New School, New Life?

In Her Eyes

Yoo Jung noticed the mean glares she was receiving from the girls in her class. What had she done? She let out a heavy sigh before she turned to the class before her and introduced herself. 

"Erm, hi, I'm Kim Yoo Jung. I'm socially awkward so please avoid a conversation with me." she said in a small voice. Some of the girls were laughing in the back but Yoo Jung felt like it was normal.

Yoo Jung let her eyes fall to the back and saw someone in the back that caught her attention.  His eyes were looking into hers, perfectly for Yoo Jung to stare right back. He looked at her and then looked out the window. Perfection. Yoo Jung blinked. Did she just think that? She shook that idea out of  her head.

"Yoo Jung, you'll be assigned to sit in the back next to Luhan." said the teacher.

Was this really happening? She sighed as she walked to the empty seat. She noticed that lots of girls were glaring at her with jealousy as she sat down. She rolled her eyes and took out her books and listened to the lesson while she took notes. Yoo Jung  wasn't feeling at all nervous since she had to go through this five times before. 

The bell rang, and Yoo Jung quickly shot out of her seat and walked , accidentally bumping to a girl, and all her books dropped. Yoo Jung swore in her head and cursed mentally,  Luhan stared quietly, observing what she would do next. Yoo Jung quickly apologized and picked up her books. 

"Oh,it's the newbie. Welcome to the school," the girl smirked and kicked her, making Yoo Jung drop all her books again. Yoo Jung just sighed, picked up her books again and  tried to walk away. 

"What, you're not going to introduce yourself? Well, since I'll be nice, I'm Miyoung." she gave Yoo Jung a smirk and pushed her down. "That's what you get for bumping into me. You can move now." said Miyoung in her high pitched nasal tone.

Luhan watched from the side expecting her to be just like other girls: cowards. In his view point, he thought girls couldn't do anything themselves. They were practically useless. He sighed, and started to walk to the door.

"No." replied Yoo Jung calmly,"I'm sorry, I don't care who you are, but I will not move until you give me a sincere apology. I'm not a scumbag you can throw around, so no."  Miyoung gave a menacing glare at scoffed. 

"How dare you. Your the newbie, I'm the princess of this school. You can't tell me what to do!" replied Miyoung, as she kicked Yoo Jung. Yoo Jung got a fresh bruise on her face, but tried to hide the pain. She stood up, picked up her books, and glared at Miyoung.

She had gathered a lot of attention not just from her class, but from other students in the hallway. They were all shocked that someone had stood up to Miyoung. The one that was especially shocked was Luhan. He thought that she would be a coward, just like the rest of them, and obey Miyoung's wishes. He stared at Yoo Jung, and suddenly grabbed her wrist without thinking. Luhan dragged her out of the classroom and ignored her cry to let go. Miyoung looked even more pissed and was now fuming.

Luhan had took her to an empty classroom. He stared at her and she stared back. 

"Um, did you want something?" Yoo Jung glared. She was upset that some random guy just grabbed her without permission.

"You're brave, I admire that." said Luhan bluntly. He blinked a few times, realizing that he just spoke his mind without really thinking.

Yoo Jung gave a confused look. "Oh, um, thanks. Good to know I guess." Yoo Jung sighed, got up, and left the classroom. 

Yoo Jung was confused, If he wanted to give her a compliment, why not say it in front of everyone else? It'll be better to start off the new school with a friend at least.

As Yoo Jung walked out, Luhan thought to himself. *She's interesting* thought Luhan.

Yoo Jung walked out the door and noticed a small crowd in front of her. She rolled her eyes, thinking she had no time for this nonsense, and continued on. 

However, luck didn't seem to be on her side.  A group of girls were already whispering gossip about the new girl. And, Ms. kyung happened to witness the incident in the classroom.

"Kim Yoo Jung, please follow me." said Ms. Kyung sternly.  Yoo Jung looked surprised. What had she done?

Yoo Jung followed silently, and noticed some of the girls glaring at her. She rolled her eyes and followed  Ms. Kyung  down the hallway and into her office. 

She noticed another figure sitting in front of the desk.

"Yoo Jung, please have a seat next to Oh Sehun here." Ms. kyung waved Yoo Jung to the seat next to Sehun.

Yoo Jumg looked at Sehun and looked into his eyes before she sat down. She blinked a few times because she couldn't read his eyes. *Wait, Why can't i read his eyes?* She was confused because this has never happened. Those mysterious brown orbs seemed to hold a past of sadness, but Yoo Jung was getting scared. *Is this even possible?* She blinked a little more and turned to face Ms. Kyung. She was so used to reading peoples's eyes that it was second nature. It was like one of her five senses but instead had six.

Ms. Kyung's voice suddenly broke her away from that thought.

"Sehun, since you are part of the ASB of our school, I would like you to show Yoo Jung the school. Please make sure she gets used to our school quickly." said Ms. Kyung.

Sehun gave a polite nod and got up. Yoo Jung stood up as well and followed Sehun out of the office. 

"Sehun, you don't have to show me around, I already know the school well but thank you." said Yoo Jung emotionlessly.

"Well, at least let me get to know you better. I'll feel guilty if  I didn't make you comfortable on your first day." said Sehun joyfully.

Yoo Jung didn't want some jolly kid following her around the rest of the school day. "No thank you, I'm fine." Yoo Jung said quickly and walked away, leaving a dumbfounded Sehun.

*Gosh, I was just trying to be nice to her. Why's she so mean?* Sehun wondered. He walked to the other ASB members and started talking. Inside, Sehun wasn't the joyous person he was on the outside. He had a hard past, but he tried to get rid of those thoughts and always tried to think positively, thinking that his world was still full of hope. 

Yoo Jung sighed as she walked back to homeroom. She sat in her desk and pulled out her notebook, and looked through the day's notes. Luhan noticed that she had entered, and kept staring at her, thinking that she was interesting. She had a cold exterior, but something made him think that she was weak.