Final

Final first words

The first time we met, he bumped into me on the streets of Seoul. He had light brown hair, and wore cute nerd glasses. He was tall. Taller than me by maybe two feet. He turned around and the first words he said to me were, "I'm sorry, beautiful,". That made me smile. He smiled back. It was big, it was cheesy. It was his. 

He walked up to me and asked if I wanted to grab a cup of coffee. I nodded and the first words I said to him were, "That'd be nice,". 

Our first conversation together was to get to know each other. We talked about what music we liked, what movies we liked, what food we liked. Turns out we had alot in common. 

He made me laugh alot. I liked that about him. He was funny. When he laughed, it was like he was a completely different person. I liked it. It was unique. He told me alot of stories about how his friend, Baekhyun, would always dance while switching the lights on and off, and about what a complete idiot he looked like doing it. That was his favorite story. It made him laugh the hardest. 

It started to get dark. We didn't even realize we stayed at the coffee shop for hours. He offered to take me home, and I took his offer. He started to smile wide again. It made me smile too. 

I liked it when he smiled. 

He asked me what my name was, and I said, "Anna," 

"Anna," 

The way it rolled off his tongue made it seem like he was singing. 

Anna 

A week later, I got a phone call from an unknown number. I didn't pick it up because I don't like answering unknown numbers. Two hours later, the number called back. I ignored it a second time. Ten minutes later, it called again, and again, and again. I began to get worried about how persistent this caller was. The number called again, so this time I picked it up. 

"Stop calling me or I'll call the police!" was the first words I said to the caller. 

The caller began to laugh. 

It was the laugh I loved. It was his. 

"Anna! It's me!" he said. I got nervous. I didn't expect him to call. 

"You should really pick up the phone when someone planned a date for you, you know?" he said. I smiled. "How did you get my number?" I replied. "Ah.. that, I-I'm friends with your classmate Chen. I was talking to him about you, and he told me that he knew you, so he gave me your number. Is that weird?" he asked, shyly. "To be honest, it is," I said, teasing him. He started to chuckle and it made me smile. 

"Well?" he said.

"Well what?" I replied. 

He chuckled. "Will you go on a date with me tonight or no?" 

I smiled. I nodded yes, but then I realized I was on the phone with him and laughed. "What's so funny?" he asked, sounding a little hurt. "Yes. I will go on a date with you,". I could feel him smile on the other line. "Then it's a date," he said. "Yeah, it is," I said. "I'll pick you up at 7:30 ok?" he asked. "Ok, don't be late!" I warned. He scoffed. "I'm not going to be late," he replied and hung up. 

He lied.

He was late. 

About an hour late to be exact. 

I was sitting on my couch staring at my phone that's been black every since our conversation. I assumed he wasn't coming and got up to take off this body fitting dress when I heard loud and collective knocks on the door. I smiled because I knew who it was. 

It was him. 

The first thing he said to me was, "I'm so sorry I'm late Anna!". I folded my arms across my chest and his face dropped. His clothes were messy and so was his hair. He was covered in sweat and the flowers he held in his hand were crying out for water. "Are you mad?" was the next thing he said. I impatiently tapped my foot on the floor and the next thing he said was, "Ah.. you're ... pissed,". At that moment I started to laugh because he looked so cute and innocent. 

After I started to laugh, his face lit up and he did the smile I love so much. "You're not mad?" he asked. I nodded no and he picked me up in a hug. "Thank you for waiting for me, Anna," he said. I giggled. "Thank you for getting me flowers," I said when he put me down. I took the bouquet out of his hand and placed them on the kitchen counter. "Ready to go?" he asked, extending his hand. I nodded and locked my fingers with his. 

At dinner, he was nervous. I could tell, because he spilled his drink on the waitress. I felt embarassed, but at the same time I thought it was cute. She asked me if this was the first time we've been on a date, and I nodded yes. She told me she could tell and giggled. "He's a keeper, good luck," she said and walked around to dry off. "Ah, I'm such an idiot!" he said. I started to giggle. "It's ok! You're just nervous," I said. He smirked. "Thanks Anna, you must be embarassed,". "I am, but I thought it was cute,". He smiled big again. 

Dinner went by smoother than it did in the beginning. He began to relax and started acting his usual self. We apologized to the waitress and she gave us a free dessert. "You guys are a cute couple, wish you the best!" she said and winked at my direction and left us alone agian. He looked at me across the table with a raised eyebrow. "What?" I said, stabbing my fork into the chocolate lava cake. "What'd you do?" he asked, suspiciously. "Nothing!" I said, shoving the cake in my mouth. He looked at me with disbelief. "Yeah right! You're a liar, you don't deserve this cake," he said, pulling the plate towards him. I laughed. "No! Stop! I didn't do anything, I swear!" He smiled. "Alright, alright," he pushed the plate back in my direction and cut himself some cake. 

He held the spoon up to me, expecting me to be fed by him. "No," was the first thing I said. He pouted. "It's romantic!" he whined, shaking the spoon, causing the chocolate sauce to drip. "You're dropping it!" I said. "Eat it!" he said. I pouted, but did as he said. But of course he dropped it on my dress. "Oh god, Anna I'm sorry!" he said, picking up a napkin. I laughed. "It's ok, it's my turn now!" I said picking up some cake. "No you're going to drop it on me," he said, making an x with his arms. I laughed. "I'm not!" I said. He opened his mouth, but by "accident" it dropped onto his still wrinkled white shirt. "See?! I told you!" he said, laughing. 

After our tenth date, the first thing he said to me when he opened my door was... 

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

After our twelfth date, he kissed me for the first time. The first thing he said to me was, "Wanna do it again?"

But the thing that completely changed our lives was during our fourteenth date. 

He told me to come outside, no matter what I looked like. He told me he needed to tell me something important. I got nervous, but followed his directions. It was snowing outside. It was hard to see, but I managed to find him sitting under a light post. I tapped his shoulder,  and he showed me his big, cheesy smile. I smiled back, but nervously. He stood up and turned his back towards the street to face me.

"Anna, I know we've been dating for a short time, but you... you make me happy. I really like you, in fact. I think I love you. Yeah, I do. I love you, Anna." 

I widened my eyes. It was the first time he told me those three word. Those three words that could make a girl feel incredibly happy. I felt tears in my eyes. I opened my mouth to reply back, but we heard sudden screeches of tires. 

It was a truck. 

A big one. 

It was coming straight for us. 

Straight for him. 

"Chanyeol! Get out the way!" I screamed, but it was too late. 

He disappeared. Right in front of me. 

And I didn't get a chance to say "I love you" back. 

- - - 

author: enjoy everyone!