Interactions

Between None and Gone

“Kim Seokjin. I know that you are the smartest student in the class. But if you are not listening, please at least keep your eyes open during my class.”

Jin just groaned as he straightened his position and nodded. He wasn’t the type who would sleep on the class—well, he had some respect toward knowledge—but sleep was the first thing he needed now since he barely slept yesterday because he worked on Teacher Jung’s papers as she assigned him to helped her correcting Biology Exam from second year. The life of teacher’s pet, huh? But weirdly, Jin enjoyed it. He could be a kingka if he wanted to, since he had everything to become one. But he decided to be a nerdy teacher’s pet instead, despite the rebellious remark that teacher gave him. Well, he had reason.

“Class dismissed. I am sorry for cutting your break-time,” Teacher Shin said as he packed the book to his bag, “Oh, Yoon Hayoung, can you help me to bring this to my table?”

“I am sorry Sir, but I have a cheerleaders meeting and it is going already now. Can you ask Jin instead? He must be free.”

As expected, Jin thought as he got up from his chair. “I will just bring it for you, Sir.”

He walked beside Teacher Shin as they made their way to teacher’s room. After put the books on his table, Jin was about to leave and grab his lunch. But it seemed like Teacher Shin had something to tell him. “You know that our school always holds a science Olympiad every year, right?” he asked as Jin nodded in answer. Seoul High Science Olympiad, who didn’t know that. “And you know that the student with highest rank will have chance to be the leader, just like the other years.”

Jin knew where this conversation was going.

“As you know, along with Hayoung, your grade is the highest in your year. So that’s why, I choose you as the leader of this year’s event.”

“I am sorry Sir, but I think Hayoung is better—“

Teacher Shin coughed as he cut his sentence off, “I don’t hear any objection. Just submit me the names in three days and make sure we gain more than last year. Oh, and this school doesn’t tolerate your hair and uniform.”

He just rolled his eyes as he walked out from the room and headed to cafeteria. This was the worst part of being teacher’s pet—and the smartest student, that teacher would think that he was capable in doing many things. But being leader and needed to deal with people were just not him—especially dealing with those kingkas, like now.

Screams could be heard from meters away when he was walking to the cafeteria. And just like he expected, girls were drooling over five kingkas that ruled the school. Oh, and there he was, the school’s prince that just gave everyone polite smile. His mistake yesterday still pissed Jin off, since he looked so irresponsible by not putting the book back to the shelf.

“Seokjin Hyung.”

He turned to a tall boy with black hair who was waving a sandwich bag at him from his table. Jin formed a small smile before approached him and snatched the sandwich bag from the boy. “Ssup Namjoon,” he greeted as he took a bit bite of Namjoon’s tuna sandwich, “Hm. Did Karin make it for you?”

“It is for you, actually. She really made it for you. Guess Karin really like you, Hyung,” Namjoon said as he took the last sip of his canned milk. Karin was Namjoon’s childhood friend that lived near them, and the rumors said that she liked Jin for a while. “Anyway Hyung, it takes you a while today. What happened? You weren’t getting scolded because of your hair and uniform, right?”

“Seoul High Science Olympiad,” Jin answered in tired tone. Really, even the thought about the Olympiad made Jin tired already. “I am the leader, and I need to have the staff in three days.”

Namjoon almost spitted his sandwich when he heard it. Jin had no intention on became the leader, but the younger boy knew it better that the school always chose the leader based on their score. If you got the highest score, then the leader place was served for you. “I told you, Hyung. Don’t be too serious on your study—at least not in the first semester in your last year.”

“You know that I didn’t even study for the half-semester test because I know this will happen.”

“Alright, Hyung,” he tapped the elder’s shoulder, “I will help you to gather people. How many people do you need?”

“Hm. Maybe around twenty or thirty.”

“You can believe in me, then, my anti-social Hyung.”

And well, Jin really could believe in him. Two days passed, and Namjoon could bring around fifteen people that wanted to be the staff for this big event, while he just got three. There were twenty people in total—including him and Namjoon—and Jin just realized that he needed two or three people more when he finished the structure.

 

 

 

Jeongguk just nodded along the conversation on the table. He had no mood in talking today, at least not after those girls pretended that there were not any seat left and asked whether they could sit with him today or not. But the boy knew it better, that they were lying since he could spot many empty spot in the room. He didn’t mind it to sit with girls, but he hated girls who lied.

“You’ve been so quiet these days.” Taehyung’s voice made him startled and almost dropped the chopstick on his hands. He just looked at the older who grinned at him as he poked his left arm. “Come on tell me. Is it love problem?”

Jeongguk didn’t reply. He just stared at his food blankly and let Taehyung assumed things that he wanted. The truth was, Jeongguk felt uneasy since he didn’t see Jin everywhere these days. His favorite spot in the library was empty and he didn’t see his brunette hair anywhere in the school. And he knew that there was a way to see him—or perhaps getting closer with him, a once in a lifetime chance.

“I am off to class guys. Lunch break is almost over.”

Sekyung—one of the girl—pouted as she talked in her whiny voice, “But Jeonggukie, can you stay a bit more? I am not even done with my food.”

Smile, Jeongguk mentally told himself. Well, this was the sad life of school’s prince—he needed to be polite and nice to everyone without caring about what he actually felt. He often mentally cursed people who gave him the title few months after he admitted to the school. “I am sorry, Noona. I need to go.”

School ended faster than it usually did today, since teachers said that they would have a big meeting going on with government today. And today, he was going to try it again. Jeongguk made his way to library as he replied people with a polite smile, just like he usually did. His step stopped when he was stepped on the third floor where the library located. Jin’s class was right beside the library and he could hear the noise that came from the room before Teacher Shin came out from the class.

Suddenly he felt an arm wrapped around his shoulder and found Jimin smiled at him, “Hyung, what are you doing?”

“You’re coming to library too often, you know?”

“I need to finish some business, Hyung? I will hang out with you afterward. How it sounds?”

But Jimin didn’t hear. Jeongguk continued his steps to library and yet Jimin still bugged him. The younger boy got irritated until the point when he didn’t pay attention to his surroundings since he was too busy to kept Jimin away from him—he didn’t want him to know. “Hyung. I told you—“

Bruk.

“I am sorry,” Jeongguk said once he realized about what happened as he bent down and picked up the book. He faced the student that bumped into him, but as soon as he did, he looked back on the floor. It was him. His brunette hair was shining due to the light and his uniform was as messy as usual. “I really didn’t mean it. I am sorry, Jin Sunbae. I hope I don’t ruin your book.”

“At least you apologized,” Jin replied coldly. The book that he dropped before was the newest edition, and he worked hard to gather money for that book. But again, at least the younger boy apologized. Even though Jin wasn’t sure whether he apologized because he felt guilty or because he was the prince who didn’t want to ruin his perfect image.

 “Jin Sunbae,” Jeongguk called him again when the elder was about to went downstairs, “Congratulations. I heard that you’re the leader for Seoul High Science Olympiad this year.”

“Thank you.”

“And Sunbae,” he called the elder again. This was now or never, Jeongguk thought as he gathered all his guts to speak to the elder who gave him a questioning look. “I was wondering if I can join as a staff for the event.”

Jin looked at Jeongguk, his mind was thinking whether the younger was serious with his question. Being staff wasn’t an easy job, and he didn’t want the event preparation was being disturbed by girls who came only to see Jeongguk. But then, his mind went to think that the event could get more participants if Jeongguk helped him to promote it. Plus, he really needed one more student. “Alright, then. I will write down your name. You came in right time, though, I am about to submit the paper to Teacher Shin. I will call you later,” Jin said as he went downstairs to the teacher’s room. Maybe Jeon Jeongguk was annoying because he was a kingka and he made girls became louder than they already were everyday, but he thought that maybe he wasn’t that bad. 

 

 

 

A/N:

Chapter two! Thank you for all the comments and subs, hope you like the chapter. Ideas are welcomed as well as comments and chat :) 

Feel free to wall me, pm me, or mention me on twitter @jeihopes if you want to have some talk.

Oh, have you heard the news? 

The boys won a GDA award and they are going to release a mini-album on february! 

Have a good day everyone~