Final

Beautiful Restriction

A women walked gracefully, letting her brown hair blows by the cool breeze. Summer has ended, and the weather started to be cooler. To prevent the cool breeze reached her beautiful porcelain white skin, she wore a white long-sleeved dress shirt and a pastel pink sweater, along with knee-length pastel purple skirt, and brown boots. Three or four books wrapped around her hands. She continued walking alone until she sees a park. She walked inside the park and searched for a bench, but if she cannot find it, sitting on grass was fine for her. After a few minutes searched for a bench, she found one, near some trees, and she can see a pond from here.

"Oh, what a great place! I will come back here often," She mumbled to herself.

She sat on the brown bench, and read one of the books that she carried before. The Lottie Project was the title of the book that she was reading now. She love child novels more than romance, teen novels. Jacqueline Wilson was her favorite writer.

After finished a book, she felt quite hungry. She decided to buy a bread for her lunch today. She put her books into her brown bag and walked to the nearest bakery.

“Welcome to Sunshine Bakery! May I help you?”

“U-um, may I have a sandwich please?”

“Alright. Any other?”

“A-and a baguette please…”

“Here you go, thank you and have a good day ahead!”

The brown-haired girl only smiled and took what she ordered. She trailed her steps back to the park. This time, she did not sit on the bench, but on the grass, near the pond.

The pond’s water was so clear, she can see the goldfishes and plants from the surface. There were ducks and ducklings too. She saw eight ducklings following their mom.

“Aaw, adorable little things~” She giggled.

She took out baguette bread that she bought earlier and pointed it to the ducks. The ducks ran happily toward her and started to eat. At first, only a few ducks and ducklings around her, but suddenly, a lot of other ducks ran toward her. She was being surrounded by the ducks.

“U-uh, c-calm down, d-ducky duckies.” She struggled.

The ducks quickly finished their food and got back to the water. Her clothes became dirty because of the ducks. She stood up and dusted her clothes. Her stomach growled,

‘Uh-oh, I have not eat my sandwich yet…’ She thought to herself. She sat again and took out her sandwich from the plastic bag. The ducks were staring at her and starting to walk toward her again.

“Ducky no! This is not your foo-“ Before she could finish her words, ducks already surrounded her again.

She tried to get away from them and ran, but the ducks followed her. She ran around the pond, but accidentally slipped and fell to the pond. Fortunately, the pond was not so deep, so she was okay, but her clothes were wet and her sandwich was being eaten by the ducks.

‘That was so embarrassing… Thank God, no one is here now.’ She said in her mind.

 

“Are you okay, Miss?”

She looked to the source of the voice, and she surprised, because the guy's face was so close with her face. She stood up and bowed to the guy, “I-I am okay, t-thank you for asking.” And she ran away from him.

 

 

“Stupid stupid stupid. That was very embarrassing.” She smacked her own head a few times.

She touched her wet sweater and peeked the books inside her bag. “My clothes and books are wet... Mom would be mad at me.” She sighed deeply. She walked slowly to her house, hoping that her parents will not be there.

 

“I'm home.” She said weakly. Her mother is standing in front of the door, seeing her daughter all wet. She scanned her daughter from head to toe.

“What did you do earlier.” She stared to her daughter.

“I was giving foo-“

“Where?”

“In the park…”

“Didn’t you remember that I hate dirty things?”

“Yes, I did remember, Mom.”

“And why didn’t you study?”

“I didn’t wa- I will study now.”

“And wash your clothes by yourself.”

“I get it, Mom.”

She bowed to her mother and walked to the stairs. She looked to the stairs and sighed. She quickly stepped the stairs and went to her room, locked it.

 

Blue t-shirt and white skirt wrapped her petite body. She hopped to her bed and lied comfortably. Suddenly, she remembered her things-to-do.

“I haven’t study and wash my clothes. My books are still in my bag too…”

She got up and messed her hair. She tied it into a bun and did all of her things-to-do.

 

 

The next day, she wanted to go that park again. She tied her hair into a bun, wore flower pattern dark blue blouse with yellow miniskirt and yellow socks. She also brought white handbag and her iPod.

Soundlessly and quickly, she climbed down the stairs, hoped her parents --- specially her mother --- will not wake up because of her. She took her dark blue sneakers and went out from her house.

For today, she only wanted to breathe fresh air and listen to music. That is why she only brought her iPod.

She went to that park again, and it was still the same, the brown bench, the shady trees, the memorable pond, the fresh grass, all of it.

She sat on the same bench, but she will not sit on the grass near the pond anymore. She took  her earphone and plucked it to her iPod. She clicked a random song and put the earphone on her ear. She closed her eyes, listen to the lyrics word by word, and inhaled the fresh air.

 

She felt a presence of someone, so she opened her eyes and looked to her right. She gasped when she recognize that guy. That guy was the one who saw her falling into the pond.

“Y-y-you?” She stuttered.

“We met again Miss,” The guy said. She quickly grabbed her bag and was going to go, but he held her wrist.

“Don’t go. I felt that you’re interesting.” He looked to her eyes and their eyes met.

She blushed and slowly sat on the edge of the bench. He chuckled and pulled her closer to him.

“What’s your name?” He asked.

“S-Sunny…” She said, more likely whispered.

“What? I can’t hear you,” He moved his head near her face. Her face was as red as a tomato.

“S-Sunny…”

“Aah Sunny, what a great name~” He smiled.

She intertwined her fingers and asked him, “H-how about y-you? W-what’s y-your name?”

He grinned because she asked his name. “I’m Yongguk.”

“I-I see…”

Yongguk wrapped his hand around her shoulder and looked to the clear blue sky. The brown leaves fell down to the ground.

“I’m glad to see you again here. I thought if I went here today, I will meet you again.”

“W-why would y-you want to m-meet me?”

Yongguk chuckled, “Stop stuttering, just consider me as your friend.” He ruffled her hair softly.

“O-okay…”

“You’re still stuttering.”

“I’m t-trying!”

Deng! Try again. Say my name without stuttering.”

“Y-Yongguk…”

“Try again.”

“Y-Yongguk,”

“Is it that hard to say my name without stuttering?”

“Yongguk…” She finally could said his name without stuttering.

“I know you can do it~” He moved his hand from her shoulder and pinched both of her cheeks.

“M-my cheeks,” She said. Yongguk released his hands from her chubby cheeks.

“Sorry~”

She rubbed her cheeks, “It hurts.”

Yongguk moved her hands from her cheeks, and rubbed her cheeks. “Is it that hurt?”

“A-ah n-no,” Sunny blushed again.

She removed his hands from her cheeks. “I have to go now, b-bye!” She said and stood up. She walked fastly.

“Wait!” Yongguk shouted. Sunny stopped walking and turned around.

“We can see each other again right?” Yongguk said while running to her.

Sunny smiled and nodded.

“From now on, let’s see each other everyday, here. Promise?” He showed his pinkie finger.

“Promise.”

 

 

The next day, Sunny was going to the park happily. She tied her hair into pigtails and wore a blue hairclip, blue blouse, red mini skirt, and gray sneakers. The weather was starting to be colder, so she also wore long blue scarf.

It was the first time Sunny had a guy friend. She did not even has many friends before, because she was a really shy and timid person. She is beautiful and clever too, so a lot of girls envied her, and did not want to be friend with her. That is why she was very happy to know Yongguk, even when she hated the fact that Yongguk saw her embarrassing past.

She went to her favorite bench, and found a guy already sat there earlier than her. She physically and mentally smiled, and walked closer to the guy.

She sat and greeted the boy, “Hello~” and waved her hand in front of his face. The boy chuckled and replied her greeting,

“Hello too,”

Sunny took out her iPod and headset, plucked the headset to her iPod, and put the headset on her right ear only. She clicked shuffle song then held the other headset and offered it to Yongguk. “Want to listen it with me?”

Yongguk took it, “Sure,” He said.

They both listened to a song, but Yongguk was surprised.

“Do you like rap music?” He asked, since the song was a rap song, and not so many people knew this song. The song was Awful Boy by an underground rapper, M-Zero.

“O-oh? Not really…” Sunny clicked next button on her iPod and the song changed. But still, it was a rap song too. The song was Aqua Man by an underground rapper too, Beenzino.

Yongguk laughed, “You do really like rap song, right?”

‘I have pretty many non rap songs here, why did it only the rap ones was played?’ Sunny thought.

She felt embarrassed again, but she nodded. “Y-yes, I do.”

Yongguk laughed again and ruffled her hair, “It’s not a bad thing~ I want to be a rapper.”

Sunny looked at his face, dumbfounded. “R-really?! That’s a great dream!”

“Not really~” He rubbed his nape.

“Could you do some rap for me?” Sunny looked at him hopefully.

“That would be too embarra-”

Sunny cut him, “Pleasee? For mee?” She used her cutest charm, and Yongguk lost.

“Alright alright,” He said to her, and rehearsed his voice. Then he rapped a freestyle rap.

Sunny’s mouth was o-shaped, and she was clapping continuously. “Woaaah, that’s cool!” Sunny’s eyes were twinkling.

Yongguk reflexively blushed when he saw her clapping cutely. “A-ah, it was nothing.”

“No! it was great!” Sunny insisted.

The tall guy just smiled and placed his palm on the bench. Slowly, his hand moved to the petite girl’s hand, but when he was about to hold her hand, Sunny’s phone was ringing. He just can felt regret and unhappy. ‘I should have hold her hand earlier.’

Uuh~ I gotta call you right now! Hello hello moshi moshi ciao cia-” Sunny picked up her phone call. It was for her mother.

“Hello, Mom.” She started the phone call.

“Where are you now?”

“I am at the park near Sunshine Bakery.”

“Go to home now.”

“W-what? W-why Mom?”

“I want to go somewhere, but I can’t leave the dogs alone here. They could make my house untidy. You better watch them than go to that park.”

“I get it, Mom. I will get back to home as soon as possible.” Then her mom disconnected the call.

She put all of her things in her bag, and talked to Yongguk, “I have to go now, see you tomorrow,”

“Alright then.” He only smiled, but he did not want her to go.

Sunny waved goodbye to him, and he waved back to her.

“Oh, wait!” Yongguk went to her and wrapped his coat around Sunny’s body.

“It’s getting colder now, stop using thin clothes, I don’t want you to be sick.”

Sunny turned around and faced Yongguk, “Aren’t you cold?” She said worriedly.

“I am the one who should asked that to you,” He chuckled.

“But I am fine, this knitwear is pretty warm.” He said again.

“At least take my scarf,” Sunny took off her scarf and wrapped it around his neck. “Better right? I will go now, take care of your health!” She said while running.

 

‘Cough cough,’

 

 

A month passed, they still always met on that park each day. Morning, afternoon, evening, warm, cold, raining, snowing, Monday, Wednesday, Sunday, they always spent their times together. But they never went to other places, except that park.

 

“Sunny, I have two VIP tickets to Show Me the Money 8 tomorrow, you want to go there right? Should we go together?” Yongguk asked Sunny, and flashed the VIP tickets.

Sunny blinked a few times. ‘This is real right? It’s not a dream right?’ She thought. Show Me the Money 8 was an event that she really wanted to join, or at least just watching. It was the biggest rap competition in Korea.

Yongguk looked to her, “I will participate too, or you don’t want to watch it?”

“N-no! Of course I want to watch it! Is it for real?”

He ruffled her hair, “Of course this is real, you don’t believe me?”

“I believe you, but this is like a dream~” She hit his arm lightly.

“This is not a dream,” He took her hand and gave one of the ticket to her. “Here, take it.”

“T-thank you! Aren’t the tickets hard to get? How much is it?” Sunny said.

“They aren’t that hard to get, and it’s my treat for you.” He smiled.

“Thank you! I must treat you too someday.”

“No, no need too.”

Sunny scoffed. “Whyy? I want to treat you too.”

“Up to you, don’t forget we will meet here at 9.30AM.”

“Yes yes, I get it!”

“And one more thing, Bunny.” He called her with his favorite nickname for her.

“Hmm?”

“If I haven’t come here until 12PM, don’t wait for me.”

Sunny pouted, “Whyy? I’ll always wait for you.”

Yongguk flicked her forehead lightly, “No, promise me you won’t wait me after 12PM.”

“Then what should I do after 12PM?”

“Go there by yourself.”

She sighed. ‘I want to be with you…’ She thought.

 

Yongguk suddenly hugged her, tightly. “Sunny, I love you.”

Sunny startled, and her face and ears were blushing red. Her heart was beating uncontrollably. Yongguk released the hug and stared to Sunny’s eyes, and asked her, “How about you, Bunny?”

She panicked and stuttered, “I-I lo- I mean it’s t-too fast, w-we just met a-”

He cut her words, “Then?”

Sunny looked down, “I don’t k-know is this right o-or wr-”

His face got closer to her face, and he cupped her face. “Do you love me too?”

She felt all parts of her body were burning up, but she encouraged herself to reply him, “I-I do l-love you…” She closed her eyes.

Yongguk’s heart was feeling very happy.

“Cough, cough, cough-” he coughed loudly.

“Are you okay?” Sunny asked him worriedly.

He calmed himself, “Don’t worry, I’m okay.”

“Wait, I brought another scarf,” She took a scarf from her bag. “Here, use this.” She smiled.

“Can’t you help me to wear that?” Yongguk playfully pouted.

She wrapped the scarf around his neck. “Your wish granted~” She grinned.

“Thanks.” He gave her a small smile.

Suddenly, Yongguk became very calm but had a serious expression on his face. Sunny was confused, but she stayed quiet.

“Sunny…” Yongguk cupped her face again.

“Hmm?”

“M-may I kiss your lips?” His face was flushed, but he stared to Sunny’s eyes deeply. Sunny was so nervous, no words came from her lips, but she nodded. She slowly closed her eyes, meanwhile Yongguk slowly got closer and closer into Sunny’s face, until their lips met.

Yongguk slowly moved away his face from her face. They both blushed again and did not talk to each other a few moments.

 

 

“It’s already late, you should go home now.” Yongguk stood up and ruffled her hair.

“Yeah, I should go home.” Sunny smiled to him.

“Thanks for everything today, I’m sooo happy.” Yongguk held her hands and helped her to stand up.

“I’m happy too~” She cheered.

“Give me a hug first before you go?” He opened his hands. Sunny ran and hugged him tightly. He returned her hug, tightly too.

Sunny released the hug and waved to him, “See you tomorrow, Oppa!”

He smiled and waved back, “Good night, I love you!”

She laughed and made a love sign, “I love you too!”

 

 

The next day, Sunny walked to the park happily. It was their first date --- for her --- and she was really expected a lot from this date. For today, she dressed a bit different, she wore a white Comme Des down shirt, black leather jacket, black jeans, black boots, and light gray coat. She also wore a black BOY cap. ‘I dressed like this only this time, maybe Yongguk will be surprised~’ She thought and eventually chuckled.

She arrived earlier than him, and she checked the time with her phone. “Ooh it’s still 9:02AM. Half an hour to go~” She mumbled.

Then she realized, “I still don’t have Yongguk’s number… I’ll ask for it today.”

She walked to her usual spot, that bench near the pond. “I remembered how I met Yongguk~” She giggled while looking at the pond. It brought a lot of memories of them together.

 

Half an hour passed, Sunny felt quite nervous because she will meet Yongguk in a few minutes and she will see great rappers and the most important thing, Yongguk’s rap performance.

 

Another half an hour passed, Yongguk was not here yet. Sunny was still waiting for him patiently. “It’s not 12PM yet, I still can wait for him.” She took her iPod and played Awful Boy by M-Zero, it was the song  that made Yongguk knew she likes rap and hip hop music.

 

It was past 12PM, but Yongguk still was not here. Sunny started to be worry. “Should I wait or not?” She thought. It was a very hard to choose whether wait for him or not. In the end, she stated that she will wait for him until he pops out.

She circled the bench a few times while waiting for him. She pondered, curled up, hugged her knees, played with her phone, and did a of of other things that could kills her boredom.

 

Even after 6PM, Yongguk still did not pop out. She still waited for him patiently, because she felt that he will come soon, say sorry, and make her cry. She did not even care with Show Me the Money 8 anymore, all her wish was just Yongguk comes here safely.

7PM… 8PM… 9PM… 10PM… 11PM… She waited and waited until she fell asleep.

 

She woke up early in the morning, she felt something heavy on her shoulder. She looked to her right, “Yong-”

No one was there.

Nothing made her shoulder felt heavier at all.

She cannot took it anymore. Tears started streaming down on her beautiful face. She hugged her knees and cried hardly. She did not even care anymore if other people saw her like this.

“Yongguk…” She sobbed.

 

 

A week passed, and still no news about Yongguk. He never visited the park anymore, but Sunny still always came everday.

“I should have gone to Show Me the Money 8 a week ago.” She mumbled while looking at the sky.

“Excuse me, are you Ms. Sunny?” She heard someone mentioned her name.

She turned her head to see the one who mentioned her name, “Y-yes, I am.”

‘Umm… I think his face is a bit familiar… and why is he brings roses?’ She thought.

The guy’s face was surprised, and he spontaneously sat next to her. “Very nice to meet you. I am Yongnam, Yongguk’s brother.” He introduced himself.

She shouted impatiently, “Y-Yongguk?! You mean that Yongguk?! Where is he now?! Wha-”

“Calm down, I’ll tell you everything.”

She was about to cry. Her face was all red. “Where is he now? Tell me!!” She hit his arm a few times.

Yongnam frowned. He cannot see a girl crying like this, and he felt like want to cry too. It felt really hurt, but he was ready to tell her.

“Sunny… Yongguk died last week…” He whispered.

Sunny’s eyes was wide-opened. “W-what?”

Yongnam was just silent.

“Are you kidding me?”

He was still silent.

She cried. “No! this is just a dream! Sunny please wake up!”

Yongnam grabbed her shoulders. “I know it hurts but this is the reality.”

“Lie! He was okay last week!!”

“He wasn’t okay even before you met him.”

“W-wha- what d-do you mean?”

“I… promised to him I won’t tell you his diseases.”

“W-why?! Tell me!”

Yongnam gave her the roses that he brought earlier. “I found this in his room. It supposed to be for you.”

She quickly snatched the roses and hugged them,  inhaling the not-so-fresh roses scent. After a few moments hugged the roses, she noticed a letter between the roses. She took it and read it,

‘Sunny, if you received this, it means that I am on your side right now, right?

Then please read this with love.

I love you very much since the first time I met you, when you accidentally slipped and fell to the pond.

You were so cute and interesting for me.

To be honest, you are my first love, and last love.

Thank God, we are really close right now. Is it fate?

I am not good with this, but would you be my girlfriend?

I will try to make you happy every each day, starting from now on.

From: your love, Bang Yongguk

 

Sunny, if you are reading this part, it means that I am not on your side right now, right?

I should have ripped this part if I am on your side now.

Sunny, I am very sorry.

I left you very early.

I broke our promise.

Did you still waited for me when it past 12PM?

I am not a good guy. I cannot even protect you until the end and make you cry.

Are you crying now? Wipe your tears. I do not deserve your innocent tears.

Stop going to our park, forget me, and be happy. Do that and I will be happy up there.

From: Bang Yongguk, who was madly in love with you.’