At the Park

A Faithful Vow

 

 

Kyuhyun had finally gotten the accursed crutch away from him after his recovery, he had missed playing around outside that’s for sure even though he’s more of a video game fanatic. He liked the open space and the fact that he could walk around the nearby park at their area.

 

Since he had just fully recovered, he still can’t abuse his leg by running around and such. He decided to take a walk down the park to check on the other kids that usually play there at the afternoon. He smiled as he saw a few of them chasing each other around, he never really liked outdoor activities but once in a while he gets some interest about it.

 

He sat at the bench and continued to marvel on the green coloured area; surrounded by trees and some well-trimmed bushes that made the whole place look nice and dandy. “I wonder if Hae’s doing fine at school” he chuckled at the thought of Hae complaining that he didn’t went to school even though he was fine but as much as Kyu wouldn’t admit it, he missed going to school but his mom said that he’ll just start again next Monday.

 

He just drifted with his thought that he didn’t notice a young girl walk close to him with an odd look in her face, “Oh, hey there” she spoke in a soft and tender voice. Kyu broke from his daze and turned to face her, he blushed at the near sight of the adorable looking girl.

 

She’s cute…” he told himself, “Ugh… he-hello…” he muttered and the she giggled at him and the sound echoed inside his head and felt like chimes making a melody with the wind. “I don’t see you much around this park… do you happen to be new here?” she sat along with him and his heart began to run wild.

 

“Well… I’ve… only been here for around a year and a half and… I rarely go out of the house” he shyly said and she couldn’t stop admiring how he was so funny in a good way. She snickered and Kyu lowered his head thinking that he had said something funny “Would you like to play with me?” she invited.

 

At the sound of that question, Kyuhyun’s head rose with a twinkle in his eye. “Are… you sure?” he was still bewildered by the question, “Do I need to be sure? Come on… let’s play at the seesaw” she brought out a winning smile and without further encouragement, she pulled Kyu’s hand and guided him towards the spot.

 

The whole time they walked towards the playground, everything felt like in slow motion. Things glowed so brightly around her and no one seems to out shine her even just facing her back. Kyu was caught by the strange feeling and he was like every bit of it.

 

They stopped and she turned around, to which Kyu found it graceful. “You can take that side and I’ll take this” she instructed. Kyu’s brain couldn’t seem to function as it was supposed to be so he just nodded and did as he was told, “Do you know how this works?” she kiddingly asked since Kyu tripped before sitting properly at the other end.

 

“Y-Yeah…” he ducked and felt his cheeks warm up once again. She just chuckled and they were off with the teeter-totter motion. At that very moment, Kyuhyun couldn’t wish for anything in the world, he wanted everything to stop whatever’s happening and they were the only ones moving about.

 

The day went on and Kyuhyun enjoyed every moment he had spent with her, she then bid him goodbye since his dad came to pick her up. “By the way… ugh…” he kicked he ground to wound up some courage, “I… didn’t got your name” again she couldn’t stop chucking over Kyu’s adorable way of talking, “It’s Seo Joo Hyun but you can call me Seohyun, and yours?” she inquired.

 

Seohyun… what a wonderful name” he mused to himself, “C-Cho… Kyuhyun” he stuttered, “Well then, I’ll see you tomorrow then Kyuhyun” she waved and then scurried off towards his dad. His eyes never faltered to watch her walk away, even just taking her leave she looks so gorgeous, he noted to himself.

 

After that, he walked back home with a smile never fading in his face. The whole time with her at the park was relived inside his head. He never felt so blissful in his entire life before and he wasn’t sure what was going on but, he knows one thing. He wants to see her again.

 

When he got inside the house, he got his shoes back to the rack at the side of the door. “I’m home” he informed and he heard footsteps rushing towards his location. “Where were you?!” Hae questioned in an upset tone, “I was just at the park… is there something wrong?” he frowned at the answer, “And I thought you hated the outside world” he mocked and Kyu didn’t bother to retaliate and just went through towards the kitchen to get some juice.

 

Hae found it unusual since Kyu would always give a retort on almost every conversation they had, “Is… something up?” he trailed behind the younger while Kyu took the carton of juice and got a glass. Kyu didn’t answer yet as he was busy with pouring his drink on the glass and Hae just stared at him awaiting some answers.

 

When Kyu finally finished drinking, Hae crossed his arms and rolled his eyes “Ah… that hit the spot” he said in a satisfying tone, “Are you ready to talk?” Hae raised a brow and still in his demanding tone of voice. Kyu just smiled and then out of the blue, hugged Donghae in which startled the boy.

 

He wasn’t used with Kyu’s affectionate assaults, no, as he recalled Kyuhyun never showed something like that “This is freaking me out…” he whispered in a still audible way for Kyu to take in. When the younger pulled away he met a questioning pair of eyes looking at him “Everything’s so great I could kiss you right now” he spoke in an adorable and loving way.

 

Hae gagged “Ew… I think you need to see a psychiatrist or something… I think your brain got more damage than your leg did” but Kyuhyun didn’t answered back at what he said instead, he pulled Donghae to get up stairs wherein the older boy just went along with his friend’s weird actions.

 

Kyu then shut the door and they sat at the edge of the bed. Hae still being unable to comprehend the whole thing waited for an explanation “I… met a wonderful angel earlier” Hae’s face turned into a disfigured look, “You are definitely nuts… I need to talk with your mom to get you brain fixed~” Kyu chuckled “My head’s fine silly”

 

“It’s just that, she was totally beautiful that… I couldn’t help but to compare her with an angel” he told in a dreamy tone, “Right… what’s gotten into you, are you sick or something?” he placed a hand over Kyu’s and checked his own as well and Kyu responded with a laugh, “You are such a spoil sport sometimes… wait, let me take that back, ALWAYS!” Hae finally saw that he was back to normal again.

 

“Finally some senseless answer from the retort king” he kid and Kyu placed his arm around Hae’s neck and pulled him close in which surprised Hae yet again. He felt soft peck on the head before Kyu pulled away and looked at him. Stunned, Hae just looked at him “I’m so lucky to have a lunatic like you around”

 

Hae’s eyes narrowed, “Hey! Differentiate me from you I’m far too normal than you, you just act civilized and well-mannered but in truth you’re a psychopath” Kyu could only laugh. After he a short period Hae followed the laughter, “Yeah and you are my sidekick that’s totally the same”

 

“Fair enough, so are you… crushing on a girl already?” he teasingly asked, within a second of that question Kyu turned flush red, “Uh huh… I think I got an answer on that” he nodded and eyed Kyu, “Well… ugh, err…” he muttered but no knowledgeable words were available.

 

“That’s fine if you don’t want to talk about it, I mean… it is you future love life and all” Kyu’s eyes nearly popped out “What in the world are you saying?!” he freaked, he only saw Hae smile back at him “No worries there, that kind of stuff is still part of my promise to ya. I’ll look after you no matter what the cause” Kyu felt an assurance on that he had said.

 

He calmed down as he saw how Donghae knows what to say at most, “Sometimes you mind works ways”  he really did know he was one lucky guy to get a friend like him.

 

The very next day Donghae went to Kyu’s place earlier since it was a Saturday morning, “You’re up and about this early dear” Kyu’s more mused and Hae waved and bow at her, “Morning auntie, is Kyu up or he still snoozing?” she giggled, “Not yet but can you wake him up for me so the two of you could have some breakfast?” Hae nodded enthusiastically.

 

Hae raced upstairs and didn’t bother to knock on Kyu’s door, nor would he ever. “Ugh… such an adorable sight” he made a pair of googly eyes, “Should I devastate such slumber or should I let it be?” he asked himself aloud. “Nah, it is fun to piss him off” he deviously said and didn’t hesitated on jumping at the bed which automatically startled Kyu’s sleep.

 

“Wake up you bed ridden worm!” he added to his disturbance, “Ugh… it’s bright and early and you come here to ruin my sleep!” he angrily said but to no effect since Hae just continued to bounce at the mattress. Kyu eyed the clock at the desk at the side and saw it was 8 in the morning. “Like I’d stop pestering you if you said something in a harsh way” then he chuckled.

 

Kyu sighed in defeat and got up and Hae stopped his bouncing slowly, “Happy now?” Hae smiled satisfyingly and nodded “This is the downside in having you around. No peace and quiet” he rolled out of bed and stretched his limbs with a long yawn.

 

“So you don’t want me around anymore huh?” he disappointingly asked and lowered his head, “That’s not how it is…” Kyu turned to him “Sorry, I think I made a mistake in waking you up this early” Hae got out of the bed and went directly towards the door but before he could leave Kyu rushed and stopped him from leaving.

 

“No… I didn’t mean that… it’s just that I woke up in the wrong side of the bed. Sorry if I’d sound offending to you” he sincerely apologized, Hae lightened a bit “Okay then, let’s get down stairs ‘cause your mom said we should have breakfast… by the way, your breath wreaks like toilet… get your mouth brush with extra toothpaste ‘cause you’ll need it” he suppressed his nostrils and fanned his hand in front of him with a disgusting look.

 

Kyu’s eyes narrowed “You good for nothing…” he trailed off as Hae ran through the door and went down stairs; Kyu trailed him until they were at the living room. He caught Donghae by the shirt and wrestled him at the carpet, they were laughing and giggling but still strangled each other.

 

“You ruffians get to the kitchen… it’s time for breakfast” she smiled at the way the two looked. They both stopped and untangled themselves from each other’s clutches; she then left them and went to the dining area to get the plates ready.

 

They looked at each other, “Your mouth still smells so get going with the brushing!” he ordered, “Pft… like you brush yours” he retorted, “As a matter of fact I do!” he demonstrated by blowing him a breath, “Ew… I think I smelled the last meal you had from a few months ago” he lied by still convinced Donghae.

 

“It does not!” he defended as he took a whiff of his own breath, “After seeing you do that, that clarifies that you don’t trust your own mouth” he teased and scurried off to the bathroom with a triumphant smile plastered in his face. “I’ll get even with you dinosaur breath!” he declared.

 

When the afternoon came, Kyu inquired that they’d go to the park. Hae held a suspicion that something with up since Kyu rarely invites going out to the park. Whenever he wanted to go there it’s either he had done something to piss his mom off or he didn’t had any interest in playing some videogames in which was one of the rarest occurrence.

 

“So…” he started off as they made their way. Kyu was obvious with the way Hae was eying him with a sharp stare, “What?” he answered back “You’re mom got pissed or something?” Kyu was confused with the question, “What…? What does that have to do with going to the park?”

 

Hae just shook his head, “Just cough it up Kyu, what’s your agenda in getting there?” Kyu finally got the message, “Nothing’s up… I just… I was… just…” he couldn’t bring the words out of his mouth. “You’re really freaking me out here” he moved one step away from him as they walked and Kyu thought that he was starting to over react.

 

“Okay, let me cut things straight here. I just want to take you to the park so you could meet that… cute girl I met” he felt shy about telling the last part. Hae raised a brow, “Okay, you’re seriously crushing at this girl” he concluded and didn’t spoke anymore.

 

“Really now, you never cease to make wonders with your theories” they then went silent at the walk towards the park just a couple of blocks from theirs.

 

When they got there Kyu’s eyes scanned the place but there weren’t any sign that she was at the place yet. “Someone’s all worked up” he gestured as he watched his friend look around like a hawk “By the way, yesterday was Friday, why were you able to see her at that time? Surely she goes to school”

 

“She had her tooth pulled yesterday so she didn’t went to school, I didn’t think she found it painful” he looked at him “She must be tough, the last time I heard a kid cried like a new born when his tooth got pulled” looming his eyes on Kyu “Hey, the anaesthesia wore off right after it got pulled!” he defended.

 

“But still, compared to the broken leg you got days ago, the pulled out tooth was less of a torment” he continued to tease, “Why don’t I show you how it really feels to make things even~” he was about to grab him and Hae was at the midst of getting away but Kyu stopped at the middle. “What’s wrong? Afraid you’d lose your teeth instead of mine?”

 

“It’s her” he stared straight through Hae, “Who?” he turned to where he was face; he looked around until his eyes landed on the young girl making her way. “She does look good” he told himself, “Is that her?” he asked the younger “Yeah, she is”

 

“I never thought a girl could shut down a crazed kid like you” Kyu ignored his tease, “Better get ready, she’s getting close” with that Kyu somewhat broke from a trance and started panicking. “What… what do we do?” he hysterically asked “We should paint the concrete road yellow so she could make it to the wizard of Oz in no time, of course pull yourself together and act like a normal kid” Kyu hissed and calmed a bit.

 

“Geez, next thing you know, you’re going to go running away from her once she gets a foot close to you” Kyu frowned but didn’t spoke; they didn’t noticed that she was right there. “Hello Kyuhyun” she greeted in her soft and tender voice where Kyu felt life melting once more, just like yesterday, he thought to himself.

 

Hae turned and smiled, “Oh… are you a friend of his?” she questioned Hae, “Yeah, my name’s Donghae” he extended his hand for a handshake; she willingly complied by extending hers. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, my name’s Seo Joo Hyun but you can call me Seohyun for short” she smiled charmingly “Pleasures all mine” smiling back at the sweet girl.

 

Kyu broke the greetings with clearing his throat, “Yeah, that’s nice. So…” moving the conversation from the greetings, “Let’s go at playground and goof around, or…” he looked at the two before continuing “You prefer to get to know each other more?” they both giggled in unison.

 

“No need to get defensive in stuff, I’m a go with fun stuff asides from Mr Boredom here” he pointed out and earned a sharp glare from Kyu but a sweet laughter with Seohyun. “You guys crack me up” she then composed herself.

 

They did enjoy playing around, chasing each other, going along with hide and seek and some monkey bars to get some challenge. Hae found Kyu’s words about her real, she was fun with are with and she was gorgeous but he didn’t hold the same googly feeling as Kyu did. He thought that it’s Kyu’s feelings and not his so he shouldn’t compare.

 

When Hae thought that he should’ve just dropped Kyu off their place and head onto theirs but Kyu stopped him; he held a quizzical look at the younger kid “Can you sleep over? There’s no school tomorrow… if that’s fine with you?” he meekly asked. “I’ll get to see you again tomorrow so don’t get worked up about me sleeping over” he kid.

 

Kyu wasn’t laughing, he was dead serious “You said you’d be there for me when I asked” Hae jutted his lips, “I never thought you’d use that in an instance” he snickered and Kyu smiled, “So that’s yes, get inside” he ordered and Hae didn’t resist

 

Yeah, Kyu was right… she is cute and very kind” he told himself as Kyu pulled him inside the house eagerly, it was a side that Kyu rarely showed. A smile bloomed at seeing how he acted, for him it was something he’ll easily get used to and would always adore.Kyuhyun had finally gotten the accursed crutch away from him after his recovery, he had missed playing around outside that’s for sure even though he’s more of a video game fanatic. He liked the open space and the fact that he could walk around the nearby park at their area.

 

Since he had just fully recovered, he still can’t abuse his leg by running around and such. He decided to take a walk down the park to check on the other kids that usually play there at the afternoon. He smiled as he saw a few of them chasing each other around, he never really liked outdoor activities but once in a while he gets some interest about it.

 

He sat at the bench and continued to marvel on the green coloured area; surrounded by trees and some well-trimmed bushes that made the whole place look nice and dandy. “I wonder if Hae’s doing fine at school” he chuckled at the thought of Hae complaining that he didn’t went to school even though he was fine but as much as Kyu wouldn’t admit it, he missed going to school but his mom said that he’ll just start again next Monday.

 

He just drifted with his thought that he didn’t notice a young girl walk close to him with an odd look in her face, “Oh, hey there” she spoke in a soft and tender voice. Kyu broke from his daze and turned to face her, he blushed at the near sight of the adorable looking girl.

 

She’s cute…” he told himself, “Ugh… he-hello…” he muttered and the she giggled at him and the sound echoed inside his head and felt like chimes making a melody with the wind. “I don’t see you much around this park… do you happen to be new here?” she sat along with him and his heart began to run wild.

 

“Well… I’ve… only been here for around a year and a half and… I rarely go out of the house” he shyly said and she couldn’t stop admiring how he was so funny in a good way. She snickered and Kyu lowered his head thinking that he had said something funny “Would you like to play with me?” she invited.

 

At the sound of that question, Kyuhyun’s head rose with a twinkle in his eye. “Are… you sure?” he was still bewildered by the question, “Do I need to be sure? Come on… let’s play at the seesaw” she brought out a winning smile and without further encouragement, she pulled Kyu’s hand and guided him towards the spot.

 

The whole time they walked towards the playground, everything felt like in slow motion. Things glowed so brightly around her and no one seems to out shine her even just facing her back. Kyu was caught by the strange feeling and he was like every bit of it.

 

They stopped and she turned around, to which Kyu found it graceful. “You can take that side and I’ll take this” she instructed. Kyu’s brain couldn’t seem to function as it was supposed to be so he just nodded and did as he was told, “Do you know how this works?” she kiddingly asked since Kyu tripped before sitting properly at the other end.

 

“Y-Yeah…” he ducked and felt his cheeks warm up once again. She just chuckled and they were off with the teeter-totter motion. At that very moment, Kyuhyun couldn’t wish for anything in the world, he wanted everything to stop whatever’s happening and they were the only ones moving about.

 

The day went on and Kyuhyun enjoyed every moment he had spent with her, she then bid him goodbye since his dad came to pick her up. “By the way… ugh…” he kicked he ground to wound up some courage, “I… didn’t got your name” again she couldn’t stop chucking over Kyu’s adorable way of talking, “It’s Seo Joo Hyun but you can call me Seohyun, and yours?” she inquired.

 

Seohyun… what a wonderful name” he mused to himself, “C-Cho… Kyuhyun” he stuttered, “Well then, I’ll see you tomorrow then Kyuhyun” she waved and then scurried off towards his dad. His eyes never faltered to watch her walk away, even just taking her leave she looks so gorgeous, he noted to himself.

 

After that, he walked back home with a smile never fading in his face. The whole time with her at the park was relived inside his head. He never felt so blissful in his entire life before and he wasn’t sure what was going on but, he knows one thing. He wants to see her again.

 

When he got inside the house, he got his shoes back to the rack at the side of the door. “I’m home” he informed and he heard footsteps rushing towards his location. “Where were you?!” Hae questioned in an upset tone, “I was just at the park… is there something wrong?” he frowned at the answer, “And I thought you hated the outside world” he mocked and Kyu didn’t bother to retaliate and just went through towards the kitchen to get some juice.

 

Hae found it unusual since Kyu would always give a retort on almost every conversation they had, “Is… something up?” he trailed behind the younger while Kyu took the carton of juice and got a glass. Kyu didn’t answer yet as he was busy with pouring his drink on the glass and Hae just stared at him awaiting some answers.

 

When Kyu finally finished drinking, Hae crossed his arms and rolled his eyes “Ah… that hit the spot” he said in a satisfying tone, “Are you ready to talk?” Hae raised a brow and still in his demanding tone of voice. Kyu just smiled and then out of the blue, hugged Donghae in which startled the boy.

 

He wasn’t used with Kyu’s affectionate assaults, no, as he recalled Kyuhyun never showed something like that “This is freaking me out…” he whispered in a still audible way for Kyu to take in. When the younger pulled away he met a questioning pair of eyes looking at him “Everything’s so great I could kiss you right now” he spoke in an adorable and loving way.

 

Hae gagged “Ew… I think you need to see a psychiatrist or something… I think your brain got more damage than your leg did” but Kyuhyun didn’t answered back at what he said instead, he pulled Donghae to get up stairs wherein the older boy just went along with his friend’s weird actions.

 

Kyu then shut the door and they sat at the edge of the bed. Hae still being unable to comprehend the whole thing waited for an explanation “I… met a wonderful angel earlier” Hae’s face turned into a disfigured look, “You are definitely nuts… I need to talk with your mom to get you brain fixed~” Kyu chuckled “My head’s fine silly”

 

“It’s just that, she was totally beautiful that… I couldn’t help but to compare her with an angel” he told in a dreamy tone, “Right… what’s gotten into you, are you sick or something?” he placed a hand over Kyu’s and checked his own as well and Kyu responded with a laugh, “You are such a spoil sport sometimes… wait, let me take that back, ALWAYS!” Hae finally saw that he was back to normal again.

 

“Finally some senseless answer from the retort king” he kid and Kyu placed his arm around Hae’s neck and pulled him close in which surprised Hae yet again. He felt soft peck on the head before Kyu pulled away and looked at him. Stunned, Hae just looked at him “I’m so lucky to have a lunatic like you around”

 

Hae’s eyes narrowed, “Hey! Differentiate me from you I’m far too normal than you, you just act civilized and well-mannered but in truth you’re a psychopath” Kyu could only laugh. After he a short period Hae followed the laughter, “Yeah and you are my sidekick that’s totally the same”

 

“Fair enough, so are you… crushing on a girl already?” he teasingly asked, within a second of that question Kyu turned flush red, “Uh huh… I think I got an answer on that” he nodded and eyed Kyu, “Well… ugh, err…” he muttered but no knowledgeable words were available.

 

“That’s fine if you don’t want to talk about it, I mean… it is you future love life and all” Kyu’s eyes nearly popped out “What in the world are you saying?!” he freaked, he only saw Hae smile back at him “No worries there, that kind of stuff is still part of my promise to ya. I’ll look after you no matter what the cause” Kyu felt an assurance on that he had said.

 

He calmed down as he saw how Donghae knows what to say at most, “Sometimes you mind works ways”  he really did know he was one lucky guy to get a friend like him.

 

The very next day Donghae went to Kyu’s place earlier since it was a Saturday morning, “You’re up and about this early dear” Kyu’s more mused and Hae waved and bow at her, “Morning auntie, is Kyu up or he still snoozing?” she giggled, “Not yet but can you wake him up for me so the two of you could have some breakfast?” Hae nodded enthusiastically.

 

Hae raced upstairs and didn’t bother to knock on Kyu’s door, nor would he ever. “Ugh… such an adorable sight” he made a pair of googly eyes, “Should I devastate such slumber or should I let it be?” he asked himself aloud. “Nah, it is fun to piss him off” he deviously said and didn’t hesitated on jumping at the bed which automatically startled Kyu’s sleep.

 

“Wake up you bed ridden worm!” he added to his disturbance, “Ugh… it’s bright and early and you come here to ruin my sleep!” he angrily said but to no effect since Hae just continued to bounce at the mattress. Kyu eyed the clock at the desk at the side and saw it was 8 in the morning. “Like I’d stop pestering you if you said something in a harsh way” then he chuckled.

 

Kyu sighed in defeat and got up and Hae stopped his bouncing slowly, “Happy now?” Hae smiled satisfyingly and nodded “This is the downside in having you around. No peace and quiet” he rolled out of bed and stretched his limbs with a long yawn.

 

“So you don’t want me around anymore huh?” he disappointingly asked and lowered his head, “That’s not how it is…” Kyu turned to him “Sorry, I think I made a mistake in waking you up this early” Hae got out of the bed and went directly towards the door but before he could leave Kyu rushed and stopped him from leaving.

 

“No… I didn’t mean that… it’s just that I woke up in the wrong side of the bed. Sorry if I’d sound offending to you” he sincerely apologized, Hae lightened a bit “Okay then, let’s get down stairs ‘cause your mom said we should have breakfast… by the way, your breath wreaks like toilet… get your mouth brush with extra toothpaste ‘cause you’ll need it” he suppressed his nostrils and fanned his hand in front of him with a disgusting look.

 

Kyu’s eyes narrowed “You good for nothing…” he trailed off as Hae ran through the door and went down stairs; Kyu trailed him until they were at the living room. He caught Donghae by the shirt and wrestled him at the carpet, they were laughing and giggling but still strangled each other.

 

“You ruffians get to the kitchen… it’s time for breakfast” she smiled at the way the two looked. They both stopped and untangled themselves from each other’s clutches; she then left them and went to the dining area to get the plates ready.

 

They looked at each other, “Your mouth still smells so get going with the brushing!” he ordered, “Pft… like you brush yours” he retorted, “As a matter of fact I do!” he demonstrated by blowing him a breath, “Ew… I think I smelled the last meal you had from a few months ago” he lied by still convinced Donghae.

 

“It does not!” he defended as he took a whiff of his own breath, “After seeing you do that, that clarifies that you don’t trust your own mouth” he teased and scurried off to the bathroom with a triumphant smile plastered in his face. “I’ll get even with you dinosaur breath!” he declared.

 

When the afternoon came, Kyu inquired that they’d go to the park. Hae held a suspicion that something with up since Kyu rarely invites going out to the park. Whenever he wanted to go there it’s either he had done something to piss his mom off or he didn’t had any interest in playing some videogames in which was one of the rarest occurrence.

 

“So…” he started off as they made their way. Kyu was obvious with the way Hae was eying him with a sharp stare, “What?” he answered back “You’re mom got pissed or something?” Kyu was confused with the question, “What…? What does that have to do with going to the park?”

 

Hae just shook his head, “Just cough it up Kyu, what’s your agenda in getting there?” Kyu finally got the message, “Nothing’s up… I just… I was… just…” he couldn’t bring the words out of his mouth. “You’re really freaking me out here” he moved one step away from him as they walked and Kyu thought that he was starting to over react.

 

“Okay, let me cut things straight here. I just want to take you to the park so you could meet that… cute girl I met” he felt shy about telling the last part. Hae raised a brow, “Okay, you’re seriously crushing at this girl” he concluded and didn’t spoke anymore.

 

“Really now, you never cease to make wonders with your theories” they then went silent at the walk towards the park just a couple of blocks from theirs.

 

When they got there Kyu’s eyes scanned the place but there weren’t any sign that she was at the place yet. “Someone’s all worked up” he gestured as he watched his friend look around like a hawk “By the way, yesterday was Friday, why were you able to see her at that time? Surely she goes to school”

 

“She had her tooth pulled yesterday so she didn’t went to school, I didn’t think she found it painful” he looked at him “She must be tough, the last time I heard a kid cried like a new born when his tooth got pulled” looming his eyes on Kyu “Hey, the anaesthesia wore off right after it got pulled!” he defended.

 

“But still, compared to the broken leg you got days ago, the pulled out tooth was less of a torment” he continued to tease, “Why don’t I show you how it really feels to make things even~” he was about to grab him and Hae was at the midst of getting away but Kyu stopped at the middle. “What’s wrong? Afraid you’d lose your teeth instead of mine?”

 

“It’s her” he stared straight through Hae, “Who?” he turned to where he was face; he looked around until his eyes landed on the young girl making her way. “She does look good” he told himself, “Is that her?” he asked the younger “Yeah, she is”

 

“I never thought a girl could shut down a crazed kid like you” Kyu ignored his tease, “Better get ready, she’s getting close” with that Kyu somewhat broke from a trance and started panicking. “What… what do we do?” he hysterically asked “We should paint the concrete road yellow so she could make it to the wizard of Oz in no time, of course pull yourself together and act like a normal kid” Kyu hissed and calmed a bit.

 

“Geez, next thing you know, you’re going to go running away from her once she gets a foot close to you” Kyu frowned but didn’t spoke; they didn’t noticed that she was right there. “Hello Kyuhyun” she greeted in her soft and tender voice where Kyu felt life melting once more, just like yesterday, he thought to himself.

 

Hae turned and smiled, “Oh… are you a friend of his?” she questioned Hae, “Yeah, my name’s Donghae” he extended his hand for a handshake; she willingly complied by extending hers. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, my name’s Seo Joo Hyun but you can call me Seohyun for short” she smiled charmingly “Pleasures all mine” smiling back at the sweet girl.

 

Kyu broke the greetings with clearing his throat, “Yeah, that’s nice. So…” moving the conversation from the greetings, “Let’s go at playground and goof around, or…” he looked at the two before continuing “You prefer to get to know each other more?” they both giggled in unison.

 

“No need to get defensive in stuff, I’m a go with fun stuff asides from Mr Boredom here” he pointed out and earned a sharp glare from Kyu but a sweet laughter with Seohyun. “You guys crack me up” she then composed herself.

 

They did enjoy playing around, chasing each other, going along with hide and seek and some monkey bars to get some challenge. Hae found Kyu’s words about her real, she was fun with are with and she was gorgeous but he didn’t hold the same googly feeling as Kyu did. He thought that it’s Kyu’s feelings and not his so he shouldn’t compare.

 

When Hae thought that he should’ve just dropped Kyu off their place and head onto theirs but Kyu stopped him; he held a quizzical look at the younger kid “Can you sleep over? There’s no school tomorrow… if that’s fine with you?” he meekly asked. “I’ll get to see you again tomorrow so don’t get worked up about me sleeping over” he kid.

 

Kyu wasn’t laughing, he was dead serious “You said you’d be there for me when I asked” Hae jutted his lips, “I never thought you’d use that in an instance” he snickered and Kyu smiled, “So that’s yes, get inside” he ordered and Hae didn’t resist

 

Yeah, Kyu was right… she is cute and very kind” he told himself as Kyu pulled him inside the house eagerly, it was a side that Kyu rarely showed. A smile bloomed at seeing how he acted, for him it was something he’ll easily get used to and would always adore.