two more drabbles for you

All You Need is Love

 

come back home wc:846 (Woohyun is a soldier and Sunggyu waits for him to come back home) (thank you visinel for the prompt i enjoyed writing it and i hope it is satisfactory).

 

Sunggyu isn’t counting, not really, but it’s been one year and a bit since Sunggyu last saw Woohyun, four-hundred and seven days since Woohyun smiled at him and told him he’d be back in no time and Sunggyu had to take care of himself, nine-thousand-seven-hundred and sixty-eight hours since Sunggyu pulled him close and kissed him senseless because it may have been the last time.

 

Sunggyu doesn’t like to hear about the war and yet that is all he thinks about. Because he doesn’t know, he doesn’t see what’s going on, just hears rumours and baseless stories and it’s killing him. He doesn’t know if Woohyun is safe or if he’s alive and even though he hasn’t received any sort of letter since Woohyun’s last one four months ago, it means nothing because the postal service is awful during times of war. He’s blind and he hates how weak he is.

 

Sunggyu isn’t a soldier, can’t fight because he’s needed at home, but Woohyun is perfect for the role; young and strong and full of spirit. Woohyun is perfect so he’s on some other ground underneath some other sky, seeing things no man should see, living nightmares that should never have made it past the subconscious. And Sunggyu is waiting.

 

 

The war ended days ago, Sunggyu has lost count, and he doesn’t know if Woohyun is coming home. Sometimes he expects the door to burst open at four o’clock in the afternoon and Woohyun to come in and tell Sunggyu about his day, curl up beside him and run his fingers through Sunggyu’s hair. But the door remains shut, silent, and there’s no one to kiss Sunggyu’s nose and tell him they’ve been waiting all day just to hold Sunggyu.

 

It’s sunny outside and soldiers are returning home slowly. Yesterday it was his neighbour, a few days before it was one of his co-workers. The war is over, their nation victorious, and Sunggyu is left each day looking out his window, looking for a head of dark hair to be walking up the path to their old farmhouse. They have a dog, a loyal chocolate lab named Rebel, and he sits with Sunggyu by the window every day. It’s comforting, the dog reminds him of Woohyun, and he absentmindedly Rebel’s head.

 

Sunggyu decides he’ll make tea, something he wonders if he’ll drown himself in, and he hums some tune he heard in a dingy pub a few nights ago. The kitchen is quiet, Rebel is sleeping by the front door, and Sunggyu doesn’t dare let his mind wander. He doesn’t dare think about arms wrapping around his waist from behind, or lips whispering lovely nothings into his ear, or fingers exploring porcelain skin and digging into spots that make him shudder. But he does, he thinks about the way Woohyun likes to mouth along his jaw, leave butterfly kisses down the ladder of his ribs, pepper kisses up his arm and then whisper love against his lips before he kisses him until Sunggyu is breathless and dazed.

 

The kettle screams, Rebel barks, and Sunggyu wonders how long he’s been staring at nothing. He quickly takes the kettle and pours it into a cup before he dips in a tea bag and then walks to the front door. “Rebel, shush,” he tries but the dog is excited and he’s clawing at the door. Sunggyu opens it, maybe it’s a squirrel or a bird or some cat, and Rebel runs out.

 

“Missed me?”

 

Sunggyu thinks that he might be dreaming because Woohyun, clad in uniform, is standing at the landing of the stairs of their porch, heavy rucksack hanging around his shoulders, wide smile stretching to both ears. He drops his bag on the ground next to him and squats down to pet Rebel fondly. Sunggyu stands frozen and he won’t admit it but there are tears in his eyes and his vision starts to go blurry. But he can see Woohyun look up, directly at him, and he stands with his arms spread wide. “So did you miss me?”

 

Sunggyu finds himself breaking into a run, only taking two steps before he’s throwing his arms around Woohyun. He knocks him to the floor and Woohyun grunts when his back hits the ground roughly, but Sunggyu doesn’t care and neither does Woohyun because he kisses him like they have no tomorrow, like today is their last day. But it’s not, Sunggyu realizes, and he lets himself cry a little.

 

Sunggyu’s hands flutter gently over Woohyun’s body, like he’s making sure of Woohyun’s solidity, and Woohyun laughs, hugging Sunggyu close. “I’m real, I’m here, you’re not dreaming.”

 

Sunggyu doesn’t believe him, how can he, it’s been so long, so he pinches himself just to make sure. It stings, just a little, and he smiles uncontrollably. “You’re really here, I’m not dreaming,” Sunggyu is breathless and Woohyun just laughs some more, and then he’s brushing hair out of Sunggyu’s eyes and he’s peppering kisses all over Sunggyu’s face.

 

“I’m here,” Woohyun whispers and it’s all the confirmation Sunggyu needs.






 

stay with me wc: 720 (because tsundere sunggyu and sick woohyun makes for quite the combination)

 

“Can I have some tea?”

 

Woohyun’s milking it completely and Sunggyu would punch him if it weren’t for the fact that Woohyun is sick as a dog and there’s no one else that is willing to take care of him. Which Sunggyu is also questioning how he even ended up here at Woohyun’s house and how he is willingly dealing with Woohyun while he’s ill. But here he is, making tea for a sick adult who you would think could take care of himself, stuck inside on a beautiful Summer day. Not that Sunggyu would be outside but it’s the principle.

 

When the tea is done, Sunggyu carefully carries it to Woohyun’s bedroom. The bedroom is fairly small but Sunggyu has enough room to get around easily enough and pull up a chair beside the bed. Not that he plans to sit there. Woohyun watches him as he places the mug on the bedside table and Sunggyu sends him a glare. “Don’t look at me like that.”

 

“Like what?”

 

“Like… like–” Like you’re undressing me. It’s weird.

 

Woohyun just smiles, ever so smug, and Sunggyu heads for the door. “I’m going to take a nap. Don’t bug me.”

 

But in reality Sunggyu just doesn’t want to be in the same room as him. Maybe it’s because when he’s near Woohyun his heart starts to beat uncontrollably and he feels like he’s underwater and when Woohyun looks at him he just can’t breathe. Sunggyu doesn’t know what it is but whatever it is it annoys him and he can’t concentrate. Woohyun bothers him from the moment he wakes up to the moment he closes his eyes again and sometimes Woohyun invades even the inbetweens, the moments when Sunggyu is dreaming about books and music and a certain dark-haired best friend who Sunggyu can’t seem to stop thinking about.

 

Sunggyu counts half an hour before he finds himself creeping towards Woohyun’s bedroom door, cool cloth in hand, and he opens it very quietly. Woohyun’s sleeping on his bed, eyebrows furrowed, and he’s sweating. Feverish. Sunggyu walks over as if he’s in Mission Impossible, ridiculous looking, and he carefully brushes away Woohyun’s fringe so he can place the cloth over his forehead. Woohyun stirs and Sunggyu’s heart stops for a moment but Woohyun doesn’t wake up and he feels himself relax.

 

Sunggyu sits and he observes Woohyun carefully. His heart starts going haywire again and he curses at himself because what is wrong with him. He doesn’t really remember when this whole weird-feeling-in-his-stomach or heart-threatening-to-pound-out-of-his-chest thing started but it’s been there for a while and it is really getting on his nerves. And Woohyun is a master at getting on his nerves.

 

He stands to leave, no longer being able to take this feeling, but he freezes when he feels fingers wrap around his wrist. He looks down to see Woohyun blinking his eyes open and giving Sunggyu this look that makes his heart do flips and his cheeks heat up. “Don’t go.”

 

Sunggyu swallows. “Go back to sleep.”

 

“Stay with me?”

 

Sunggyu debates whether or not to punch Woohyun and knock him out so he can escape but there’s something stopping him and maybe he’s possessed but he’s sitting down. Woohyun hasn’t let go of his wrist, instead intertwining their fingers like lovers. “What–”

 

Woohyun shakes his head and there’s a faint smile on his face as he closes his eyes again. Sunggyu looks away, this is awful, pure torture, and he hopes that maybe he can escape once Woohyun falls asleep. And then, when he thinks it’s safe to leave, he rises to his feet. There’s a pull and suddenly he’s landing on Woohyun with an unattractive oof coming out of his mouth. Woohyun positions them so that Sunggyu is half lying on Woohyun and half on the bed, Woohyun’s arm thrown over his waist. Sunggyu thinks that maybe he has a fever now because his face is so hot and his heart is loud enough that he’s sure Woohyun can hear him. “Get off of me–”


Woohyun just holds him closer, whispering a quiet shh. Sunggyu gives up struggling a few moments later when he realizes that this is pretty comfortable and it’s not so bad and soon he finds himself snuggling just a little closer and drifting off.

 

 

 

so. two more drabbles.