chapter i

Words Left Unsaid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
chapter i.       Jessica.   I was leaning my back against the wall, pieces of paper wrapped around my arms. I wanna know your name. His voice echoed in her mind. I was definitely flustered for his sudden curiosity. Okay, fine, a bit happy about it, maybe? Gosh, I think my cheeks are already burning.     Okay, okay... Sooyeon, stop it. You're having stupid delusions. A month had passed yet everyday, I see him at school. I don't know if it's due to unknown circumstances or what, but I am happy to see him. It kinda makes me feel that I have a friend. Well, sometimes we have little chats like hi and hello then goodbye.     Well, on the contrary, we frequently talk with eye contacts everytime we see each other or our smiles.     Nobody cared about me before. Not that I'm assuming that he cared for me what I meant was nobody tried to get to know who I really am. Well, I guess I kinda like that - living as a wallflower at this school but when I come to think of it, where's the essence of living?     I don't wanna spend college without memories of my high school years. They said that teen age years are the best but mine are definitely the other way around. I'm not complaining. I just wanna know how would it feel like.     To be popular at school and... well... uhm... like what teenagers do... you know... fall in love and be loved.     I wonder what would it feel like.      To be loved by you know... I blushed when his name crossed my mind.     "How long have you been waiting?" His cold eyes met mine but despite his cold treatment, I smiled. "Not too long." I handed him the papers I was holding. I think you need these for tomorrow. I plastered a bright smile but he just darted his eyes away from mine and started walking but just before he did, he grabbed the papers from my hand and fixed the sling of his bag resting on his shoulders.     "Oppa!" I called out.     "What?" He asked with his annoyed tone. I bit my lower lip, I hate seeing him annoyed with my mere presence. Maybe, I don't hate it, maybe I hate the fact that he doesn't want me around him.      "D-do you remember what date is it today?" I asked, stammering, my hopeful smile was shaky.     "Is there anything important to remember?"     "No, it's just uh..." I started thinking, "Maybe, you can go to our house and have dinner. You know? My dad kinda misses you so... yeah. You know how close our families are."     "My mom's close to your family, not me." He rolled his eyes and removed his bag. "Here." He handed his bag and I immediately caught it in my hands. "The smallest pocket on my bag has the keys for my apartment. Just put it there and leave the keys underneath the window pane. I've got a date to catch."     "But uhm-"     "You gonna go or what?"     "I will but-"     "No, buts. Just go and get the hell outta my face." With that, he started walking away from her leaving her on my spot. I wanted to start walking but it seemed that feet were glued on the floor. I saw his perfect figure slowly fleeting away from my sight.     What was I thinking? I sighed. I didn't even realize that a tear cascaded in my cheek. A tear fell on the floor and I frantically wiped the tears from my face. Yah! I told myself. Jung Sooyeon, this is not the first time that he neglected you, right? What is there to be upset about, huh?     Well, he started ignoring me when I told him what I felt for him. I tried to smile of how foolish I am. Since that day, he's been dating different types of girls. I don't know if it's a show off or anything but...     The only frustrating question in my mind is that... Why does it have to be them. Why can't it be me. I'm willing to change who I am for him. If he wants someone mature I can be someone like that for him.     If he wants someone serious, I can take him seriously then, but why...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter