Twinkle Twinkle My Little Star

WGM - Myungsoo

The black canvass of the sky hung above you as the constant rocking of the swing soothed you. A warm blanket lay on your lap as you held a warm mug of milk as you gazed upon the sparkling stars above. Wrapping yourself in your large hoodie, you pulled the sleeves over the palms of your hands, hearing the crickets sing their song as you couldn’t think of anything better than this.

Myungsoo was just getting off practice as he ran his fingers through his sweaty hair to push the hair out of his eyes as he walked into the cool air. With the night air nipping at his exposed skin he pulled a t shirt over his tank top. The full moon caught his eye as he thought how lonely you were at home, all day long. Picking up his pace, he didn’t want you to be lonely for too much longer.

Tracing your finger on the brim of the cup you hummed some of your favorite Infinite songs as you happily looked at the moon. Sipping the warm milk happily a smile came onto your lips before you leaned your head back and rested it against the back of the swing. Your sleeves of the hoodie, inched their way up your hands as you pulled them back down, with a little smile on your face. Your voice began to sing his songs happily as you made your own flare on the songs.

Myungsoo finally arrived in front of “your” home, which you both shared for the filming of We Got Married, as the season was quickly coming to a close. Lifting his gaze to the roof he noticed a little light that only if there was someone up there. A small smile curled onto his lips as he climbed to the stairs. Pushing open the door to the roof he saw something that he would never forget the rest of his life.

Your hair slowly blew in the night breeze as your knees were elevated with the blanket cascading over them, a pure white mug sat in your lap as your fingers gently moved against the smooth finish, your head was tilted to see the distant galaxy as the swing slowly moved under you.

Beaming happily, Myungsoo let his bag drop off of his shoulder as he looked away and clicked his tongue before moving his eyes back to you. Slowly, he walked over to you as there was an open seat behind you. Taking his chance, he sat behind you as his arm rested on top of the swinging bench. Turning your head you looked at Myungsoo as he took his other hand and tapped the tip of your nose as you scrunched it cutely and smiled.

“You’re home.” You said softly as you moved into his shoulder.

“You’re on the roof.” He chuckled as you nodded happily.

“I love coming up here, it is a nice escape… when I don’t have you.” You muttered the last part as blush tinted your cheeks and heated your ears as he let his arm wrap around you.

“I missed you too. I hope you weren’t too bored here all alone.” He said softly as he rested his head against yours as he kept the swing at a constant pace with his legs pushing off every time.

“I had fun with the camera crew and going over our last show together.” You said with a sad tone as you tilted your head downward as your fingers began to move against the cup again.

“Hey. Don’t worry; I would love to still see you every day. If it wasn’t for this show I wouldn’t have found my best friend.” He pulled you flush against him as you smiled brighter.

“I don’t regret meeting you either, or signing up for this show. Actually I am very happy that I did.” You looked back up at him as he pressed his lips on your forehead. He looked down into your eyes as they reflected the moon and the twinkling stars perfectly. For him it was easier to put his feelings into words rather than say them himself so he softly began to sing the child song.

Twinkle Twinkle little star, How I wonder what you are?
Up above the clouds so high; like a diamond in the sky.
Twinkle Twinkle little star, How I wonder what you are?

Softly your cheeks, his fingers were warm yet sent shivers down your spine as you looked up at him with your twinkling eyes.

“You’re eyes are so beautiful. You’re so beautiful.” Myungsoo quietly breathed as you blushed and bit your lip as you looked back up to the sky where the real stars were.

“T-The moon is so b-big tonight.” You tried to change the subject as Myungsoo just giggled and pulled you onto his lap.

“So beautiful, the stars wonder how they ever lived without the moon.” Myungsoo whispered in your ears as you closed your eyes as you tried to slow down your rapid heartbeat. “Thank you for being my wife. I only wish that you could be my wife after this show ended.”

Turning your head slowly at his last comment, your heart stopped as you looked up at his perfect complexion.

“R-Really?” You stuttered as he looked down at you with a loving gaze and smile.

“I wouldn’t tell you anything that isn’t true.” He said softly as he kissed your cheek carefully. “I love you far too much to ever hurt you.” Resting his head against your shoulder, he leaned his head against yours as you pulled the blanket over his lap too.

After a few moments, he lifted his head from your shoulder as he carefully guided your head down onto his chest.

“Close your eyes. This is my song for you.” He said as you fluttered your eyes closed as your cheeks tingled with butterflies. Your ear pressed against his chest as you heard his heart.

“I just hear your heart, Myungsoo.” You quietly whispered as he rubbed your arms carefully as his other hand wrapped around yours.

“That is why it is perfect. I don’t think my heart could ever beat without you.” Myungsoo looked down at your beautiful face as you looked up at him a little suspicious.

“Are you feeling ok, you are really touchy feely today and you… you are confessing to me every chance you get.” You said not wanting to hurt him if you were wrong as your hand gently pressed against his cheek and his forehead to check his temperature.

“I just don’t want to waste another moment, I only have a limited amount of time with you on this show and I never told you how fond of you, I am. I wanted to let you know that, I love you.” Myungsoo’s eyes twinkled like the stars as you leaned up and kissed his cheek.

“I love you too.” Snuggling against his chest he wrapped his arms around you as he kept the swing rocking softly. With the songs that he sung today, stuck in his head, he softly sang them for you as you closed your eyes to the sound of his heart and his song as you began to drift to sleep.

Gripping his shirt, your fingers tickled him as he looked down at you sleeping on him. A big proud smile came onto his face as he carefully lifted you into his strong arms as you stirred. Freezing his movements he waited until you stopped moving for him to walk again.

Taking you back down to your home, he entered the code and pushed open the door as he walked to the bedroom. Placing his knee on the bed, he eased you down onto the mattress, rubbing your eyes softly he smiled at you as he lifted your sweatshirt up a little to see if you had a shirt on underneath. Pulling your tank top down, he lifted the hoodie carefully over your head as your hair fell back down onto the pillow. Successful in his objective, he slipped off his t shirt and slid in next to you as he let his fingers flow through your hair. His warm and welcoming touch made you move closer to him as you curled yourself against his chest.

Unsure, Myungsoo watched you a moment before he wrapped his arms around you, holding you close to him as he brought the covers up to your shoulder. Petting your hair he carefully closed his eyes and rubbed your back before he smiled thinking that this was the first time that you ever did something like this, especially to him. Falling into sleep, he was going to make plans to really propose to you, wanting to spend the rest of his life with you.