Part 1

'cause I want to rock your body lalala lala

 

A tiny magenta-haired boy put back his eye-liner stick in his pencase and watched as their teacher, slightly desesperated, looked at her clasroom slowly turning into a battlefield. Most of the students didn't even notice her arrival, and one of them, his friend and seatmate, was still singing his heart out completely oblivious. Another one, who happened to be his best friend, was throwing half of his pens at them, being the mindless child he was. He snickered as she shook her head and let out a tiny, kind of frightening yell, finally getting all of their attention.

 

« Look, Jongdae, we all appreciate your talent, and Infinite's songs, but I think foreign literature class really isn't the right time to share it with us. »

 

Baekhyun has always liked Mrs Kim, or Taeyeon, as she liked to tell them to call her, but he liked her even more now that she shut Jongdae up. She was her one of their only female teacher, and they still didn't get how such a pretty woman had accepted to teach in an all boy school.

Most of them didn't complain, though, except maybe Baekhyun himself, who was intimately persuaded that she should have become an model instead, since she wouldn't be so bad with a bit of plastic surgery, and since she wasn't exactly a good teacher.

 

« Guys, let's leave foreign literature alone for a while today ok ? Since I'm your homeroom teacher, I have some great news to tell you about ! »

 

All of the boys cringed. It was common knowledge that Taeyeon's idea of « great news » was really different from theirs. Last time she came in the classroom this excited, they ended up having to act in a Snow White-based play, and Baekhyun was assigned to be one of the seven dwarfs. He laughed about it when someone reminded him, but he actually still wasn't over it. Jongin, Baekhyun's best friend, at the other side of the classroom, was the only one not traumatized by this experience, since he, God-knows-how, managed to get the Prince's rôle.

 

« So as you know, it's the end of 2013 soon right ? It was a good year wasn't it ? I know you're still happy to have me as your homeroom teacher ! »

 

A wave of laughter followed her sentence, making her pout. Baekhyun mentally noted that he was cuter than her. (She was alright though, to be honest.)

 

« Anyway. I talked with the director, and this year, the school will have a Christmas Ball, like in Hogwarts ! And you'll all have to come with a partner, otherwise it's no fun. You better ask soon, because you don't have much time, it's only in a month !  »

 

Most of the boys' faces were priceless. Some were surprised, some were enthusiastic, some were having a laughing fit, but most of them seemed pretty blasé.

 

« Miss, in case you forgot, we're in an all boy school, how could we have a ball by ourselves ?

- Well, my dear Jongin, I don't really see the problem ? Can't you just ask girls from the school near ours ? They're organizing it with us, actually... But just look at you guys, most of you are gayer than Jo Kwon why are you even complaining ? »

 

Taeyon muttered the last sentence through her teeth, Baekhyun barely able to catch all the words. He grinned. This ball thingy didn't seem too bad to him. Maybe it could be the occasion to get close to his long time crush. His eyes drifted towards a tall figure at the back of the classroom. The other boy seemed to be in a very animated conversation (or more like monologue) with his best friend, another tall, faced blonde. The eye-liner king, as his classmates called him, cringed. Jongdae, stopped laughing his off and followed his eyes.

 

« - Aaaw, still jealous of the chinese mafia guy ? He's hot now that I think about it. But I don't think he'll steal your oh-so-pretty Yeollie for the Christmas ball, don't you worry !»

 

Baekhyun sent him a killer glare. What did he do in his past life to deserve such friends ?

 

--- ∆∆∆ –-

 

This saturday afternoon Baekhyun, Jongdae, Jongin and Sehun, their childhood friend, were supposed to meet up at their favorite coffee shop, a small and cosy place, especially warm during winter close to both of their schools. However, when Baekhyun arrived, late, as usual, he found not only the 3 he was supposed to meet but also three other girls from Sehun school. He marked a dramatic pose, raised his delicate eyebrows and sent them a look of utter despair.

 

Alright. So I get why Kyungsoo and Tao are here. I mean Tao is Sehun's girlfriend and she's clingy as , sorry but that was the truth, Jongin wants to get into Kyungsoo's pants...” both of them blushed, sending their friend deathly glares “... But now, really, what the hell is Luhan doing here ?”

 

Baekhyun's diplomacy always was mostly inexistent, so his friends didn't mind too much. Luhan didn't seem to mind at all (but really, Luhan didn't seem to mind anything). She smiled at him, bbuing bbuing-ed out of nowhere and winked at him in less than ten seconds, before gesturing him to sit down.

 

I'm here to help your lame . You're never going to get Chanyeol to go to the christmas ball with you if you keep acting this way. It's been three months Baek, three bloody months !

 

- What. Wait. How do you even know about it ? oh my god, I should have stayed in bed, what the hell is going on here ?”

 

All of them sent him innocent looks (Kyungsoo's was the only one convincing though, since she probably had strictly no idea of who was Chanyeol and how he was related to Baekhyun.)

 

Look dude, I know you since kindergarten and I also know I have more balls than you do even though I'm a girl. You'll never even try to get him ! So we decided to meet up for an emergency assembly. And we invited Luhan because, well, yeah, she's an expert at getting people. I mean she probably had with everyone around this table except maybe for Jongin 'cause he's such an awkward .”

 

Jongin and Baekhyun sent Sehun a dirty look after her little speech.

 

... Wait. Even Kyungsoo ?”

 

Oh well. Baekhyun sighed. It was going to be a long afternoon.

 

I need an americano to get through this.”

 

Everyone continued chatting without minding the two boys' interventions. (Actually, nobody dared to answer Jongin's question, knowing that he probably wouldn't take it too well if they told him Luhan and his dear precious Kyungsoo had a little fling while being very drunk the year before.)

 

 

--- ∆∆∆ ---

 

 

Two weeks and dozens of headaches later, Baekhyun still hadn't had the “balls”, as Sehun elegantly said, to go and ask Chanyeol to go the ball with him. He still hadn't had the ball to even talk to Chanyeol, to be honest. That tall, not that handsome, too loud and weird guy, which was exactly all that Baekhyun hated, made him go crazy. He didn't know why exactly, but when he was in front of him all he could do was gawk and stand there blushing awkwardly. His friend, Kris, didn't help either. He always walked around as if he was a greek god or something, and his voice freaked him out. It was better when he was with Minseok, a cute tiny girl (even shorter than himself, oh victory), a bit tomboyish with her short hair, baskets and caps, even with her very feminine uniform. Baekhyun was still intimately persuaded that she had a not-so-tiny crush on Luhan, even though she pretended to be straight, but that was another story.

He really was a major loser because, apparently, even Jongin succeeded in his task. Or so it seemed when he came skipping and screaming inside Baekhyun's room while he was innocently trying to watch a fancam from Infinite's concert in Paris. (Baekhyun's parents didn't even try to understand what the hell was going on inside Jongin's brain anymore, they just let him be.)

 

BAEK BAEK BAEK.

- I'm your hyung you dumb kid.

- WHO CARES OH MY GOD. BAEK. I DID IT.

What did you do again ?

- THIS. I DID THIS. ”

 

Jongin waved triumphantly a packing while smiling like a erted old man. Baekhyun cringed, then sighed.

 

You're disgusting.

- What ?

- You're currently showing me the packing of the you used to Kyungsoo. That's disgusting.

- I didn't her you , I made love to her !”

 

Baekhyun let out a second sigh and went back to his video, leaving Jongin still dancing and singing around his room, even sometimes kissing the cherished object in his hand.

 

Why am I not friend with Woohyun instead ? Why ? I bet he wouldn't do something like that.”

 

Sehun entered the room as if it was hers. She looked at them as if she was tired of taking care of a bunch of kids.

 

Why is everyone coming in there as if it wasn't MY ING PERSONNAL SPACE ?”

 

Both of them completely ignored him. Sehun installed herself on his bed (without even taking off her salmon creepers) and Jongin continued his victory dance or whatever it was supposed to be.

 

So Jongin. You finally ed Kyungsoo right ? Not too soon, I was getting tired of hearing her complain about your lack of move.”

 

Both Jongin and Baekhyun glared at her.

 

Now. Tell me all about it. How is she in bed ? I bet she's a freaking tigress.”

 

 

--- ∆∆∆ ---

 

Baekhyun had no idea of what the hell he was doing here. In a cupboard. Alone. With Chanyeol. Luhan really was an evil . He understood how she got everything and everyone she wanted though. Her mind created the most unexpected tricks. Like, who the hell locked their friends up inside a tiny little dark space so they can “talk to each other for a while” ? That's right. No one. Except maybe for crazy s in american movies.

He let out a sad chuckle. He was so screwed. Chanyeol was going to think he had something to do with this, that he asked Luhan to lock them up so he could... he could...

Just so you know, I have nothing to do with this. Luhan is just having her fun, I'm sorry.” a deep voice surprised him in his thoughts. His eyes opened wide. What the hell now, was Luhan friend with Chanyeol too ? Why didn't she tell him anything ?

 

Ah, of course... I didn't even think about it. Hum. But. I don't have anything to do with it either. Just saying.”

 

Baekhyun knew Chanyeol sent him a weird look. He just knew it. He couldn't see it, because it was too dark, but he could feel it.

 

You're cute.”

 

What. What. What. What the was happening ?

 

Ah. Thank you. I guess ?”

 

An awkward pause happened after this exchange. Baekhyun wondered if one of his friends put a drug in Chanyeol's drink during lunch.

 

Hum. So. You're friend with Luhan ? I didn't know you guys knew each other that well.

- Well, I've known her for a while now. She's Minnie's childhood friend. And I think she decided that she was my personnal manager or something. Since I'm such a “awkward and useless giant” you see ?”

 

Awkward and useless giant was totally a Luhan thing to say indeed. It was also something he, himself, could have said. If it wasn't about Chanyeol. Because Chanyeol was perfection, it was common knowledge really. He laughed. Another silence followed. Baek wanted to think of something to say, to shine in the eyes of his oh-so-charming prince but his brain didn't seem to cooperate.

 

I'm sorry. You're probably not into guys and Luhan probably just did all this to make fun of me and turn my life into misery like she always does, but would you go to the christmas ball ? With me ? 'cause I want to rock your body lalalalala ?”

 

Oh. Dear. Lord. His crush just sang him Troublemaker's Attention to ask him to the Christmas Ball.

Someone had definitely put something in his drink.

Baekhyun choked.