Prologue

Autumn Memoirs

OTL >< anyways here's the prologue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Grey clouds fill the sky and the light drizzle of the diminishing rain fills the graveyard with the sound of light pitter patter and a wet, musty smell which created a somber atmosphere which was perfectly fitting for such a place. Cold, dreary, dead. A lonely, hooded figure stands far out under a tree, all hunched shoulders and a tiny frame, slightly shivering under the cold. Right in front of him is a simple gravestone. Intricate designs around the edges, but his eyes stayed trained onto the words carved into it. Blank stares onto cold marble. He does not know how much time he has spent standing there but it does not matter. Nothing really matters anymore.

Fingers ghosting onto the carved letters, the figure rasps out. “I’ve missed you so much, pabo.” He takes in a shuddering breath, still trembling and eyes burning.

 

“Hyung! Aigoo, why are you crying?” asked a boy before pulling the latter into his arms. He tenderly wipes the tears off the elder’s face with his thumbs before peering in. “C’mon, you know I don’t like it when you cry. You’re unattractive when you do and oh look,your nose is red,” he lightly jokes, pinching the other’s nose lightly before pecking it. The latter just buries his head onto the crook of the boy’s neck muffling his reply.

“Shut up.”

 

His heart clenches at the memory and so he lets his tears fall. He chokes back a sob and hitches in a breath. “Look! It’s springtime now. I bet you’d have really wanted to see the cherry blossoms. Spring was after all-,” he tries to smile under his bitter tears, “your favorite season.”

 

“Hyung, hyung look! The cherry blossoms look amazing!” exclaims a boy while feverishly snapping photos.

“Yes, yes, I know you idiot. They do every year,” he muttered while trying to keep up with his excited boyfriend.

“But hyung!” The boy whined at the other’s lack of enthusiasm. “They’re seasonal, so I only get to see them once a year.”

The older merely rolled his eyes. “Yeah, and you’d be seeing them every year for the rest of your life.”

The boy just grins, “I know right?” He stalls in his steps and reaches out for the other’s hand, locking them together, thumb rubbing over skin. “We’ll be like this every year right hyung? You’d see the cherry blossoms with me every year right?”

Facing him, the older of the two smiles. “Every year. I promise. We’ll go see the cherry blossoms together, without fail.”

Pleased at the elder’s response he grins, eyes twinkling crescents and a huge upturn of lips. He then drags the other with him while talking about festivals and what not.

Staring onto their interlocked fingers Luhan smiles at the thought. Every year, seeing the cherry blossoms together, going to local festivals and carnivals, then witnessing the fireworks at night.

‘Yeah,’ he thought… He would like that.

 

His lips begin to tremble. If only they had known that it would be their last year of seeing the cherry blossoms together. If Luhan had known that there wouldn’t be a next year, he would’ve made it as memorable as possible. He would’ve been more enthusiastic and he would’ve put in much more effort and he would’ve-

But he didn’t. And that is the final truth.

More tears roll out of him. Chuckling bitterly, he remembers an old quote and blurts out a, “Those were the best of times. Those were the worst of times.” He feels his already worn heart tearing again at the memories. Shakily breathing in, then breathing out; a gust of air past chapped lips. He spares the gravestone one more glance before turning his heels to leave.

And as he trudges down the hill, unbeknownst to him, raindrops hit the carved words of the gravestone before trailing down, almost as if the cold marble itself was weeping.

 

Oh Sehun

April 24 1994 – October 28 2012.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/flings self off cliff. Yeah this is just a little tiny prologue. bleh. 

Comment? They make me happy. -^^-

BTW, can anyone guess where the quote is from?