The Curiosity..

Don't Fall In Love With A Curious One
 
Don't fall in love with a curious one. They will want to know who you are, where you come from, what you do and what your family is like. They will look through your old photographs and read all your personal essays that no one had a clue you wrote. They will come over to your parents' place for dinner and they will talk with your mother about how their curiosity has taught them many things about you and they will try to learn more from her. Catch any bit of information that might let them know more.
 
They will ask you to rant when you're pissed about everything and anything. They will ask you to cry when you're hurt, doesn't matter how small or big the pain is, doesn't matter if it's physical or emotional. They will ask you what your raised eyebrow meant, what that small pause held and what your blush hid behind. They will want to know your favourite food, your favourite colour, your favourite phrase and even the brand you are fond of. They will always ask 'why'.
 
They will buy that video game you had fantasized before, pay close attention to the band you lovejust in case there's a gig near by. They will get you the cosy sweater you smiled at once. They will force themselves to learn how to cook your favourite meals and they will surprise you every now and then bringing you the season coffee you secretly enjoy.
 
 
"Comfort Food? Really?"
 
It might have been the fact that a surprised and unknown voice cracked unceremoniously into the quite silent background or the fact that said voice had pronounced his book's title out loud, but SungGyu found his cheeks getting warmer and his eyes opening as wide as their small area could let them. Jumping from the yellowish pages, his gaze got set on a not so familiar face.
 
It was a guy he had seen a few times beforemainly down the halls early in the morning or in the cafeteria. He had never crossed a word with this student. Heck, he didn't even know if they were in the same grade. 
 
There was a crooked smile that was meticulously carved in his lips. Contrary to that friendly gesture, his eyes glowed with something that made SungGyu feel uneasy, self-conscious. He tried to ignore it, usually he felt that way when confronting first meetings or quick chats with strangers. It wasn't easy for him.
 
"I saw you reading so intently I just had to know what was the book's title." 
 
The intruder's supposedly apologetic expression was kind of awkward if you added the playful chuckle between his words and the fact that he was bouncing a basketball he had between hands. 
 
"I never expected to see a guy reading that."
 
Another chuckle came and SungGyu was sure this guy was laughing at him, so he narrowed his eyes. 
 
"Well, sorry for not being reading something along Catch 22."
 
SungGyu had nothing against Hellerhe actually liked the author's writing stylebut he wasn't pleased with the guy's rude comment. SungGyu's father had spent several years of his life teaching him the fine line between politeness and stupidity.
 
"Hey, I didn't say it was wrong for a dude to read that," the guy made a hand gesture towards the book SungGyu was holding before shrugging. He was acting so relaxed and harmless still, SungGyu kept his glare. "It's surprising, yeah, but in a good way. It's cool."
 
Okay, maybe his glare did soften at the last words but that didn't mean SungGyu was having the nicest first impression of this guy who had - out of nowhere - disturbed his peaceful reading.
 
"If you say so." 
 
As on cue, some shouts were heard making them both turn to the basket court where some guys were waving at them, well, at the guy. SungGyu had no idea who they were. 
 
Taking that as the epilogue to their awkward and short talk, SungGyu turned back to his lecture but just as he was getting into the mood, the voice came again to disturb him.
 
"How come you can read it with such straight face?"
 
Mentally, SungGyu facepalmed himself. Wasn't the guy in the middle of playing basketball? Did he just threw them the ball? Why was he still there asking such questions? And such imprudent questions to begin with.
 
A glare went to the innocent book before SungGyu lifted his gaze. Unlike his displeased expression, the youngerthe green stripe in his twisted collar proved he was a sophomorestudent held a calm one in his features. Were all the kids his age that dense? 
 
"This isn't some Fifty Shades Of Gray thing," SungGyu closed his book. His words came slow for he was trying his best to not use his colorful vocabulary. "This actually has some deep psychological that is interesting."
 
Okay, he tried.
 
"Oh... are you aiming to study psychology or something along those lines?" 
 
Amusement was written all over the sophomore's face, where the boyish grin had appeared once again.
 
"Hum, yeah?" SungGyu felt like screaming. It seemed they kid only listened what called his attention. And why did he amswer him?
 
"That must mean you have a pretty 'grayish' past, right? They say psychologist all do."
 
The ?
 
"The ?" 
 
So what if he hador if he didn't? That was personal. That wasn't something someone goes and discuses with the first person they see around school. It should be this sophomore the one having a 'grayish' past, noticing he had no common sense. Not even five minutes had passed and he had already asked a long list of blunt questions instead of going back to play basketball with the others. 
 
SungGyu wasn't going to stay there to keep being questioned like a person that had committed a crime. So he shoved his book into his backpack and rose from the bench he had been sitting on. Too much for his lunch time.
 
"Hey, wait! Hyung! Sorry, I'm sorry!" The guy shamelessly cornered SungGyu between the bench and his body. This time a splash of guilt bathed his words. "I didn't mean it in a bad way, HyungI can call you 'Hyung', right? Believe me. I was just curious."
 
His shoulders were tensed but their eye contact, instead of fueling his displease for the stranger, made SungGyu slowly relax. Apart from the strange glow, there was something written behind his orbs. Sincerity. The anger was dissolving like sugar in water but his guard was still up. Somehow this young male reminded him of his little nephew who tended to ask or the most awkward and ingenuous questions he had ever heard. Now that he paid closer attention, there was no trace of malice in this sophomore's face. 
 
"Is it a hobby of yours to make such awkward questions?" SungGyu asked carefully after a while. The younger student gave a step backwards. Once again, the crooked grin appeared and he found himself feeling empathy for the weird kid. 
 
"My mother says I never grew out of the 'why?' stage."
 
SungGyu fought back a rebellious smile. 
 
"I'm WooHyun," the guy presented himself with a sheepish smile, as he extended straight his arm.
 
"What's your name, Hyung?"