[Vhope] Night

In Media Res

I'm a dumb

Written in the same verse as Dawn and that one Denny's story.

That's how old this is. That's how long it took me to finish.

I couldn't finish the next "Death" chapter

or the next "Stay" chapter

but I finally had the motivation to finish THIS!! 

dafuq is wrong with me.


 

Dorm parties weren’t any different from high school parties, Taehyung thought as he took another sip of the fruity flavored drink that was handed to him at the door, only the people here he had more work during the day. Taehyung could happily nurse off his hangover with a “sick day” while these people had to take three pills and survive their lectures. Taehyung had it easier. But easy doesn’t make a boring party any better.

Taehyung's eyes darted across the room, glaring at what he thought was a familiar mop of brown hair but actually was a stranger with a similar haircut. Jimin had a paper due tomorrow, he wouldn’t be here.

But if Jimin were here he’d have someone to entertain him.

“Hey there pretty boy.”

Someone that didn’t smell like pot and alcohol.

“On a scale of 1 to 10 you are a 9,” the guy hiccupped, “because I’m the one you need.”

Taehyung’s nose scrunched up, “Hah, you’re funny.”

“And you’re pretty,” he slurred and slung an arm around Taehyung.

Maybe it was time to call Jimin.

Before Taehyung could elbow the guy, another voice called out, “Babe, there you are!”

Taehyung and the guy hanging off his shoulder turned to the new voice. He was considerably cleaner, spotless shirt, two drinks in his hand, and a large smile stretched across his face.

“I went back to the beer pong tables and you weren’t there. You should have texted me when you left.”

“Who is this?” the guy hanging on Taehyung slurred.

“My boyfriend,” Taehyung quickly said, he slid out from the first guy and wrapped an arm around the smiling one, “thank you for keeping me company. Good bye.”

He looked between the two, shrugged, then stumbled off across the room. Taehyung released the breath he had been holding and his arm from around the new guy.

“Thanks,” he muttered.

“No problem, I’m Hoseok.”

“Taehyung.”

“Do you want to go outside?”

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows.

“Relax, I just want to talk. Nothing more unless you’re up for it.”

And then he smiled, and tilted his head in a way that was not adorable, at all, and did not have Taehyung’s face turning as red as his drink when he muttered “Okay.”

Without the crowd of people to drown them out, Taehyung found that he liked Hoseok’s voice. Not too high, not too low, just enough to be trustworthy. He learned that Hoseok was part of an underground dance crew and that school was just his day job. That was a joke. In all seriousness, Hoseok is a second year student at the University working on his business degree. He listened to American rap but danced to dubstep and club music.

“It’s easier to find a beat, and the rhythm is faster.”

“You’ll have to show me one day.”

“Is that a promise that this is more than a one night conversation?”

“Maybe,” Taehyung hid a cheeky grin behind his refilled glass of jungle juice.

Hoseok’s expression changed from the happy one to a deep lidded hungry smirk. Taehyung knew the rest of the steps. A few more well placed comments and Taehyung was comfortably sitting on Hoseok’s lap.

“Your hair is a mess,” Taehyung said as he ran his fingers through it.

“Yeah,” Hoseok half whispered, “I like your hair.”

“You like pink?”

Hoseok hummed in affirmation. He leaned in closer, his nose pressed against Taehyung’s cheek. “I wonder if I can turn your face the same color,” he said before nibbling on Taehyung’s earlobe.

Taehyung shivered. He slid a hand down Hoseok’s chest, slipping it under his shirt, “Why don’t you try?”

Hoseok’s apartment was one floor above, but even that was not close enough. Taehyung and on Hoseok’s neck while he fiddled with the door keys. And as soon as he got the door open, he pulled Taehyung in closed, the door, and pressed Taehyung against it. Hoseok hooked his arms around the pale boy in front of him and attacked his mouth. They were both eager, all teeth, not enough tongue. Taehyung began Hoseok’s arms, they were firm beneath his touch, but Hoseok was a dancer right? Taehyung slipped one hand under his shirt and began feeling the tight abs underneath. He moaned, all the possibilities, and grinded their crotches together.  “,” Hoseok said into his mouth. Taehyung smirked.

“You think that’s funny?” Hoseok asked.

Taehyung gasped when Hoseok hiked a knee between his legs and pressed against his crotch.

Hoseok smirked, “Now that’s funny.”

He pushed his knee further, until Taehyung was practically sitting on it. 

“I knew I could make your cheeks the same color as your hair.”

Taehyung’s breath was becoming more labored, “Are you going to stop there?”

He slipped the hand that was resting on Hoseok’s chest down beneath his waistband, feeling silky hair underneath and just barely .

“ing ,” Hoseok spit out.

Taehyung continued on Hoseok’s neck, but a strong grip pulled his hand away from Hoseok’s member.

Taehyung whined, Hoseok pulled back. “How many drinks have you had?”

Taehyung shrugged, “Maybe four or five?”

He leaned in and kissed Hoseok again. Hoseok smiled against his lips, “Four is a lot for you, isn’t it?”

“Not really.”

“We should stop.”

Taehyung pouted, “But you have abs.”

“And you have a nice face,” Hoseok laughed, he rubbed at the soft skin on Taehyung’s wrists, “You’re hot, and don’t get me wrong I would love to continue this... but Maybe next time when you’re sober?”

 “Okay,” Taehyung pouted again, “Can I kiss you?”

Hoseok smiled. He cradled Taehyung’s head with his hands and gave him a slow languid kiss. Taehyung leaned into him, all the urgency gone but Hoseok was still warm. And, Taehyng later found out when they somehow made their way onto Hoseok’s bed, he made a great pillow.

~~

Sunlight spilled through the cracks in the blinds and landed on Taehyung’s face. He grimaced, and pulled the sheet up to cover his face. When that didn’t work, he turned over and buried his face in the warm body next to him. The warm body readjusted, wrapped Taehyung in strong arms, and rested his chin on Taehyung’s head.

If Taehyung moved closer, the body became warmer, and if he pressed his face to the body’s neck, said person would hug them tighter. Until Taehyung woke up to a continuous pounding in his skill.

“Ow,” Taehyng slipped his hand out from under the other person and rubbed his forehead.

“What’s wrong?” a drowsy voice asked.

“Hangover,” Taehyung whined.

The voice laughed. Taehyung felt a kiss on the top of his head, then the warmth was gone. “I’ll get something for that.”

He returned with a glass of water and a bottle of pills, “You didn’t drink enough water last night,” he laughed.

“I was kind of distracted,” Taehyung chased two pills with half of the glass, “some black haired idiot kept smiling at me.”

“You still have your pants on,” he laughed. Taehyung wanted to hear it again.

Taehyung sneered, “My talents were wasted on you, heathen.”

He laughed again, “I prefer Hoseok but heathen works too.”

Taehyung smiled at Hoseok. Hoseok smiled back.

After a beat Hoseok quickly looked away, he scratched the back of his head as he offered, “I can drive you home, if you- you know, need a ride.”

He had a nice smile, Taehyung thought, a heart shaped teeth filled smile.

Taehyung’s head pounded again, he winced, “There’s a bus stop on the corner, I’ll take that.”

“Okay.”

“Thanks for not me or something.”

“You can thank me at dinner this Saturday night?” Hoseok tilted his head, and maybe it was cute.

Taehyung smiled, “I’d like that.”

He wrote his number on the back of Hoseok’s hand.

Because it was a gentleman’s duty, Hoseok insisted on walking Taehyung to the bus stop. Taehyung laughed as he accepted his offer. And gave him a too long hug at the bus stop, but Hoseok didn’t seem to mind, and he kissed Taehyung’s forehead when they separated, and with one last wave good bye he walked off.

Maybe all college boys weren’t bad, Taehyung thought to himself as he stepped on the bus. He found a window seat, and texted Jungkook. Maybe they could work on their geography homework before class on Monday.