Be My Mom...

Hatred & Love

I looked up at Siwon's wet face. I couldn't take it anymore. He was dazed and confused, I can tell. I don't know why but I was angry. Angry and embarrassed. I felt . So I ran. I ran fastest as I can, to nowhere.Only Sunny and Siwon found out about Yuri and my relationship and yet, it felt like EVERYONE knew. I felt so revealed!

I didn't turn to see but I just knew Siwon wasn't following me. He must be so shocked. I thought.

I was SOAKED in rain and sweat and tears. I ran so fast, too fast that rain hurt my eyes and I couldn't open them. But my eyes were nothing. My whole body, especially my heart ached so bad...Rain and wind felt like pebbles and needles against my sensitive skin.

Finally, after a minute or two of bitter running, I stopped to take hard breaths and clutch my heart. The cold air hurt my lungs and the cold truth hurt my heart. I breathed hard, huffing and puffing, and whimpered as I bawled. Then I heard breaths even in between my breaths.

Am I crazy? Have I really lost my mind this time? Am I hearing things? I thought, swallowing between breaths.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't know why I followed Yoona but the moment she began to run, I ran after her because my heart and body told me to. In that moment I started to run, I didn't care if anyone saw me behind a big old oak tree, wet and messy, knuckles bleeding nastily. I couldn't think. I didn't think.

Yoona, please stop running! I thought, getting tired.

Then right as Yoona stopped running, I grew into panick.

What will I say to her once she turns around? That I missed her? NO WAY I can say that!!! What do I do?!?

Right then, Yoona turned around mid-way, slowly looking back. I gasped in my mind and my instincts reacted--I ran away.

Oh no, I swear, she saw me!!!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Who are you?!?" Yoona yelled into the rain. The person was wearing strong flowery perfume so Yoona knew she was a girl. But the girl ran away before she can see the girl's face.

Yoona, then, was left with loneliness again. She calmed down, her breaths turning normal. The cold suddenly became realizable and she was shivering with extreme cold. She began to sneeze and sniff.

"Yuri is my sister." Yoona tried to say it casually and matter-of-factly. She wanted to make it stick to and brain and heart so that she won't run away from it again. "She is my fraternal twin. She doesn't hate me at all. She is the girl I've known ever since we were born." She contunued and sighed. "Mom was arrested. Yuri and I came to the orphanage together. She's my sister who I knew ever since we were born." She repeated. But she burst out crying. She just couldn't control her tears...

Her cries became gasps and she had to crouch over and clutch her heart to lesson her triumphant pain. She sobbed in that position for almost two hours in the rain.

Finally, her tears dried out and couldn't cry anymore. She felt numb and depressed.

"Do I...Do I really know her anymore?" She sobbed without tears. "Maybe I only knew her until we were 14. The day when mom and us parted, Yuri and her normal self parted..." She cried and whimpered in her mind.

Yuri...She used to be the bold, sweet girl who only cared for Yoona. Yoona was the only person that Yuri openly loved and cared for. And Yoona was SURE that Yuri was fond of her mother too, secretly...but why was Yuri like this?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"No Yuri, you can't grow weak into Yoona! YOu have no family anymore, you have no sisters!" Yuri tried to convince herself. But it failed and she got angry with herself. "You're an orphan with no family, goddammit!"

"What are you talking about?" She heard a guy voice from behind. She turned around. "Siwon oppa!"

"Hey." Obviously, he was sulking. "So what were you saying?" He asked half-heartedly.

"You're all wet!" Yuri worried and tried to wipe his face with her sleeve. But she did no help since her sleeves were wet too.

"You're all wet too." Siwon slightly smiled.

"But I'm okay. You look definitely not." She looked around, inside the orphanage hall, for any dry cloth. Then SIwon caught sight of Yuri's bloody hand.

"What happened to your hand?" SIwon held her hand and she cringed in pain. She quickly fake-laughed.

"Oh, it's nothing. I just accidently fell." She lied. SIwon could tell but he didn't argue, for he saw Yuri chasing Yoona earlier.

"Let's get you to the nurse. You don't want that infected." Yuri didn't refuse because she didn't want it infected either. It was already so painful.

They were sitting on the soft chairs at the nurse's office. The room was quiet and warm.

Siwon was going to start a conversation but Yuri stopped him. She suddenly felt anger towards Siwon, remembering what happened earlier. She remembered that Siwon only liked Yoona.

"I'm gonna go now, okay? Bye." She coldly said and left. SIwon just sat there, dumbfounded and depressed.

Yuri's hand was now wrapped in a soft cloth-cast, safe and sound. Her hand still throbbed in pain but it was better than before, thanks to the nurse. Her heart didn't hurt as much either because she squeezed and buried her sad feelings in her already-heavy heart. Without a thought, she power-walked to Bibi's office.

"Hey Bibi." She said, not so jokingly anymore. She plopped on the seat in front of Bibi. For the first time after Yuri's first day here, Bibi gave her a sympathetic look.

"What's up with you?" Bibi worried. Yuri didn't look up.

"When will I get adopted? When will I leave this dump?" Yuri sighed. She expected Bibi to yell at her or scold her for being rude by calling this place a dump, but instead, Bibi just stood up to come to her and pat her back.

"You will leave this 'dump' very soon. If late, next week. If early, two days from now." Bibi smiled. Yuri immediately felt bad for calling this place a dump.

"Yuri," Bibi crouched down next to Yuri who was looking at her cast to avoid eye contact. "I'm gonna miss you. And I want you to know that I never hated you. Nobody really HATES you here. THey're just afraid of you." She shook Yuri's shoulders encouragingly. "I'm really gonna miss you....And I'm........really sorry I have been a very bad foster mother. People call me principal but I'm your foster mother, really......And since you think of this place as a dump and you are very bitter, I realize that I have been such a bad mother to you....Forgive me, Yuri, if you can. It's all my fault that you are in this spot right now..." Bibi's voice cracked. Yuri widened her eyes and looked at Bibi's face for the first time since she's came into the office, shocked. She has never seen Bibi be so emotional!

"I..." Yuri's voice cracked too. She was about to cry. She quickly looked down again and let her hair cover her face. She didn't want her tears to be revealed.

"I'm so sorry, Yuri, honey!" Bibi sobbed.

Then Yuri began to sob too. Somehow, Bibi reminded her of Jongwook...her mother. It felt like her real mom was speaking to her and yet....it felt like Bibi was speaking to her. It was as if they are the same person.

"Yuri, you have all the right to shun me...All the right to hit me....Hit me, Yuri. Shun me! I did all wrongs!!!" Bibiana grabbed Yuri's casted hand. Her hand hurt but her heart hurt more than ever to realize any physical pain.

"Bibi...Bibiana...." Yuri took a deep, shaky breath. "I....Don't say that. I l-love this place....I really do, Bibiana. Please don't tell me to hit you. Please!"

Bibiana gasped, pleased but embarrassed. "I don't deserve this...I don't.......I don't! I tried to take your new family away from you! I tried to discourage them into adopting you! A-and I was angry at you when you tried to get adopted by a rich family! But it was my wrongdoing because you DESERVE a rich, wealthy family! You deserve it and yet I tried to take that away from you! Who doesn't want a rich family??? I'm so sorry, my love!"