun enough times already. 

That is how even during his birthday, a single birthday muffin by his brother is enough to get him suspicious. After ensuring that he did not indeed bake it himself (which included Kyungsoo freaking out at the thought of his sanctuary, i.e. The kitchen, being used by Sehun and yelling at him for quite a bit, to which Sehun does what he normally does and spaces out), getting a satisfactory answer of "No hyung, I only added the icing cuz I know how you like these things", Kyungsoo made completely sure the thing is edible by sniffing the food a little and taking a cautionary nibble on one side. 

He tilted his head to the side at the taste and mumbled a thoughtful 'huh...', before taking another cautious bite, all the while keeping eye contact with his brother, still trying to discern his actual motives for the muffin. 

Sehun simply stared back, giving out a twitch on the corner of his mouth in nervousness which Kyungsoo caught with a narrowing of his eyes before Sehun asked how the icing was. 

This seemed to convince Kyungsoo enough that his brother was sincerely giving him the muffin and was simply nervous about the taste after he has added the icing, and since both realises how much of an awful cook Sehun is, Kyungsoo thinks it is logical enough for him to be worried. This is the same Sehun who has in his earlier years asked Kyungsoo his opinion on the taste of the cereal he has poured himself in comparison to the ones which Kyungsoo normally pours for him. Reassuring his brother of the (for a lack of better word) interesting mix of the sweet chocolate muffin and whatever flavour the savoury icing is meant to be, Kyungsoo drops his suspicion and was even quick to feel guilty of even thinking about accusing his brother of something he sincerely did for once.

He shouldn't really have, because barely moments later, right when Kyungsoo is starting to enjoy the rather odd, yet addicting taste, his teeth worked its way to the center of the muffin and bit down a chunk, only to spray the same chunk, albeit a more soggy version of it, onto the surface of the pristine clean table top. Was pristine clean table top. 

Kyungsoo lost it with a shriek of "SEHUN!!!!!!" onto the general direction of the younger while rummaging the cupboards for a cup to use for the desperately needed water. The same cupboards Sehun has tampered with earlier to make it seem as though he has completely rearranged the whole brigade of kitchen appliances.

This serves to the exact purpose it was done for, infuriate Kyungsoo further and made him do what he really dislikes doing in order to satisfy his desparate taste buds, and that is messing the order of his sanctuary.

"WHERE... THE HELL ........ DID YOU MOVE THE .....CUPS TO??!?!?!!!!?", he shrieked yet again (quite impressively too, Sehun thinks) in between the puffs of breath he exhaled, probably due to the amount of chili and wasabi he slipped in the mixture.

Sehun coolly walks over and plucked a single cup from where he has moved it earlier, rigt where it is supposed to be, only pushed back and hidden from view by a tower of plates and bowls.

"Gosh hyung", he calmly commented as the older snached the wanted object from his hand.

"You're the one who's always telling me to look with my eyes and not my mouth because things are always exactly where I left them earlier. If you're such a hypocryte like this, why should I listen to what you say?"

After delivering the carefully planned line, Sehun then walks back into the direction of the bathroom as collectedly as he could possibly manage before his hyung even has time to let his tastebuds recover, let alone process what Sehun has just mentioned.

Sehun could swear that when he actually did, their neighbours of different apartements are able to clearly hear the sylables of his full name as Kyungsoo howled for the rest of the world to hear (which is luckilly scuppered by his closed window so its actual audience is a lot less people) accompanied by a string of torture tactics which he said he would set on previously mentioned individual.

And all Sehun did is chuckle, because his brother will never have the heart to hurt even a fly.

These sorts of occasions are the reason why when the people who are associated with them sees them side-by-side, they would often compare the siblings to an angel and devil. Most people thinks this is quite fitting for the brothers, considering Kyungsoo's rather angelic personality and Sehun's rather devilish ones. Kyungsoo, howerver, thinks that nothing could be further from the truth. It is true that more often than not, Sehun is doing something he isn't really supposed to be doing. But although it normally results in the general annoyment of people for Sehun's amusement, there are certain lines Kyungsoo knows Sehun would never in a million years cross. Sehun knows people have limits, and he never overpasses that limit. Sehun knows everyone has a certain strong emotion they associated with something, and he would never play with another's heart. Sehun might be mischevious, but he is not cruel. This is why despite his almost constant anoying notions and nearly immovable poker face, Sehun is admired by his peers.

As for Kyungsoo, it is true that more often than not, Kyungsoo is doing something for others rather than himself. However, not many people realise he may also be having murderous intentions of the person he may be doing it for at the same time. Kyungsoo is simply good at holding his tongue at most times. Not so angellically, kyungsoo also have thoughts of kicking his own brother onto the streets and letting him rot there. Quite frequently too. They are both only human after all.

Most people would rarely associate the two individuals as siblings not only because of all these differences, but also because most of the rare similarities they do possess are mainly a private affair, and mainly only witnessed by the two of them. A lot of these are little habbits, happening only during the more vulnerable times such as during night time when both would fall asleep curled up on their right sides, or early mornings when both would have a hard time opening their eyes and would proceed to roll off the bed on purpose to wake up, or the way they like to clutch soft little things and it between their hands when nervous, or the way they would clutch each other to tighten their embrace as they cry.

It may also be because the biggest similarity they have is hidden deep. As siblings, they care about each other. And as two people who only has each other in the world, both Sehun and Kyungsoo would do anything to ensure the other's happiness. Neither would outwardly show it, or verbally admit it, but each would get anxious if the other is upset, terrified when the other is hurt, worried when the other is missing, and happy whenever the other is.

yet again, they would show this in different ways. Like when Sehun is upset, Kyungsoo would not let him out of his sight, whereas when kyungsoo is, he will come home to find a warm container of his favourite street food.

When Sehun caught a high fever, Kyungsoo would go about his daily life, while being a continuous supply of ice and chicken soup or porridge, and when Kyungsoo fainted during P.E, he woke up to Sehun on his bedside, eyes intent on the handheld game Kyungsoo is sure he does not own.

When Sehun forgot to inform Kyungsoo he is coming home late, he found his brother taking a 'refreshing walk' suspiciously near his school and when Kyungsoo got held up at work and isn't able to contact his brother, he came home to Sehun on the hallway of their apartement, right in front of the door, sprawled on the floor with either his homework or a pack of cards.

And when the other is happy, Sehun's friend called him disgustingly cheerful and freaked out when he smiled once, and Kyungsoo's customers at work noted that his food became tastier, even though thay have previously thought his food cannot humanely be any better.

So Sehun is simply Kyungsoo's brother. They are polar opposites at most times, but this works for the both of them not only because they are by chance the only family the other has and felt that by default they should stick together, but it was also to each their own choice to do so. And that is how they prefer it to be.

No matter how tiring it is to hear Kyungsoo nag or get pranked by Sehun. Simply because Sehun is Sehun, and Kyungsoo is Kyungsoo.

 

 

Did that sound too much like ?

it wasnt meant to be one I swear.

because Kyungsoo may or may not already have a special other.

Hope you guys liked it ~