I Do I Do

I Do I Do

ob_b5c4a4_tumblr-mk7f925gdx1ry2qpto1-500

Gif not mine. Credits to owner.


"Aren't you excited?"

She looked at her friend from the vanity mirror she was sitting in front of.

After breathing out a huge sigh, she pouted and rested her head on her arms of the desk of the vanity.

"I'm not quite sure. I should be."

"What's wrong?" Jieun asked, sitting on the corner of her bed, tapping the girl on the shoulder, "Tell me."

"I'm excited and I'm happy that I get to go through this new journey, but I feel so empty and sad, do you know?" 

Jieun nodded, "I know how it feels to get cold feet. That happened to me when Junhyung and I had to go through it. It'll be alright." Jieun nodded, "Don't worry."

"Did you feel this nervous?"

She held onto her heart as it kept beating faster and faster. She didn't know how to control her emotions.

"Yes, don't worry." Jieun grabbed her friend's shoulder, "Why don't you tell Doojoon about this? Maybe he'll help."

"What if he gets angry?"

"Why would he get angry? He should be feeling the same way." Jieun smiled, "Everyone would be feeling like this."

"I'll ask him when he comes over later tonight. He won't get mad or anything, right?" 

Jieun shook her head, "Believe in me, friend. There is nothing going on. He won't get mad, just be honest. Honesty is the key to everything." 

She nodded by the encouragement of her friend, "Thanks, Jieun. I know I can always count on you." 

Jieun smiled and gave her a high five, "You can always believe in me."

`

"Maybe you should tell her." 

Doojoon put his book down, eyeing his friend, "What?"

"I'm just saying, it's better for you to tell her. What if you run out last minute?" 

"I'm not going to run out last minute, okay? It's going to be fine." Doojoon muttered, reading his book again.

"Yeah, that's what you're going to say until you run out."

Doojoon closed his book and put it down on the table, "What do you want?"

Junhyung shrugged, "I'm just saying, it almost happened to me."

"I'm not you, Junhyung." Doojoon narrowed his eyes, "Is thsi why you're here?"

"It's better to be honest with her. You know, tell her how you feel and maybe she'll say the same thing. You guys might end up having the same emotion about this." Junhyung pointed out, "You wouldn't want to lie to her."

"What if I'm the only one feeling this? What if she's happy and joyous and when I tell her, she gets down and angry? Then what happens?" Doojoon asked him, sighing.

"It won't happen."

Doojoon took his mug of coffee, before sipping a little, "That's what you think."

"Just trust me on this, she won't get mad. And even though let's say she's happy and joyous right now but because you brought it up, she gets kind of nervous too, well, she'll feel it sooner or later."

"And how can you be so sure?" Doojoon asked, putting down the mug, "Mr. Yong?" 

Junhyung narrowed his eyes, "Don't call me that."

Doojoon just laughed, getting ahold of his book, "I don't need your help. Thanks, anyways." 

"I'm just saying me and Jieun had the same thing happen to us and we don't want it to happen to you. And I'm sure I know my girlfriend a lot to the point that she's telling the same thing to her like how I'm talking to you." 

Doojoon looked at him, "You mean your wife?"

Junhyung's cheeks turned red as he coughed, "Yes, wife."

"Is it stil weird calling her your wife? You guys have been married for almost a year now, isn't it time you get used to it?" 

Junhyun straightened himself, "Well, although she has been my wife, it's still weird having her as a wife. Who can imagine a perfect girl like her would only be mine?" 

Doojoon chocked on his coffee after hearing his friend, "Dude, I didn't know you were so corny."

"I guess this is what love does to people." Junhyung nudged him.

Doojoon just shrugged, "I guess you're right." 

"So, just tell her. I'm sure you're not going to regret it. I want you to be honest with each other and I'm sure you guys are going to go through this together. Just like Jieun and I." Junhyung patted Doojoon's shoulder, "Ask her tonight."

Doojoon sighed, "Okay, fine, I'll ask her. Only because a guy like you is still blushing over the fact that your wife is still perfect to you."

Junhyung smacked Doojoon on the head, "Shut up and tell me how it goes."

Doojoon rubbed the back of his head and smiled, "Sure."

`

She eyed him over the counter as he saw on the couch and looked through the channel.

She didn't know when the right time was to ask him. She was scared of him judging her and she didn't want that to happen.

"So, what?" 

She looked at him with a confused look when he held onto the remote.

"What?"

"What movie do you want to watch?" He repeated, looking at the television screen, "There isn't much."

"Well," She started off, slowly walking over to the couch and sitting next  to him, "Instead of a movie, I want to talk to you." 

She reached over for the remote in his hands and turned off the television, breathing in and staring at his face.

"Okay, what is it?" 

She scratched her head, "I don't know how to say this." 

Doojoon nervously laughed, "I bet it's nothing compared to what I had to tell you."

She stopped, "What do you mean? Do you have to tell me something, too?"

He scratched the back of his head, "Yeah."

She insisted, "You go first, then."

Doojoon shook his head, "No, you go first. I want to hear yours first. You're the one who brought it up anyways." 

"How about we say it together?" She suggested, "We'll just say it at the same time and we can just hear each other's. Whoever's is important will go first." 

He nodded, "Sounds like a plan."

"One..."

"Two..."

"Three..."

"I'm nervous about the wedding."

"I'm nervous about the wedding."

Their eyes both widened after listening to each other and a smile creeped on their faces.

"You're scared of the wedding?" She asked, "I didn't think guys would get nervous about a wedding."

"Hey, boys have feelings too. Besides, I was scared to tell you because you might want to end it or be too into it while I wasn't."

"Of course that isn't the case! I was nervous that you might feel like that!" 

They both laughed and stared at each other, "We're so dumb."

"I guess Jieun was right. I had to tell you honestly, or else we wouldn't have known."

"Jieun told you?" Doojoon laughed, "Let's say Junhyung told me to tell you, too."

She looked down in embarrassment, "This is awkward." 

Doojoon turned his body to face her completely, "I'm sorry. I know I should be the guy in this relationship and I should be the one leading you on with this wedding, but I'm so nervous too. I'm nervous I might say the wrong words or step on your dress, or even have my hair stick out of nowhere. I'm worried people will judge me if I stutter or if I can't walk down the aisle. I don't want my face super red when people are trying to take a picture and I come out super sweaty. I want this to be a beautiful wedding with you and I'm just nerouvs I'll mess our perfect day, especially you because you're a girl and the wedding for a girl is super important."

Doojoon put his head down, "I guess I'm just nervous I'll mess up on your big day."

She chuckled a little, "Doojoon, I was worried the same as you. I thought I would make the same mistakes that you said when I'm at the aisle and the altar as well." She grabbed his arm, "I was scared that you won't like me after this."

His eyes widened, "What are you talking about? I will never hate you! I'll always love you, that's a fact."

"Well, I guess I know you won't leave me." She teased.

Doojoon pulled her close, "I'm just scared I'll ruin the perfect day for the perfect girl in my life."

She held him close, "Same here. I want to be perfect for you." 

He kissed her forehead lightly, smiling after hearing those words, "Let's make a promise."

"What?"

"Let's go down the aisle and be nervous together. Whatever happens, happens. We'll make this day our day. It won't matter if we sweat a lot or our hair messes up. It won't matter if your dress rips or we trip and fall. It'll be our wedding and it'll be our way of celebrating. We'll be different, unique, and us." 

She laughed, "I agree on everything except the ripping dress. I rented the dress, I can't rip it."

Doojoon looked at her, "I guess I'll do everything I can not to step on that dress."

She nodded and hugged him close, "You know, I'm not that nervous anymore after talking to you."

He released her and looked at her, "Really?"

"Yeah, what about you?"

He tilted his head, "Kind of, now that you mentioned it. I guess we really needed to talk about it, huh?"

She nodded, "I think so. Communication is the key."

"Junhyung told me it was honesty and I'm sure Jieun said that too." Doojoon pointed out.

She laughed and flicked his nose gently, "She sure did."

`

"And do you, Doojoon take~~~~~ as your lawfully wedded wife?" 

Doojoon looked at her, "I do." 

Her heart was still beating and she was scared that she wouldn't be able to say the words, "I do."

"And do you, ~~~~~ take Doojoon as your lawfully wedded husband?" 

She looked around, having so many people staring at her.

She felt her hair coming down with the sweat and she was nervous about her dress.

As she tried to look for some help, Doojoon caught her eyes.

She looked as he mouthed the words, "I love you."

After seeing those words, she felt a huge burden be lifted off her shoulders as she breathed deeply, 

"I do."