What now?

Could it be... I like you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is the continuation of the phone conversation in the first chapter of this fic: Beginning at the End.

 

Shin Hye looked around for any sign of Min Ho. ‘Where are you calling from, oppa? I just saw you a while ago,’

‘I’m already in the van, things were getting a little wild there,’ he was silent for a while before clearing his throat. ‘Shin Hye, are you sure you’re okay?’

‘I’m on the verge of tears, but I’m good. I feel like I have to say goodbye to everyone.’

‘Yeah, so… uh, that’s actually why I called. Uh, I realized I didn’t give you a proper goodbye. It didn’t seem right for me to just go,’ he said. ‘Oh by the way, I got your number from Ha Neul. I hope you don’t mind,’ he continued.

Ha Neul? Was that why he called me last night?

‘Of course not, oppa. Yeah, I wasn’t able to say goodbye as well,’ Shin Hye responded. ‘I, err, was actually looking for you.’

‘Ah, really? It seems weird doing this on the phone,’ he chuckled. ‘Anyway, I’m going to see you later at the charity event. You get some rest and we can talk then. I just wanted to call to tell you I didn’t forget,’ he said.

Shin Hye smiled. ‘Yes oppa, thanks. I’ll see you later.’

She hung up and looked at his number on her phone. Should I save it? She shook her head and scolded herself for being immature. He’s a co-worker. What’s wrong with saving his number?

This time, she looked around and saw everyone still hugging and saying their goodbyes. The whole atmosphere made her feel all emotional. She remembered holding Min Ho’s hand as she said her last lines as Cha Eun Sang. After seeing him everyday for several months, she wasn’t going to see a lot of him anymore. No more jokes and laughs. No more conversations about Tan and Eun Sang.

She was going to see Min Ho later that day, but already, he felt far away.

The tears finally fell.

 

As soon as Min Ho hung up, he felt an emptiness he couldn’t describe. He was looking out the window of his van and saw Shin Hye with the people he spent months working with. He didn’t know exactly when it started, but he realized she became an important person to him.

Min Ho reached at the backseat for a black paper bag. He stared at it, then at Shin Hye who was still outside. After choosing it personally, he bought it online two weeks ago and had it delivered before filming ended. For days, he’s been trying to figure out a way to give it to her. He thought maybe he’d have a chance after the shoot this morning, but that plan tanked.

Just then, his manager – along with is bodyguards – came inside the van. Min Ho put the paper bag back hurriedly. ‘Alright, we have everything. Let’s go,’ his manager tapped the driver’s shoulder.

‘Wait,’ Min Ho said, raising his left hand. He continued to observe Shin Hye. She was crying now, and he felt an impulse to get out of the car and give her a hug.

‘Why? Did you forget something?’ His manager follo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter