icy fingers, frozen keyboards

Anamnesis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Slender fingers came in contact with wooden keys. The colour of the man’s skin compliments the whiteness of the snow that had been falling endlessly around him, accompanying him in his pitiful yet beautiful state.

The sweet melody that the man’s been playing had been replied by a dashing smile from the player.

His hands moves slowly as the rhythm requires, fingers gracefully coming in contact with the wood albeit being a little shaken because of the cold. His black coat doesn’t seem to be thick enough to protect him from the harsh weather but he doesn’t care; in fact he did it on purpose. He had came up with an idea (a pathetic one if I may add) that if he endure the cold weather enough then he will be rewarded with numbness, the feeling that he’d been seeking for the past two years. He needed that feeling, he needed to be numb, because then he wouldn’t feel the loneliness, the pain of losing someone, the throe of losing her.

 

He wonders sometime, what’s more painful than losing someone you love?

 

The last chorus of the song echoed through the garden, the one that was now blanketed in white.

Even with the endless torture he felt inside, the man’s smile never falter. It was still intact;

Like a mannequin’s.

 

It was as if he was welcoming all the unfortunate events that had come to his life, embracing the grief he had come to befriend.

He continues to play until the last note of the song. Smile’s still intact but because of its long time span; the facade he had done seems to be more fake now.

He let his hand rest on the piano keys; and so as his smile.

 

A minute had passed and the silence is thickening by the seconds.

 

A sigh escapes his lips.

 

Then just like that, the man’s smile showed up once again and his beautiful fingers began to move.

This time he’s playing a different song.

This time he isn’t just playing for entertainment or to pass time.

This time he’s playing it for her.

 

What’s more painful than losing someone you love?

 

 

 

The lad can still remember the day she came into his life. She was as graceful as a ballerina, as selfless as a martyr and as bright as a sunshine.

In short, she brought life into his dull world.

The two started off as mere aqcuantances,or as we call it: classmates.

But as time goes by, they grew closer and closer

And so as his feelings.

 

 

It was august, the time when autumn leaves shows its brilliance when he decided that he should let her know about his feelings.

 He was a complete dumb went it comes to these things since he never felt anything like this before to anyone. So after so much brainstorming, he decided to just confess by serenating her in a way that he knows she will love.

On the next months he tried to learn how to play the piano, for the purpose of his confessions of course.

But even with the help of his payed teachers, not even a peanut comes to his mind.

In the end he gave up learning how to play the instrument.

 

But unknown to him, she saw his problem.

So she offered to help.

 at first he disagree saying he’s a total stupid and that she would only waste her time on him but the girl’s determination didn’t falter, she pleaded and pleaded and eventually he gave up, with a red face and a sheepish smile when she used her rare aegyo.

After months and months of after school sessions and jarfull of teasings between the lessons, the lad eventually learned to play the instrument.

 

 

It was december, the time when snow falls when he decided to take up in action his month awaited plan.

He invited her to the place she love the most: the garden.

He bought a transparent grand piano just for her and placed it on the middle of the flowerful place.

 

When the time comes and the lad invited her over, the shock was clearly evident on her face. He told her to sit in the chair. the one he specifically placed just a meter away from the piano and began playing the song that she first taught

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter