The tale of the candy bar. [one shot]

The tale of the candy bar. [oneshot]

“YAH,stop it!” Heechul screamed.

“Hyung, it wasn’t my fault. He started it.” Donghae said, pointing at Eunhyuk.

“No,I certainly did not” Eunhyuk shouted. “You were the one…”

“I said stop it” Heechul hissed. “Can’t both of you behave like grown men? It’s freaking 3 in the morning and you guys are fighting over a candy bar. Saesangae”

“We were hungry and supposed to share the candy bar but he ate ALL of it.” Donghae complained, pouting.

“It’s your fault; you weren’t fast enough to grab it from me.” Eunhyuk said, trying to look innocent.

Heechul stared unbelievably at them. He was completely lost for words. His dongsaengs are driving him crazy.

“You guys do realize that was MY bar of candy you ate.” a voice said from behind.

All three of them turned and saw Hankyung standing at the door, flashing his million dollar smile.

Shaking his head, he walked towards Eunhyuk, who was stoned and took the wrapper from his hand. He straightened the crumpled wrapper and held it up for the three of them to see. Hankyung oppa,saranghae!,was written across the wrapper.

“You punks! You were stealing and had the guts to argue over it? Go to bed. Another word from you two and you’re dead. Arraseo?”  Heechul warned.

Both of them nodded and looked at Hankyung apologetically.

All Hankyung could do was laugh.


The next morning, Donghae was rummaging the refrigerator for breakfast when Eunhyuk walked into the kitchen. “Good morning!” he said cheerfully.

Donghae gave him a dirty look.

“Please tell me you’re not sulking over yesterday” Eunhyuk pleaded.

Without saying a word, Donghae walked off.


At the dining table, Heechul was with Shindong eating his breakfast. Donghae stormed in and set his coffee mug down with a thud.

Shindong, who had no idea about the incident the night before, asked what was wrong.

But his was question was answered with a heavy sigh.

“He fought with his ‘husband’ over a candy bar. Wait, let me rephrase that. He fought with his “husband” over a candy bar they STOLE.” Heechul said with a smirk.

 “Hyung!” Donghae cried out.

“Seriously? You didn’t take mine, did you?” Shindong asked.

Donghae sighed again.

“Yah,you didn’t. Did you? Shindong asked again.

“It was Hankyung hyung’s” Donghae answered.

“Someone mentioned my name?” Hankyung asked as he walked into the room. His hair was still wet from the shower he took.

Donghae immediately hung his head down and said, “Hyung, sorry for stealing…” but his apology was cut off by Hankyung’s laugh.

“It was only a candy bar. You don’t need to get so apologetic.” Hankyung said, as he ruffled Donghae’s hair.

Donghae smiled for the first time that day and realized that he shouldn’t have reacted the way he did towards the matter. He felt guilty for being angry at Eunhyuk. He grabbed his coffee and went to his room.

“But hyung, how come he didn’t say no when you said that Eunhyukkie is his husband?” Shindong asked Heechul, looking puzzled.

“Are they really dating or something?” he asked

Heechul raised his eyebrows to Shindong, moved his gaze to Hankyung and gave him an impish smile.


“Hyung, you think Donghae is really angry with me?” Eunhyuk asked Hankyung as they were practicing dance moves for their upcoming dance battle.

Hankyung stopped dancing and looked at Eunhyuk. “You know him better than any of us. He’s a grown man with heart of a child.” Eunhyuk grinned at Hankyung’s comment. “He’s extremely adorable, isn’t he?” Hankyung asked, smiling.

He and Donghae were very close Eunhyuk thought. And yes, whatever Hankyung said was true. And he knew exactly what to do to please Donghae.

“Hyung, make sure you don’t praise Donghae when you are with Heechul hyung. He’ll be jealous then.” Eunhyuk said, with a big smile.

“Myeolchi, stop worrying about me and Heechul and find a way to console your ‘husband’ ” Hankyung said, throwing a towel soaked with sweat at Eunhyuk.

“Hyung, I’m the husband!” Eunhyuk exclaimed, pulling the towel off his head.


Donghae was done with his schedule and headed to SM’s practice room. He was missing Eunhyuk’s company but he couldn’t bring himself to call or send a text message to him. He was embarrassed. Sulking over a candy bar? How could I have acted so childishly? He asked himself.

“Hyung, where is Eunhyuk now?” He asked his manager.

“Should be in the practice room.” His manager answered.

The thought of meeting Eunhyuk brought slight discomfort. But he was determined to apologize.

He saw no one as he entered the practice room.

“Maybe they went out for a break” his manager assumed. “I have something else to do. You wait here, okay?” His manager added.

Donghae nodded.

He walked around the room and spotted Eunhyuk’s bag. He’ll be back soon, Donghae thought.

The room door opened suddenly and Eunhyuk walked in. There was an awkward moment of silence.

Eunhyuk walked towards Donghae and gave a big gummy smile.

He held out a gift bag. “For you” he uttered.

Donghae hesitatingly accepted it. “Thank you” he said.

“Hyung,I’m sorry.” Donghae apologized before Eunhyuk could open his mouth to do same.

“What?Why? I am the one who’s at fault” Eunhyuk said.

“It was a small matter, but I blew it up in to a big one by acting so petty. Sorry hyung.” Donghae explained.

“I’m sorry too. I should have understood you better. You know I can be a jerk sometimes.” Eunhyuk said jokingly.

“Yeah,I know” Donghae answered.

“YAH!” Eunhyuk roared.

But as Dongahe started laughing, he couldn”t help but to laugh along.


“You haven’t open my present yet” Enhyuk said.

“Oh,yeah” Donghae said and peeped into the gift bag.

“Hyung, it’s really rare for you to buy present for anyone. I feel so special.” Donghae said,beaming.

Eunhyuk was contented to see Donghae’s elation.

“Wah!My favorite desserts. Hyung,THANK YOU!” Donghae screeched. “But, aren’t these expensive?” he asked.

“Of course they are. Consider these as your early birthday present.” Eunhyuk said.

Donghae pouted.

“Yah,stop pouting and start eating before it melts.” Eunhyuk said as he handed a fork to Donghae.

“Ok..ok..but hyung I’m really sorry . I’ll try to change myself in future.” Donghae said as he stuffed a mouth full of dessert.

“There’s absolutely no need for you to change yourself for any reason. You’re perfect the way you are. Acting the way you did is what makes you so adorable. And that’s the reason I love you. That’s the reason we all love you” Eunhyuk said, pinching Dongahe’s cheek.

Out of the blue they heard Heechul’s voice saying, “Looks like our EunHae couple made up.”

It was followed by Hankyung signature laughter. They both walked out of the locker room.

“Hyung! How long have you two been in there?” Donghae muffled, nearly chocking.

“Since before you came” Heechul answered, with his tongue in his cheek.

“I’m glad both of you are back to normal.” Hankyung said with relief.

Eunhyuk gave Hankyung a thankful smile.

Dongahe blushed with embarrassment..

“Hankyung-ssi, if we fought will you by me desserts too?” Heechul asked hopefully, battling his eyelashes.

“Of course I won’t.” Hankyung answered. Heechul glowered at him.

“I will make Beijing fried rice for you” Hankyung added, smiling assuredly.