dates (i like you)

coming soon.

(jieun x jungkook)

It was 6 in the evening. The date that was supposed to be an hour ago ended up with Jieun waiting for her date for an entire sixty minutes. She had ordered two glasses of water and she was really holding the urge to pee. She didn’t want to order before her date arrived – the food might get cold. She already had this feeling that this was a bad idea. She should’ve listened to Yoongi (he said that her date was an and this ‘date’ wouldn’t end well. But stupid Jieun said it will be fine and declined when he offered to go with her as a backup plan; just in case).

Jieun is normally a calm person – she doesn’t get mad easily; she usually understands when people messed up sometimes; she’s the type of person who instead of telling her friends to rip their boyfriend’s head off when they break up with them, she will tell them to forgive and forget. Sometimes, Jieun is a little bit like a grandma.

Jieun doesn’t like the feeling of anger, or any negativity at that matter. But when the other customers in the cafe (also, the workers) glanced at her more than a few times, she knew they were throwing pity looks. She couldn’t stand it. She wanted to call her date (not that she hasn’t for the past hour, it just went to voicemail) and yell at him for ditching her and maybe ask for her friends to go sabotage his house or something. She didn’t think it would make her satisfied but at least he would know not to bail out on her. Rude.

She grabbed her phone and purse before standing up from her seat. But just as she stepped away, a voice startled her.

“Hey, I’m sorry I’m late. Traffic was madness.”

A boy, with his black hair swept to the side, approached her with a smile. No, this is not her date. Jieun furrowed her brows when they came face to face. The boy must have saw her look of confusion and he immediately pull her into a hug, sliding his arms around her waist.

Jieun gasped at the closeness. What is happening?

“I’m Jungkook, just roll with it yeah?”

“Huh?” she still couldn’t understand what the hell this was about but she wrapped her hands around his neck hesitantly. “Oh, alright.”

She wasn’t supposed to hug someone in public for this long (not to mention with a stranger), but it was kind of comforting. Maybe because she was ditched just moments ago.

“Let’s sit down.” She said to this Jungkook. “I’m Jieun by the way,” she whispered.

“Oh, right. Yeah sure.”

Once seated, she kept a smile on her face but couldn’t help asking, “What was that about?”

Jungkook shrugged, looking down at the menu. “Whoever didn’t bother to show up was a .”

She didn’t expected that so she laughed out loud and had her hand covered . “So you decided to pretend to be my date, instead.” She shook her head, “this is not what I expected today.”

“But hey, at least you get to leave this place with your stomach full.” He said, “come on, you can pick anything. Even the most expensive.”

“Really?” Jieun questioned.

“Yeah, I work here so like I can talk to the owner about this.” He smiled and she thought he was the cutest ever with his bunny teeth. “Besides, I’m sure Seokjin hyung wouldn’t mind treating a pretty girl.”

“Oh my god!” she laughed and she could feel her cheeks growing hot.

“Eyy, you’re blushing.” He chuckled, “Cute.”

And so, they actually ordered the most expensive dish and the most expensive drink and the most expensive dessert (well, it wasn’t that expensive). They talked about mostly everything – from talking trash about the supposed date to music they listened to and continued to the books they’ve read to things they like to do in their free time (although it was mostly them debating over little topics because apparently they don’t always share the same opinion; except Big Bang, they both love that group).

“But seriously, G-Dragon is a musical genius!” Jungkook said.

“Agree.” Jieun sipped on her milkshake, “But Taeyang’s vocals though. Like it was made from heaven, I swear to god.”

They continued talking about random things as they picked on the bread in front of them, until they’ve reached personal information. Somehow they never knew each other’s ages and it was Jungkook who accidently gave the hint away.

“When I get to collage – “

“Wait,” Jieun sat up staright. “You’re not in collage?”

“No.” Jungkook shook his head cautiously, “did you think I was?”

“Of course I did! You looked… grown up, I guess.” Jieun said reached for her drink. “Do you know I’m a college student?”

“I know,” he said.

“How?”

Jungkook all of a sudden coughed loudly and his face were red and so were his ears. He avoided Jieun’s eyes as she gave him his water and he gulped it like he haven’t drank for a few days.

“You okay, Jungkook?” she asked, her hands touched his shoulder lightly.

The redness from his face didn’t go away.

“Yeah I’m fine.” He said after inhaling for a few seconds. “I was just, umm..”

“What?”

Jungkook took a deep breath and said something she couldn’t hear. But then he looked her in the eyes and though he knew he’s still blushing, he gathered up all of his courage.

“I knew you were a college student, even before today.” Jungkook said and that made Jieun furrowed her brows. “I worked here remember? I knew you always order black coffee and sit at that corner with your laptop and you’re always writing things.” He pointed at the red couch near the bookshelf of the café. “I also know you go to that collage and you have a friend name Yoongi, who is also my friend; kind of.”

“Oh,” she muttered. Honestly, she didn’t know how to react. It was cute (hundred percent cute that someone as cute as him noticed her) but she never had someone who took note of her details besides her close friends.

“Yeah, awkward right?”

“No, that was not what I was going to say.” She chuckled. “You’re cute.”

Jungkook could not get any redder than he was now. “Umm, we have four years difference I think.”

“Oh, wow.”

“Yea – “

“Hi guys, sorry to interrupt your little date.” A girl with a bun in a waitress suit said smiling before turning to Jungkook, “your shift is starting soon.”

Jungkook nodded and Jieun took that as her cue to leave. She took out her purse but Jungkook stopped her, “I told you it’s on me.”

“How about half-half? I feel bad, you’re working obviously because you need the money and who am I to –“ Jieun was interrupted by a finger on her lips and Jungkook was standing close in front of her. He was so tall that he literally tower over her. Even if she wore heels and stood on a little stage, she doesn’t think she would surpassed (or even the same as) his height.

If the fact that he was close like he was when they hugged at the beginning of the date didn’t made her blush, the smile she saw on his face definitely did. Well, he’s smirking actually.

“I worked because I was bored.” He told her, “Besides, I think I can persuade Seokjin hyung for a free meal.” He said.

“Fine then.”

Jieun took her phone and her purse in her hand and started walking to the door. But she turned around and hugged Jungkook with one arm as she say, “Thanks for today.” She flashed him a smile (and Jungkook’s heart had a failure trying to keep up with the fast beating).

“Yeah, no problem.”

Jieun walked out the café door and pulled out her phone, planning to tell Yoongi everything that happened today. Her phone was flooded with missed calls and messages, even DMs from Twitter. Most of them are from Yoongi, and a part of them were from Sunyoung. She decided to just text Yoongi she’s alright and call Sunyoung to talk to. If she told this to Yoongi on the phone, he would either go find her supposed date and beat him up or find Jungkook and interrogate him. Both sounded like a bad idea.

But before she could dial Sunyoung’s number, Jungkook was calling name and running towards her.

“I don’t think you get this clear. I like you, like really like you.” He said, a little bit out of breath. “And I wanted to ask you out, this time for real.”

If Jieun could squealed and not embarrass herself, she would. But she’s a calm person. Take it cool.

“Are you comfortable with me being like four years older than you?” she asked (because Jieun was very insecure about a lot of things and her age difference with someone was one of them).

“If I wasn’t, I wouldn’t have a crush on you. Would I?” he smirked and cocked his eyebrows. This little . If he wasn’t so cute she would punch him in the face. But she wouldn’t want his face to bruise.

“Shut up.”

“Then can I take you on a date?”

“Well, if you insist..” she rolled her eyes as he laughed before reaching for her phone in her hand. He typed in something and gave to her, smiling cheekily.

“I’ll call you.” He said, starting to walk backwards.

“You don’t even have my number.”

“Oh, I have it.”

“Creep!” she chuckled as he ran all the way back to the café, laughing and turning to her a few times. Jieun waved, and went on her way.

She couldn’t keep her giddiness. Maybe today wasn’t bad at all.

 

 

 

(That night at her shared dorm with Sunyoung, Jungkook called her and they talked until 3am. But they both told each other to go to sleep because both of them have classes tomorrow. Although Jungkook was clingy saying how he wants to talk to her more (never mind, she said to herself, he’s kind of cute like this).

And eventually they went on a date two days after the first call. Then they went on another one, and another one, and another one. Until the news of them dating (not really) came to Yoongi’s ears and he went to the café and interrogate Jungkook and saying stuff like killing him if the boy ever hurt his friend.

After a month of going out on dates, they finally had the talk about being official boyfriend and girlfriend (as Jungkook put it) and things pretty much went on as usual.

One thing that Jieun realized was that, Jungkook really likes taking her out on dates. He never ran out of ideas. Jieun actually had to tell him to take things slowly because she wanted them to go on like this for a long time and she didn’t want him to get tired and bored of her that quickly.

To which Jungkook pulled her to sit on his lap and kissed her, saying, “That’s not going to happen anytime soon.”)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

notes; i dont know what i wrote, i just know i wanted to post something before this year ends. forgive me for this crap (not proofread)