{ 003

Prick

 

 

 

 

» CHAPTER THREE; HONGBIN'S POV «

 

 

 

 

 

As night fell the day after, I sat by Yu Rim's bed as she fell asleep. I told myself that our first day was good, which could have been a good omen in  the long run.

Out of the corner of the room, I heard my name being called.

Hongbin. Hongbin.

I recognized where it came from and answered to the voice.

"Yes, Mistress?" My voice was a hoarse whisper. Black smoke began to shroud me until I was in another room.

The room was dark except for the six pedestals that were lit up. Each held a different doll that were all like me, except I wasn't on mines. I spotted an extra empty pedestal at the end of the row. Leo.

It seemed that another doll was sent out. In the middle of the pedestals was a gold throne with stairs ascending down from it. Around the throne were gems to show the importance of the person sitting upon it.

A deep crimson red puff of smoke appeared and dispersed as soon as it came. It was replaced by woman wearing a black ankle-length dress that clung to her body.

"Mistress," I said as I gave a slight bow. She rose an eyebrow and gave a eerie laugh that echoed as she sat down.

"So, Hongbin...how was your first day?" she said with eyes glinted with mock.

"Yu Rim thinks I have a choice in choosing whether or not I should help her. She's so gullable. You just watch, I'm going to get out of here," I said to her.

"And I don't doubt you. After all these years, I would've thought you would change from being that whiny little lost prince. Yet, you haven't really changed at all. I thought I would have helped..." she replied resting her elbow on the arm of the throne. "Su Mei, get me a drink, will you?"

"How would I change if I was abducted and changed into a voodoo doll? She's the one. I just know," I told her. Su Mei, a girl with pure black pupils for eyes and long, raven black hair came in with a dark red coctail in her hand and walked up to give it to the Mistress.

"Thank you, Su Mei," the Mistress said gratefully. She took a sip from her drink and pushed her honey blond hair to her back. Su Mei bowed and stood behind the Mistress. "Now let me ask you, Hongbin, how do you know you won't fall for her as well? When you have to kill her, what if you can't do it? Does she even know that you'll have to take her life?" the Mistress asked. 

I scoffed. "Of course not. Why would I tell her that? I would never love her back. I love someone else."

"Never say never, my dear. You'll have to move on from So Jung eventually. She's dead already," the Mistress said with such a creul smile that I had goosebumps on the back of my neck.

"Well if that's all you have to say to me, then I think it's time I left," I sneered.

"Heed my words, Hongbin. You will fall in love with that girl. I've already foreseen it," the Mistress said. With a wave with her hand, I was engulfed with black smoke once again and found myself back in Yu Rim's room. The room felt like it was spinning as I grabbed onto the chair at her desk. I pulled the chair out and sat on it clutching my head.

Yu Rim stirred, smacking her lips. She settled back, scratching her nose. I thought of the Mistress's words and looked at Yu Rim. Mistress, or not. I didn't believe her. I swore that I wouldn't love Yu Rim back. I couldn't anyways. In order for me to turn human, a life would need to be taken in its place. Then the balance of the world would be restored.

My head was still spinning and it was probably because I had been in my human form for too long. I needed to rest. It took a lot of energy staying a human.

I closed my eyes and leaned back on the chair. I felt my body shrinking and changing. After that, my mind was blank, for I was a doll once again.

 

AUTHOR'S CORNER

Gah, short chapter, but just to show Hongbin's side-ish. /facepalm/ I think I'm messing this story up OTL. Updates will have to be slow. Didn't realize I had so much homework in summer. Honor classes are no joke. T^T