Chapter II

Muse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

2:

 

“Who are you?”

 

It was an interesting question, a redundant question he had asked himself for days yet no answers filled in his curiosity. It was a mystery and maybe it was better to leave it that way.

He is a professional photographer who specializes in scenery shots. Some says he is an artist, showcasing the wonders of the world, presenting the true beauty of our home, and opening the eyes of many to witness the magnificent creation, God has made. And all this was achieved through his brilliant photographs.

And never in his life did he take a shot of an actual human being until now.

 

He gently brushed his fingers on the photo’s edge and beamed, showcasing his set of gleaming white teeth. “Who are you?” He smiled even more, turning his wide eyes into crescents.

Scattered around his table were dozens of photographs of this nameless lass whom he had met yesterday. He still remembered how this girl had him in awe and he was surprised to find himself interested in her. All he ever thought was worthy of his camera lens were picturesque sceneries and never did he imagine photographing a girl.

But after his encounter with this beautiful creature, new light shone upon him, glistening greatly with new spectacles. It was like a breath of clean fresh air and for once, he doubted the beauty of landscapes compared to hers.

With a swipe of his hand, Sungyeol easily snatched the last bread toast on the plate and had it caught in between his teeth. He hurriedly slid his rucksack to his back before rushing to the front door. Daeyeol, his brother, whined in annoyance as he watched the eldest leave the house with his crunchy toast.

Before the older one had gone out of the door, Daeyeol shouted, “Say hi to Suzy for me.” In which Sungyeol replied with two thumbs up.

It had always been a routine for Sungyeol every Saturday to wake up early and head outside to meet the bright rays of the 7 o’clock sun. It was a monotonous doing he had done since he was young and it was all because of a very special girl named Suzy.

 

He remembered how he met her eight years ago when he was only twelve years old while Suzy was nine.

Their school had the students serve a kid center for the disabled as a volunteer work. It was a way for them to learn and connect with different handicaps but to him, it was only a required activity in order to gain additional points in his card.

All changed when he saw her.

He was wandering around the halls of the center, finding some sort of fun. All his classmates were occupied with various things, making them busy, while he was bored more than ever. So far, nothing had caught his attention and now he was just passing time, waiting impatiently for the day to end.

Sungyeol was about to go back to where his classmates are when he heard a series of mismatched notes from a piano. Being his curious self, he followed where the odd melody is coming from and it led him to a room at the far end of the hall.

He could still hear the strange notes being played in peculiar tune and he wondered if the person behind the door was tone deaf or maybe has a mental abnormality going on. Not like he cared at all but the lad was actually musically inclined and so it really bothered him that someone was abusing the instrument by creating noise and not music.

Sungyeol, who was always a rude child, swore that he was about to barge in and shout at the retard when he heard a sweet voice that had him rooted on the floor, hindering him to even speak and move.

The voice softly faded and soon after, it was followed by the ascending tune of piano keys. The first note that was played was D but was quickly switched to E and F. When the G note was played, Sungyeol once again heard the smooth voice that was seemingly dipped in honey.

The boy carefully opened the door to avoid startling the person behind it and what greeted him surely had him in amazement.

If he would be unrealistic right now, Sungyeol would assume that in front of him was a doll because the girl before him donned all characteristics except for being alive, of course.

She was still playing random keys when she stopped again. The boy thought that he was caught in the act but when the girl started to sing again, he thought otherwise. If he heard it correctly, the notes she just sang were A and C respectively but as soon as she started to play again, not once did she hit the right notes on the piano. The girl tried again, refusing to give up, but one can see how frustrated she was feeling.

Approaching her silently, Sungyeol took her hand and guided her fingers to the right keys before adding pressure on them to create the sound. “Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter