"You-er."

"When did you realize you fell in love with me?"

My head was on Myungsoo’s lap as we sat on the couch, watching TV. Well, he was watching the Sherlock re-runs on the screen, I was blatantly staring at his face.

“I can see you, you know,” he suddenly mutters, flicking at my nose playfully.

I had this huge grin on my face. “Yes, Myungsoo, I know, you can’t keep your hands offa me.”

Sunggyu who was sitting beside us and had Dongwoo on his lap, broke away from cuddling his wife for a bit to say, “Oh god guys, stop being so cheesy, will you?”

I looked at him pointedly. “You’re the one who’s been whispering sweet ty nothings to Dongwoo and poking noses at each other’s wind pipes for the past hour. I’m the one who has the right to barf in my mouth.”

Dongwoo ignored us. “Can we take this to the bedroom?”

“Woohyun’s there.”

“I don’t care.”

I watched the both of them saunter to their shared bedroom with Woohyun, not able to keep their grabby hands of off each other in the few feet that separates the living room from their bedroom. “Ugh, they make me have a toothache.”

“I actually think it’s sweet.”

Hence the toothache.”

Myungsoo only grins at me and gives me this little shake of the head, his hair swishing. I mentally punch myself in the face for noticing his hair swishing.

The show fades into a commercial and Myungsoo lets out a groan of disappointment, mumbling “ing cliff-hangers” and shuts off the telly.

We sit in silence for a short while. Him spacing out like he always does, and me gazing at him for too long.

“Hey, Myungsoo…”

“Yeah?” he responds in acknowledgement.

“How fast – do you think – that you fall in love?”

He was silent for a beat but then said, “Well…depends, I guess.”

My eyebrows scrunch up. “What does that mean?”

“You can fall in love with a person instantaneously, from just a single look or single smile or a single conversation. You can fall in love slowly, when you learn about their bits and pieces and ways. It depends, really, on a person,” he pauses and looks at me expectantly, “what do you think?”

“I think…I think…that sometimes you never know that you’re in love.”

Myungsoo laughs when the words tumble out of my mouth. “Only an idiot would do that.”

“Well then I guess I am one.”

“You’ve always been one.”

“Shut up. I mean – remember that phase when I ignored you? For, like, ages?”

He nods, slowly.

“That’s when, when I realized I had gone bonkers for you.”

Myungsoo smirks at this. “That’s one way to put it.”

I punch his stomach lightly. “I’m serious!” I say. “I – I was so, so confused. You had cracked some lame joke that day, and I turned to look at you, to give you a smack on the head and tell you how stupid of a joke that was, but then – then I realized.”

He stayed silent, continuing to listen.

“It was hard when I finally realized it, y’know? Every glance, every touch, just makes my heart beat madly, and I feel like I’m suffocating whenever I stand near you…at first, I was scared you wouldn’t reciprocate my feelings. Maybe that’s why I pushed all the muddling thoughts away – because I was a ing coward.”

“…”

I force out a laugh. “It was like some overly clichéd chick flick. And I was the girl. Hah, ew. Worse is, I treated you like after that and I am so, so, so sorry, Myungsoo. For treating you like crap. I can’t believe you even, like, like-like me in that way. I’m a complete fool but I love you and – and –”

I’m on the verge of tears now and Myungsoo – being the disgusting sap he is – places me on his lap and coos at me. “It’s ok. It’s ok. We’re together now. And I love you too.” He places sweet little kisses all over my neck and cheeks and my lips.

“How did it turn out like this? Why do you like me, Myungsoo?” Is it my awesome good looks or…?”

“Oh, don’t tell me you’re turning into another Woohyun. We have to deal with enough with the one.”

“I’m serious.”

He takes his time answering, twirling a strand of my hair in his fingers. Finally, after a whole century passes over, he says, “You know I read a poem once.”

I groan at the sudden literary reference. “Oh god – Myungsoo, you know I don’t ing read.”

“Oh, hush, don’t interrupt your boyfriend when he’s speaking,” he reprimands me, tapping me on the nose. “I recall a poem – on second thought, I don’t really recall it; it just said something about how that person was true to his/herself…” he drifts off.

I look at him expectantly. “And...?”

He shrugs. “That’s pretty much it really.”

“What the , man?”

“Just messing with you, dummy,” he giggles, “I like you because you are you because there’s no one else you-er. And that is just the way I like my Sungyeols.”

I stare at him, restraining myself from punching him in the face. He looked so smug, being the cheesy dip he is. “Ugh, why did I even fall for you?” I ask myself loudly as I grab Myungsooand kiss his face off.

Woohyun comes into the living room and just looks at us, practically giving off waves of exasperation. “Hoya’s ing Sungjong in their room and Sunggyu and Dongwoo is discussing baby names in theirs. You damn ing lot make me feel so single,” he mutters, walking away.


A/N: I see no plot in this. And I have no idea why I wrote it. Sorry for wasting your time. 

P.S I got the "you-er" thing from Bo Burnham's Egghead.