Moving

In Her Eyes

Yoo Jung sighed as she carried her books back to her apartment building. She had a tiring day at school and her head felt hot and her legs were getting wobbly as she unlocked the door and walked in. She took off her converses and saw a familiar figure sitting on their small couch. Knowing that it was her tired father.m

"Appa, you should sleep on the bed, not on the couch. Why are you back so early?" Yoo Jung questioned. She knew there was a special reason her father was home early because he would normally come back home at around 3am from work. 

Her father looks tired and sat up straight.

"I have some bad news, and some good news."replied her father. "We're moving back to Seoul!"

Yoo Jung's face dropped. She hated moving. She wasn't some bratty girl that complained often, it's just that moving wasn't easy, especially adapting to a new school. This was the fifth time since that incident.  She sighed and silently walked to her room and put down her books and laid on the bed. She thought about Seoul, her hometown, where she used to have a mother and two younger brothers.  She looked at her pile of books on the floor. Remembering the past hurt and a  tear managed to  slip out of her eyes. She quickly brushed it away and tried to think of something more positive.

The world was a cruel one. *I'll work harder this time for father. I don't want him to stress this time.*

Yoo Jung grabbed a box from the living room that her father had prepared and silently started to pack her stuff in her room. She didn't have much since she moved around often. She let out a discontent sigh as she moved around and gathered her stuff.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

A few days later, Yoo Jung stepped out of the train after her father. She carried the bags and walked behind him, observing Seoul. She found the city to look happy, but her history behind it made everything seem gloomy. A group of teenage girls walked passed Yoo Jung, talking on their phones and holding shopping bags. Yoo Jung let out a heavy sigh and continued to walk on. *They must have a nice family* she thought. Her thoughts were interrupted when her father stopped. He was holding a map and was searching for their new apartment. He furrowed his brows before he called a taxi.

The taxi took them to their new apartment after Yoo Jung's father gave the taxi driver their address. They walked to the front of their apartment and her father held out a pair of keys.

" These will be yours." smiled her father.

"One is going to be for you and the other for me." said herfather as he walked up to the apartment building and unlocked th door.

Yoo Jung walked in, observing the new place. It was certainly better then before. She noticed that the previous owner had left furniture which made apartment more home-like. She helped her father carry his bags and put them in the room. 

The mood was getting good when her father suddenly broke it.

"You know, you're going to have to go to a new school, right?" asked her father.

"Yes, I know." replied Yoo Jung quietly. She hated school. Everybody would usually hate on her because she was smart and managed to skip a grade. She looked out the window and saw a beautiful view of Seoul with the city lights on. She let out another sigh and walked back to the new living room.

"I'm going to go to the convenience store and buy some groceries so we can have a proper dinner here. I saw one on my way here and I kind of want to go exploring."

Yoo Jung walked out and walked to the convenience store. She brought a few vegetables and later arrived home. She walked in and saw that her Dad had set up everything already. They didn't have much anyway so she grabbed the pot and started to cook.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

She sat on the bed in her pajamas and tried to fall asleep after a satisfied meal. A lot had happened today, and she wasn't quite ready for a new school. She was getting used to the hard bed, since they weren't done unpacking yet. She had trouble falling asleep , but managed to sleep later, and woke up the next morning. She rubbed her eyes groggily and sat up. She ped her luggage in search of the toothpaste she brought with her. She washed her face, brushed her teeth, and changed out of her pajamas, her daily routine. Yoo Jung decided skipped breakfast since she was too lazy to prepare one.

Her father had already left the house and gone to his new job. She walked outside and locked the apartment doors, with the new pair of keys in her hands. She let out a discontent sigh and adjusted her backpack. Yoo Jung looked at her paper where her father had scribbled the address to her new school. She walked slowly at first, knowing that the day was going to drag on.

She soon arrived and realized it was too late to turn back. She looked at the entrance to the highschool: Eastern High. She walked up the steps and looked up. Eastern Seoul high huh? She walked up some more steps. The entrance was rather pretty for a highschool.

She entered the principal's office where she got her class schedule. Period 1: Language Arts. She headed to the room number on the paper and entered the classroom slowly. 

"Kim Yoo Jung?" asked a tall lady. Yoo Jung was startled by the sudden voice. Yoo Jung noticed her name tag read : Ms. Kyung.

"Welcome to Eastern High."

Ms. Kyung led Yoo Jung to the office where she received her schedule with class details.Home room: 2-A. She walked into the homeroom.

"Class, settle down please! We have a new student. Please introduce yourself." said the homeroom teacher merrily. A lot of the girls looked at Yoo Jung and glared.