첫사랑 (First Love)

A Winter's Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Merry Christmas, Happy Boxing Day, this present might be a little late ><  If you have any doubts do comment, comments are very much appreciated! (Not edited yet.)

Enjoy!

 

_________________________________

Author's POV 

It was the day of Christmas. Little Sulli and her parents arrived at her aunts house. The large villa that belonged to her aunt was filled with lots of people. 

"OMO Sulli! You guys have arrived!" 

"Aunt Taeng! Sulli miss Aunt Taeng!" The little girl called out to her favourite aunt. Aunt Taeng wasn't really blood related to sulli but sulli did not bother to find out more, sometimes complicated things are just best to be left as it was. 

Sulli's parents were chatting with Taeyeon in the room, while little sulli explores her Aunts large hidden wardrobe once again, it was something she loves to do ever them she visits her aunt. 

As she was ransacking her aunts stuff she came across a large drawing that was being wrapped and a large box, out of curiosity the little girl unwrapped the drawing, but only to see a familiar face. 

"Aunt Jessi?" 

The young little girl innocently brought everything out to the room with all her strength, curious to find out more about the drawing. 

When the drawing was being brought out sulli called out to her parents and her aunt to get the adults attention.

"Why have Aunt Jessi dawing?" Sulli nudge her parents leg while asking. But only to receive the blank face from them.  

For the 3 adults, they have not seen this drawing for a long time, the drawing brought back lots of memory to Taeyeon. Everything in this drawing has lots of sentimental value to her. 

"You remember this?" Taeyeon asked sulli's parents. 

Taeyeon explained the time where this drawing came about and how it ended up being the most priceless art in the world. 

 

 

 

 

 

Flashback


Taeyeon's POV

Wearing black and with a ring on my ring finger, I held my purse tightly and walk towards the ballroom. 

I pushed the door open, as I entered the ballroom I was being welcomed with large rounds of applause from the crowd, ushering me onto the stage. After shaking hands with some of them I made my way up. There were a few familiar faces, a few of them were extremely rich business men and women that appreciate art pieces a lot and today they were here at my charity event, where I present my work piece, the portrait of her that has will shock the world, the portrait that has what it takes to be on par with the famous 'Mona Lisa'. But truth to be told, I wasn't ready to sell it and allow it to be place at the arts museum. For I was afraid that I'll leave her out, I was afraid that I would forget the looks of her. I wanted to stare at that portrait of her all day, so that the memories of us would be carved in my head forever even when I die she will always be in my heart, but that.. Was impossible..


I sat on the chair at the side allowing the guy that was in charge of the stage to give a brief explanation of my art work before the actual auction for my work piece began. 

A few guards went forward to the painting and removed the late box covering it, revealing the beautiful portrait of her. My hear skipped a beat, seeing this piece of art was just like seeing her once again, it was like a dream but it was a fact that I could never be together with her again, and being waken up once again to reality pains my heart, I was love sick. 

'첫사랑' a.k.a 'First Love', it was the name of that portrait. She wasn't really the first girl that got my heart racing but I was sure that she was the first that send me that extreme feeling of unusual happiness when we were together walking down the street, not even holding hands or anything. 

As I sat there, staring at the picture, I can't help but recall that short period of time the both of us spent together. Jessica Jung, I miss you so much.. That 1 day that we spent was never enough. 

 

Author's POV (Flashback 1 Week Ago)


The streets of New York was covered in white glittering snow, it was morning on the day of Christmas Eve, the streets was already packed with lots of people that were trying to get gifts and stuffs. Taeyeon walked down the streets, heading to the large famous hotel located at the heart of the big apple with an amazing scenery. 

She had just arrived just a few hours ago, and was already dead tired but the hardworking artist make it a point to herself to head home on the day of Christmas to celebrate with her friends and family, hence she has no choice but to start work immediately, finding something inspirational enough for the new work of hers. 

After Taeyeon reached her room took no time to place down her luggages quickly, she place her camera, sketch book, colour pencils, pencils and other stuffs in to the smaller back pack and left for her breakfast. 

Taking the lift up to the open garden Bistro, when she used to patronise all the time whenever she was staying at the hotel in New York. It was weird but something happens every time she's there, and to be exact, she got most of her inspiration there. For example, for one of her drawings with the theme "Compassion", she got her inspiration when she saw a young lady giving out sandwiches to the homeless that were roaming the streets. This led Taeyeon into believing that this time she would find another inspiration there for the drawing of hers. 

After ordering her hot coffee she walked towards the same old table where she always sat, everything looks the same buy for that seat it was exceptionally different today, there was a a large umbrella shading the white table, and there were lots of snow stacking on the benches. A frown grew on Taeyeon's face, the snow was already a problem but there was another obstacle. Her favourite seat was being occupied be a blond lady drinking her hot coffee. 

Taeyeon walked closer to take a closer look at that the person the was occupying her seat. As she walked closer she can't help herself but to stare at the petite girl even more, the girl was wearing a whit beanie over her head and despite the cold weather she was not wearing any warm and thick clothing to keep herself warm. 

As she continue staring at the girl, examining the girl's features someone called out to her, "Hello?". Despite the sweet sounding voice, Taeyeon can't help but felt annoyed that someone had disturb her just when she was concentrating on something. But it only took Taeyeon a while to realise that it was the girl that was calling her. 

Realising that she was staring at the girl like a byuntae. She scolded herself while smacking her head mentally "Aish.. Byuntae..".

Taeyeon walked up to the girl and apologise but only to receive a giggle from the girl. 

"You're from Korea?" The girl spoke to Taeyeon in Korean. 

Taeyeon was surprised, seeing someone from the same country as her.  

"Yup, nice to meet you my name is Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon." Taeyeon bowed slightly keeping her cool, she was shocked to see someone a korean at the same bistro. She was fascinated too, to see a korean with such fair white skin and blonde hair. 

"Nice to meet you too, my name is Jessica, Jessica Jung! Please sit!" The girl replied warmly. 

Taeyeon's drink came and the both of them chatted happily, to others it may seem weird for both strangers hitting off pretty quickly but it was partially because the both of them were lonely. Throughout the chat between them Taeyeon notice that Jessica was constantly coughing badly. 

"Are you okay?" Taeyeon asked worriedly, the cough didn't sound like a normal cough there was something more to it as it sounded really bad. "Oh.. I'm fine, it's normal for me to cough like this. So why are you here in New York? Why not spend this Christmas with your family?" Jessica asked feeling curious. 

"As you know that I'm a artist, I'm looking for inspiration for a magnificent drawing that will shock the world. It may be my last drawing, and I'll dominate the world with this!" Taeyeon spoke with a dorky tone, earning a light smack on the shoulder from Jessica. "I'll definitely look forward to that you dork.." Jessica spoke as she giggled. 

"What about you? Why are you here for? Not spending Christmas with your family too?" Taeyeon asked. 

Jessica was stunned she wasn't sure how to reply to Taeyeon about her problems. Was she going to just say I'm dying with probably a few hours, days, weeks or months left? She herself was unsure too. A illness was like a time bomb, a time bomb that may just explode and kill her at any moment. It was just a matter of time, she's fighting time now. She should be just lying on the bed in the hospital right now, under the intensive care from the doctors and nurse, but she refuse to spent her remaining days on useless and meaningless things like sleeping, she wanted to do many things because after enjoying she will be going into a very long and deep slumber that does need her to wake up. She will have all the time she needs to sleep, therefore she's going to spent her life to the fullest, before she lies somewhere motionlessly.  


"Taeyeon, I'm sick.. That's why I'm here, to get treatment. But it didn't went well and my days are numbered, I just want to enjoy my remaining days here doing meaningful things. I don't want to lie on the bed, because I'm sure I'll be lying for a long time after all these. I don't want to go home because I do not want to see my parents crying because of me, I just want to die.. quietly.." Jessica spoke in one go but there was a hint if her voice crying. She didn't know why she just spilled everything out to a Taeyeon whom she had just met not long ago, but it did felt better after releasing some of those feelings that she had bottled up. 

Taeyeon looked at Jessica, eyes widened. She could not believe what she had just heard, it sounded real. She just couldn't believe that the Jessica that was lively before her eyes was actually extremely ill with her life hanging by a thread. Everything just sounded too much for the young artist, it was too much for her to digest, but for some reason Taeyeon felt her heart pained, it was like her heart was just torn into pieces. Staring at the Jessica, Taeyeon went beside Jessica and have her a warm hug, it wasn't easy for someone to be alone yet knowing that she was about to die. It wasn't pity that Taeyeon was feeling, it was something way different. Taeyeon can't help but wonder, perhaps have she fell in love with a dying girl? 


"Listen Sica, if you want to do something I'll promise you, I'll help you. I'll do it together with you, so are you willing to take my hand?" Taeyeon stretched out her small hand and asked Jessica. Jessica wiped her tears and took Taeyeon's hand. 

Taeyeon took out her tablet, and passed it to Jessica, "Since it's New York City, first stop, shall we head to Central Park? You'll love the fresh air there" Taeyeon asked with a smile. 

For Jessica, event though she was in New York for about a year. She has never really explore the city much, just short walks nearby in the New York City's Hospital that she was warded in. 

The both of them made their way down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter