01

The Magical Ferris Wheel

“Hey, let’s go to the amusement park! Song Leader is in a good mood today and decided to give everybody a break. It’s been a long time since we’ve went out, please say yes~~~”

“You’re only asking me out since you need company right? What happened to YiJeong?!?!?”

Yes, I’m the best friend of History’s oh so annoying member, Kim Jaeho. It has indeed been a long time since we’ve spent quality time with each other, especially ever since History debuted in April. Jaeho has always been the shy guy when we first became friends, but I’m happy he has decided to open up to his hyungs and YiJeong, maybe a little too much at times…

“YAH IDIOT WHERE ARE YOU?!?! I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR 5 MINUTES ALREADY”

Looks like the Jaeho I’ve known since young has not changed. He is still the impatient Kim Jaeho who complains over every single thing, the crazy Kim Jaeho I’ve fell in love with.

“Maybe you could turn around to realise I’m just behind you?”

Once he turned around, I realised that he now looks like a celebrity with his slight eyeliner and BB Cream on his face. His face looks much thinner but his smile is still the same. Seeing him lose so much weight makes my heart hurt so much. I can’t help but touch his face and give him a hug.

“Are you too happy to see me? Why are you hugging me so tightly?”

I realised what I’ve been doing and pulled away. Why can’t he just keep quiet and let me enjoy the moment? Idiot…

“Nothing… Let’s just walk around!!!”

Why am I so careless?!? Jaeho is just a friend, JUST A FRIEND.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is finally sunset and it’s time for Jaeho to head back to the dorm. He has already got 2 calls from the Gentle Leader, but everybody knows nobody can stop Jaeho from having fun. Gentle Leader was a nickname I gave to KyungIl, but Jaeho would always disagree with me as he is always getting into trouble with him. Let’s just say KyungIl isn’t exactly gentle when he is angry.

“How about going on the ferris wheel? It’s the only ride left and we can watch the sunset together just like we were young.”

Did Jaeho forget I have a fear of heights or is he trying to make fun of me?!? Even before I could say a word, he grabbed my arm and pulled me to the ferris wheel.

“Isn’t the view amazing? I can see the Loen building from here!”

Yes, this is the foolish boy I’ve fell in love with, but all I can concentrate on right now is to finish this ride without breaking down.

“Erm… Okay…”


Jaeho probably noticed my change of mood, oh no...

“I’m so sorry! I forgot you were afraid of heights. Just close your eyes and everything will be over soon. “

The foolish Jaeho can be a sweetie pie at times, but I do not want to make him feel guilty. It isn’t his fault that he has so little rest days off his busy schedules to have such fun like today. I need to say something to clear this awkward atmosphere, and quick!

“Hey…” “Hey…”

Why did we start talking at the same time? Now it’s even more awkward.

“You start first.”

“Erm… Don’t feel guilty about bringing me up here. Just enjoy yourself on this last ride, I don’t know when will your next rest day be.”

Jaeho nodded his head to agree, but I can’t help but get scared as the ride got higher and higher. I closed my eyes and grabbed onto the nearest object.

“You’re scared right? Stop hiding your fear. Just continuing closing your eyes and hold my hands. Do not open your eyes!”

This is the first time I’ve held Jaeho’s hands. It actually feels larger and warmer than I expected it to be. As much as I hate how high up in the air this ride is, I really don’t want to let go of his warm hands.

“Hey, I need to say something now before it’s too late. You know how they say the guy should confess to a girl at the highest point of the ferris wheel? As cliché as it is, I am now confessing to you at the highest point of the ferris wheel. We’ve known each other since young and have never been separated. Ever since debuting, it’s been a full 7 months of not seeing each other and I realised how much I missed you. It isn’t the feeling of missing my best friend, but more of missing your smile and having the urge to skip practice to see you for even just a minute. This confession may spoil our friendship but I am willing to take the risk. Will you now tell me whether you feel the same way?”

I couldn’t help but open my eyes despite my fear of heights. I try to open my mouth to say something, but nothing seems to come out. I realised I was still holding Jaeho’s hands and I’ve been crying. He looks at me in the eye, as if to find an answer. The ride soon ends but I’ve not given an answer to him. Before I could say anything, he gently pushes me out of the carriage and tells me something.

“I am sorry for scaring you, but let me just take this round alone and clear my mind.”

I know there’s nothing I can do to stop Jaeho from doing what he wants, and I find a seat to settle down in. While sitting, thoughts of us two come flooding in. How me first met, how we would understand each other so well, and how we would still care for each other despite the insults we throw at each other. One part of me feels happy that he feels the same way as me, but the other is feeling disappointed and angry that he has kept it from me from so long, and made me feel like a fool. He even doubted the way I feel about him after such a long friendship? I don’t even know what to feel anymore, anger or happiness…

“Hey, I’m done! Wanna go for ice-cream? It’s my trea-“

The moment I looked up and saw Jaeho, I ran to where he was standing and gave him a hug.

“You idiot, you didn’t even hear my explanation and just assumed I rejected you? I don’t even know how I am able fall in love with such an idiot. Of course you’re gonna give me an ice-cream treat! You don’t even know how angry I am at you for not telling me your feelings, making me feel like a desperate fool waiting for someone who would ne-“

Just as I was to finish my sentence, I felt Jaeho’s soft lips on mine.

“I’m someone who would never love you back? Never doubt my love for you in the future alright?”

As soon as he finished his sentence, he gave me another kiss. A kiss filled with more love and sincerity than the first. Right at that moment, it was as if our future together was sealed with just that kiss.