Yongguk's Story -

Bring your daughter to work day (6-shot)

 

--Your POV--

 

When Minji told us Yongguk was currently at the recording studio , we made our way there ourselves. I told Haeyong to keep quiet , because Yongguk might be busy with recording. She cutely covered with her hands. I slightly opened the door to the recording room and took a peak. Only Yongguk was there. It looks like he's busy and really focused with work. Haeyong also took a peak , and as soon as she saw her daddy , she just called out to him screaming. 

 

 

 

 

 

Haeyong: Daddy!

Me: Haeyong!

Haeyong: Opps. *covers he mouth* Sorry mommy. Daddy didn't look at me though.

 

 

 

 

 

I looked over at Yongguk , and he wasn't looking at all. He had some big headphones one , meaning he probably can't hear us. I was about to go in when and fully open the door , but someone held the doorknob before I could reach out for it again. It was Youngjae.

 

 

 

 

 

Me: Youngjae!

Youngjae: What are you two doing here?

Me: We're here to see Yongguk.

Youngjae: Of course you are. I mean , why won't you go inside?

Me: Haeyong called out for him , but I don't think he heard her.

Youngjae: *opens the door and peeps inside* Oh. I see.

 

 

 

 

 

Youngjae walked inside without any hesitations and tapped Yongguk's shoulder. He took off the headphones when he saw Youngjae. Youngjae told him we were here and pointed to us. Yongguk was kinda shocked , and immediately rushed to us.

 

 

 

 

 

Yongguk: Sorry. I didn't notice you. You should've done what Youngjae did as soon as you got here.

Me: Sorry. I didn't know what to do. You seemed so focused.

Youngjae: Hyung forgets the world when he has those headphones on.

Yongguk: Aren't you supposed to be in practice?

Youngjae: Aren't you supposed to be in practice too?

Yongguk: I had to check the song.

Haeyong: Daddy! Daddy!

Yongguk: Oh. Can you hear that?

Haeyong: Hear what?

Yongguk: Someone's calling out 'Daddy!' , but I can't see who it is!

Youngjae: Ohh ... I think I can hear it too hyung.

Haeyong: DADDY! I'm down here! *pulls his sleeves* DADDY!

Yongguk: *looks down* Oh! Haeyong! I didn't see you there!

Haeyong: *puffs her cheeks and crosses her arms* Daddy!

Yongguk: I was kidding , sweetie.

Haeyong: What were you doing , daddy?

Yongguk: Daddy was listening to our new song.

Haeyong: Wow! Really?! Can I hear it?

Yongguk: Of course you can , sweetheart. But you and Uncle Youngjae and I have to go to the practice room first. I'll let you hear it later.

Haeyong: Ok!

Yongguk: Go to with uncle Youngjae first. I need to talk to your mommy.

Haeyong: Ok. Bye mommy! *hugs her mom*

Me: I'll see you later. Be a good girl!

Haeyong: Ok!

Youngjae: Let's go!

Haeyong: Uncle , you pretended you didn't see me too!

Youngjae: I was just going along with your Daddy! Look how cute you are , there's no way I can't notice you!

 

 

 

 

 

Youngjae walked away with Haeyong to the practice room. Yongguk said he wanted to talk to me , but what does he want to talk about?

 

 

 

 

 

Me: Is something wrong?

Yongguk: Are you ok?

Me: Huh? Of course , why would I not be ok?

Yongguk: When you were pregnant with Haeyong , this was the time you were having a hard time.

Me: You remembered that?

Yongguk: Of course I do! I was panicking all throughout your 5 months before.

Me: I'm ok. It's surprisingly better now than before.

Yongguk: Are you sure?

Me: Absolutely. If something's wrong , I would tell you. It's probably something important , if something was wrong , but i'm fine. You need to go to practice now. I'm gonna be late for my appointment. Are you gonna be ok with Haeyong?

Yongguk: do you think i'm not gonna be ok with Haeyong?

Me: No. I know you're gonna be fine.

Yongguk: Call me if something's wrong.

Me: Relax. Everything will be fine. 

Yongguk: I'll walk you outside.

Me: No. It's fine. I called a taxi before coming here. The taxi's  probably waiting outside already. I need to go. Ok?

Yongguk: Ok. *kisses your forehead*

Me: I have to go! See you later!

 

 

 

 

 

I waved goodbye before leaving the building. I'm a bit worried , but it's Yongguk. He can take care of her with no problem at all. I know he's also worried about me. B.A.P's about to make a come back in a month , but he proposed to delay the come back not long ago so he can take care of me. When I first got pregnant with Haeyong , I had some complications during my pregnancy. He was really worried it might happen again , so he wanted to take a couple of months of break to take care of me. I had to talk him not to do that , because i'll be fine and his fans are waiting. I have to show him that i'm fine , and I am. He shouldn't have anything to worry about.

 

 

 

--Yongguk's POV--

 

Himchan was tossing and playing Haeyong around when I arrived in the practice room. When he saw me , he stopped in an instant. He knows I don't like any of them tossing her up because the ceiling's not so high and she could get hurt.

 

 

 

 

 

Yongguk: Didn't I tell you not to do that?

Himchan: She asked for it.

Haeyong: Sorry Daddy. I asked uncle Himchan.

Yongguk: You could get hurt , sweetheart.

Haeyong: Don't worry , Daddy! I would get hurt if it was uncle Zelo doing it.

Himchan: Hey! Are you saying i'm short?!

Yongguk: Don't pick a fight with kids.

Himchan: Your kid's brutally honest.

Yongguk: She's honest for her own good. Haeyong. Sweetie , we need to practice now.

Haeyong: Can I watch Daddy?!

Yongguk: Ok , but don't be loud. Ok? You have to keep quiet when we're practicing.

Haeyong: OK!

 

 

 

 

 

I left Haeyong to the side with the other staffs watching. She looks so excited , jumping around and getting all hyper. Honestly , I feel kinda conscious with my daughter watching. Haeyong and her mother rarely come to watch us , but when they do , I always get nervous. It's my family watching me sing and dance , what do you expect me to feel? We started practicing a new routine for our upcoming comeback song. Whenever I looked over at Haeyoung , i could see her imitating our dance steps. After some rounds , we finally decided to take a break.

 

 

 

 

 

Haeyong: Daddy! Daddy , you were amazing!

Yongguk: Was I really?

Haeyong: Of course! You were dancing like this *imitates him* and then like this *imitates again* and then you were--!

Yongguk: Ok sweetie. Enough of that before you hurt yourself.

Haeyong: Daddy was really really cool!

Himchan: Was Uncle Himchan cool too?!

Haeyong: Yeah! But Daddy was cooler!

Himchan: Yep. She's brutally honest , no doubt about it.

Yongguk: Sweetie , do you want to eat?

Haeyong: Yes! I'm hungry! Did mommy pack my strawberry milk?

Yongguk: I'm not sure. We'll see. Guys , we're going to the cafeteria.

Daehyun: Hyung , I want to go too!

Zelo: Me too!

Jongup: Me three!

Youngjae: It is a good time to have lunch now.

Yongguk: You guys don't even hesitate , even for just a sec. No wonder people think this group is all about food.

Daehyun: We're not called B.A.P for nothing! Come on! I want meat , fried tofu , hamburgersteak , and then for dessert , I want cheesecake and chocolate cake , macarons--

Himchan: Woah! Slow down!

Jongup: Hyung's drooling.

Youngjae: You're expecting too much from the canteen.

Haeyong: Uncles are so funny , daddy!

Yongguk: Don't mind them , sweetie. They're crazy. Don't ever follow anything they do. Ok?

Haeyong: Ok daddy.

 

 

 

 

 

The six of us headed off to the canteen. We were never deprived of anything , especially food. We're probably one of the idol groups who are most present at cannteens or at the food stations prepared at music shows. I don't really like meat and I don't eat that much , but members like Daehyun and Jongup have that strong appetite. While the members went over to the counter to get food , it was the moment of truth. My daughter and I were at the lunch table , trying to find out if her mother did pack her favorite strawberry milk drink ... we opened her lunch box and ... no strawberry milk. She doesn't look very happy.

 

 

 

 

 

Haeyong: Daddy ... where's my strawberry milk?

Yongguk: Sorry sweetie. Looks like mommy forgot to put it in.

Haeyong: No strawberry milk? 

 

 

 

 

 

Her face turned from excited to gloomy , and she started pouting. She's very obsessed with strawberry milk drink. I don't now who she really got it from. I'm not so fond of sweets , but I guess it's probably from her mother , because she was craving for strawberry during her pregnancy with Haeyong. Her eyes were forming tears already , but she's trying to hold it in. Cute , but I know I have to get her to stop. She's gonna cry for real in a while. I have to do something. Don't panic. Don't panic.

 

 

 

 

 

Yongguk: S-sweetie. You don't have to cry.

Haeyong: But I want my strawberry milk!

Yongguk: What did I say about not complaining when you don't get something that you want?

Haeyong: My strawberry milk ... *cries*

Yongguk: H-hey! Hey! W-we can't buy any of that here now , but we can buy you your strawberry milk later.

Haeyong: My strawberry ... *cries*

Yongguk: I-i'll call your mom , ok?

 

 

 

 

 

Why didn't she put the freakin' strawberry milk in?! I took my phone and quickly dialled Haemin's number. She wasn't picking up on my 1st or 2nd attempt , and it took 5 rings before she answered my 3rd call.

 

 

 

 

 

Me: Hey. Is something wrong?

Yongguk: Why did it take you so long to answer? Anything wrong?

Me: I'm getting an ultarsound , and still am. You're kinda disturbing it. Is this important?

Yongguk: W-where's her strawberry milk?!

Me: Strawberry milk? .... Oh! Strawberry milk. Didn't I put it in her lunch box?

Yongguk: N-not at all!  W-what do I do?! She's crying!

Me: I'm sorry. I probably forgot. You can get one at vending machines. Don't they have vending machines there?

Yongguk: I'll go check.

Me: If you can't find one , i'll buy one and then go back there as soon as pos--

Yongguk: No. Stay there. I got this. 

Me: Are you sure?

Yongguk: Yeah. I'll be fine Don't worry. I'll call you later.

 

 

 

 

 

I hung up the phone and looked at the vending machines around. I don't think they have strawberry milk. I was gonna stand up already when Himchan and Zelo came back from the counter.

 

 

 

 

 

Himchan: Aigoo Why is my princess crying? Did Daddy make you cry?

Haeyong: STRAWBERRY MILK!! *cries*

Yongguk: Do they serve strawberry milk there?

Zelo: No hyung.

Yongguk: Are you sure?

Zelo: Yeah. It's exactly why Daehyun hyung's taking forever to get away from the counter. And cheesecake.

Yongguk: Are vendo machines outside the building selling strawberry milk?

Himchan: Don't think so. It's freezing cold.

Yongguk: She's never gonna stop crying without it.

Himchan: Hey. Haeyong , do you want chocolate milk instead?

Haeyong: NO! STRAWBERRY MILK!!!!!!!!!!!! *cries*

Himchan: Sheez. Your daughter is obsessed with that.

Youngjae: *goes to the table* Hey. I just got a call. Secret noonas are on their way here. They're asking if you want them to get you something on the way , you have to say it now. ASAP.

Daehyun: Cheesecake! They ran out in of desserts here.

Yongguk: Thank goodness. Can you  ask them to get me some strawberry milk for Haeyong? 

Youngjae: Yeah. Sure. I'll text them now.

Daehyun: I want that too!

 

 

 

 

 

Thank goodness. I finally got Haeyong to stop crying when I told her the strawberry milk was on its way here. Haeyong isn't the type to cry a lot , but if it concerns her strawberry milk , she will go crazy. My mom said Haeyong got that from me. She said I used to be that crazy for Tigger , that I would cry whenever I had to share my doll with Yongnam. I guess kids are kids. They always want something so bad at some point.  I texted her mother , just so she wouldn't worry about Haeyong crying. I got Haeyoung to eat her lunch , and the others helped me cheer her up until the Secret noonas finally got here.

 

 

 

 

 

Hyosung: Yongguk! We didn't know how many strawberry milks to buy , so we bought a six-pack.

Yongguk: That's too much noona.

Haeyong: It's perfect , Auntie! Thank you!

Hyosung: Aigoo! *pinches her cheeks*  You're as cute as always , Haeyong!

Sunhwa: Just like Auntie Sunhwa , right?!

Haeyong: Yes! Just like Auntie Sunhwa! I'm as pretty as Auntie Sunhwa!

Jieun: What about me?

Himchan: Yeah Haeyong. If your mommy wasn't your mommy , your Auntie Jieun would've been your mommy!

Haeyong: What do you mean , Uncle?

Yongguk: Hey! Don't tell the kid things like that.

Jieun: You must be forgetting my husband is a black belter in martial arts.

Daehyun: Noona , do you have my cake with you?

Hyosung: Yah! Half the food we bought were all yours! You better pay for it!

Daehyun: You're gonna make me pay and you're not gonna make them pay?

Hana: We have to go to practice now.

Yongguk: You're not gonna eat here?

Hyosung: We just came here to give you that. We ate on our way.

Sunhwa: See you later , cutie Haeyong!

Haeyong: Thank you for the strawberry milk Auntie Sunhwa , Auntie Hyosung , Auntie Jieun and Auntie Hana! *waves* Bye!

 

 

 

 

 

She's finally happy. She took two strawberry milks in her hands , and I put the rest in her lunch box. I know it doesn't hurt but too much sweets might even more hyper. We went back to practice after that , and did nothing but practice all afternoon. Haeyong fell asleep while waiting for us , and everyone practically forgot we were practicing because they were all looking at her.  She woke up , just as we were about to call it a wrap. 

 

 

 

 

 

Haeyong: Daddy , where's mommy?

Yongguk: She's not her. We'll meet her at home.

Haeyong: You're going home with me , daddy? You're gonna have dinner with us? You're gonna play with me before I sleep?

Yongguk: Yeah. Sure. Of course.

Haeyong: Are you sure?

Yongguk: Do you think daddy would lie?

Haeyong: Daddy never eats with us. Daddy never plays with me before I go to sleep. You're never around when I wake up , and you're never around when I sleep. Is daddy really going to spend time with me now?

Yongguk: ...

Haeyong: I'm glad I get to spend time with Daddy today. Even if I cried , daddy still took care of me. I hope Daddy always takes me to work with him. *smiles* I like seeing Daddy sing and dance! 

 

 

 

 

 

Haeyong's usually happy and cheerful like her mother , this is the first time she got serious like this. I never knew she had those things in her head. I reached out for her and gave her a hug , and she hugged back. "I love you , Daddy" , she said while hugging me. It made me feel like the happiest man on earth , hearing that from my daughter. The other members looked at her with worry , but then smiled when they saw her smiling. She's right though. I never get to spend so much time with her like right now. I'm so busy working , and sometimes even sleeping here , everyday that I never get to spend so much time with her. I felt kinda bad. 

 

We went home from the company after that. I played some games with her in the van , on the way back home. She looked really happy , but I still can't help but think about what she said. That night , after eating dinner and playing with Haeyong (which I haven't done in a while) , I talked to Haemin about what she said.

 

 

 

 

 

Yongguk: Do you think my work is affecting her too much?

Me: What are you talking about? Don't think like it affects her in a bad way.

Yongguk: But she's sad because I don't spend time with her.

Me: She does look for you most of the time , but it doesn't mean that she's sad. She loves your work.

Yongguk: But I don't get to spend time with her , play with her , event meals with her , because i'm too busy as an idol. Do you think it's about time I--

Me: What are you saying? No. What about your fans?

Yongguk: They'll understand. What about Haeyong? I'm more worried about her. About you.

Me: Yongguk. Listen to me , ok? Haeyong's not sad because you're an idol. She loves your work. Remember what she said? She loves watching you sing and dance. Whenever we're at home and we see you performing on TV , she's always so happy. She says she's proud her father is there. When we're at her school , she always boasts about her Daddy being a star. You should see how happy she is when she talks about you and B.A.P. She wouldn't be happy if she found out you gave up on that because of her. I admit , it makes her sad sometimes when you're not around , but because of that she treasures the time she gets to spend with you. 

Yongguk: Is she really gonna be ok?

Me: Of course. She's your daughter. Have more faith in her. 

Yongguk: What about you? Aren't you having a hard time?

Me: I'm the mother of your kids , have more faith in me.

Yongguk: *hugs me* Thank you , Haemin. I'm glad you're the one I love and married. 

Me: Y-you're making me blush.

Yongguk: I know.

Me: *hugs him back* Your dreams are my dreams too. For me and Haeyong , you giving us some of your time is enough. We know that you love us regardless of how much time you only get to spend with us. Besides , not everyone's husband and daddy is an idol.

Yongguk: I promise to spend more time with the two of you. I mean , the three of you.

Me: You're always being there at important times is enough for us.

Yongguk: Someday , we'll have all the time in the world to be a family

Me: Eh? *smiles* We're already a family!

Yongguk: *smiles* Yeah. I guess you're right.

Me: Just because you're an idol doesn't mean we're any different from an ordinary family. We're a family , together or when you're at work.

Yongguk: *hugs me tighter* I love you guys.

Me: We love you too.

Yongguk: Let's do this again sometime.

Me: Do what?

Yongguk: Bringing Haeyong to work with me. Maybe once or twice a week.

Me: Is it ok?

Yongguk: Of course. Maybe not when we start promoting , but she can come once or twice a week when we're not promoting. She can come to music shows with me , but let's do that next time after you give birth.

Me: Thank you. She's gonna be happy if she hears about that.

Yongguk: There is something you have to remember though. 

Me: What is it?

Yongguk: Don't ever forget her strawberry milk! She bawled like crazy because of that!

 

 

 

 

 

Haemin teased me about it. We laughed together as we teased each other. I'm glad that I get to be with her like this. I'm glad that I get to spend time with Haeyong and Haemin. Together or not , we're always a family. The time  we spend together doesn't measure what kind of family we are , as long as we love each other. I might not get to spend a lot of time with them , but every moment with them becomes even more special. I'm not perfect , and I didn't give them so much time as I give to my work , but that can change. I'm just glad they understand why I have to work , and that they also love my work. I couldn't be any happier or luckier , happy and lucky because this is my family.

 

===========================================================

 

 

 

And that’s Yongguk's story!

Did you all enjoy the story?

I hope you did. I tried to make it good.

 

NEXT STORY IS DAEHYUN'S STORY!

Are you all excited?

I am , because Daehyun is my favorite.

I want to be able to portray him as a father better than anyone else. Haha.

 

Please wait for it!

Thank you for reading my stories!

I really appreciate it!

Thank you!

 

-dorobbongie :3