Seen Through A Window



 

Winter. It was always your favourite time of year. The crisp white blankets that hug the ground, and marshmallows melting into sweet warm drinks in front of the fire. We used to share these things... do you remember?



 

With obvious self-loathing I tiptoe up to your window, the dark wood frame decorated with pristine ice tinsel... and as I gaze inside, there you are. Watching your beautiful golden curls dance as your shoulders bounce, the smile you wear warms the remnants of my broken heart.



 

Knowing that I shouldn’t, I can’t help but follow your gaze to the thing that is making you so happy... to her.



 

I don’t blame you for falling for her, those dark doe eyes are so easy to get lost in, but when you share with her the activities I used to treasure, do you ever think of me? Those chilly strolls through the first snowfall, the sharp crunch of our footsteps that always made you giggle... did they mean nothing?



 

As I watch you curl up together in front of the now roaring fire I fear my question has answered itself. I hope she makes you happy my darling, like I never could, but please... please know that I will always love you with every single shard of my heart and though now we shall forever be apart know that I think of you often.



 

I won’t be coming back here again, the knowledge of what can never be is too much for me to bear... but with this last look, I shall find peace knowing that you are happy now with Seohyun and perhaps one day I can be happy again with someone just as special.



 

Goodbye dear Hyoyeon... please, don’t forget me.