The Gift

Could it be... I like you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Ho was surrounded by people he has grown attached to. Everyone was in high spirits as they ate, drank, laughed, and at one point, sang ‘Love is the Moment’ in unison. A permanent smile was plastered on his face while spending the last night together with the cast and crew of Heirs.

‘Hyung, drink some more!’ Woo Bin who was beside him filled his glass with more beer.

‘You know I can’t drink a lot.’

Woo Bin leaned closer. Min Ho laughed, realizing his dongsaeng was already a bit buzzed and has become more talkative. ‘Hyung, it’s our last night together. After this, we’ll go our separate ways and be busy as hell. It’s our last chance. Your last chance,’ he said as he raised his glass. Min Ho realized he was actually pointing. When he followed Woo Bin’s gaze, he saw Shin Hye laughing with Im Joo Eun at another table.

He smiled, remembering their dinner just two nights ago. She was also laughing nonstop and telling stories like there was no tomorrow. He hadn’t seen her let go like that while they were filming. That night, she seemed like a different person. People who knew Shin Hye longer told him that she was actually a simple girl. It wasn’t until then that he found out how true it was and how comfortable he could be around her. All their interactions in the past were always limited and restrained, what with so many people surrounding them. But that night, they were just two friends hanging out and getting to know each other. He longed for another chance to be like that again. Just him and her. Nothing else. What happened that night was still fresh in his mind, but already, it seemed like a distant memory.

‘Hyung, are you okay?’

Min Ho’s thoughts were interrupted by Woo Bin’s voice. He smiled and nodded his head.

‘There you go again, lost in your own mind. Hyung, you should be a doer, not a thinker. Like Kim Tan.’

‘Ya! Kim Tan thinks, too!’

Woo Bin laughed. ‘Arasso, arasso. Kombe!’

At that moment, Choi Won Young who played Min Hyuk’s father in the drama, took the microphone.

‘Ah. Ah. Is this on? Can you hear me? Okay! I know you’re all enjoying your drinks right now but let’s have more fun shall we? Let’s call on to the center stage, CHOI YOUNG DO!’

Min Ho cheered as he pushed Woo Bin out of his seat. ‘Palli, palli! Wooo!’ He clapped his hands as Woo Bin made his way to Choi Won Young.

‘Woo Bin-ah, are you drunk already? It’s too early!’

‘Anyo, sunbae.’ He put his hands together like a school boy getting a scolding.

Won Young addressed the crowd again. 'Now, uri poor Young Do never got the girl. He didn’t even get a kiss scene!’ Everyone laughed and hooted.

‘IT'S UNFAIR!’ Woo Bin playfully cried out as the onlookers cheered.

‘Gwaenchana. I understand your pain, Young Do-yah. That’s why I’m going to give you a present tonight! Let’s call on CHA EUN SANG to the stage!’

The crowd cheered louder as Shin Hye waved her hands vigorously. ‘Cha Eun Sang! Cha Eun Sang!’ They started chanting. Min Ho clapped his hands, but already, he was feeling slightly uneasy.

He’s not going to make them kiss, is he?

He saw Shin Hye reluctantly stand up next to Woo Bin as more and more people teased. Woo Bin came closer and held her hand. Jashik. The crowd cheered as Shin Hye laughed and played along.

‘Wow. Young Do is really making the most out of this!’ Won Young said. ‘Okay. This is your last chance, Young Do-yah. Give your dream girl a farewell hug!’

‘Hug! Hug! Hug!’ The crowd was chanting again. Shin Hye suddenly became shy as she chuckled with Woo Bin. Min Ho had to remind himself that it was all for fun.

He saw Woo Bin take a few steps back, then run to Shin Hye before giving her a hug similar to what Young Do gave to Eun Sang in the drama. The crowd went wild as Shin Hye broke free and friskily hit Woo Bin. They were both laughing hard as they went back to their tables.

‘Miane, Kim Tan,’ Woo Bin whispered to Min Ho as he sat beside him. Min Ho laughed it off. ‘You should try to kiss her when it’s your turn,’ Woo Bin continued, earning him a high five from his hyung.

‘Okay! We can’t just end the night without letting our lovebirds share a moment, right?’ Won Young taunted the crowd. Everyone clapped and cheered, as they prodded Min Ho and Shin Hye.

‘Your turn, hyung! Palli, palli!’ Woo Bin . Min Ho looked at Shin Hye who was still playfully fighting off the people on her table who were teasing her. He stood up and walked over to her and held out his hand. The crowd went crazy. Shin Hye’s cheeks reddened as she gave him her hand. Min Ho helped her up and led her to Won Young.

‘Yeokshi, Kim Tan is still in a romantic mood! Alright, I want to play a game with these two!’ Won young said. Just then, one of the crew members gave each of them a glass of beer. Min Ho’s eyes widened as he accepted.

‘The rules are simple. We’ll have a drinking contest. Whoever wins, gets to be the MC for the rest of the night. The losers will have to kiss.’

‘What?!’ Shin Hye cried out, laughing. The onlookers cheered – some of them started chanting ‘Choi Won Young!’ For some reason, the game got Min Ho excited. All he could do was laugh and cheer along.

‘Okay, ready? Ya, remember I’m your sunbae,’ Won Young said sternly to Min Ho. ‘And please, Shin Hye-ah, I don’t want to kiss him,’ he turned to her, pointing at Min Ho.

‘3, 2, 1, GO!’ The three drank at the same time. Min Ho looked at Shin Hye while drinking and he saw that she was really trying to win. He stopped himself from laughing and drank leisurely (of course). After a while, he heard the crowd cheer. He looked at his sunbae and saw that he was raising an empty glass. He stopped drinking and pretended to look disappointed. Shin Hye, on the other hand, was now hiding her face in embarrassment.

‘Aigoo, ottoke? I won?’ He teased the couple. ‘Okay, before we give these two their punishment, let’s first bring out our celebratory cake.' Some staff members brought out a pink cake with lit candles and Kim Tan and Cha Eun Sang figures on top. ‘Let’s have a countdown for the blowing of the candles as well. To the success of Heirs and to our beautiful main leads – 3, 2, 1!’

Min Ho and Shin Hye blew out the candles, with Min Ho stealing a glance. He tried to soak in the atmosphere. He has never been more thankful than he was at that moment. The drama was a hit. His career was on a high.

Then there was Shin Hye. She looked radiant as she smiled to the clapping crowd after blowing out the candles.

‘Now that that’s done. Let’s have the main event. Min Ho-yah, Shin Hye-yah, your punishment please.’ Won Young backed off and let them have the spotlight.

‘Popo! Popo! Popo!’ The crowd was cheering loudly now. Min Ho looked around and everyone was smiling at them with bright eyes. He went with the teasing feeling and grabbed Shin Hye’s jacket collar, as if leaning in for a kiss.

‘Ya, oppa!’ Shin Hye grinned as she fought off his advances and grabbed his collar as well. The onlookers were cheering on as they did their little teasing dance in the middle. Min Ho let go and smiled. He then motioned to her for a hug instead, which she gladly obliged.

It was a fleeting second, but Min Ho was happy that he was able to hug her tightly like that, not as Cha Eun Sang but as Park Shin Hye, in front of the people they’ve worked with for months.

The rest of the night went on happily as everyone celebrated and took photos together. Min Ho watched Shin Hye take a selca with almost everyone. He laughed at her tenacity. He stood up from where he was sitting and walked to her direction.

‘Are you not going to take one with me?’ Min Ho said.

Shin Hye looked up and smiled. ‘Of course I am, oppa.’ She motioned for Min Ho to sit beside her. Min Ho lea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter