The Garden

Meet Me In The Garden

“Meet me in the garden.

-Taekwoon”

His heart sped up as he read the little note, anticipating the surprise his usually mysterious and ever so silent boyfriend had for him. He eagerly got up from his bed, pulled on an elaborate silk blue hanbok robe and quickly fixed his messy blonde hair.

“You look good enough, now leave this room Jaehwan before Taekwoon gets up and leaves.” N growled, his head sticking out from behind the door. Ken smiled vigorously and ran out the same door into the hallway. He practically skipped down the hallway of the palace and made a left, the back screens of the sun room slightly open for him to slip through.

 

Ken stepped outside and searched the gardens for his beloved prince, panicking a bit in the inside, thinking to himself that he must’ve been a bit too late. He sighed in relief when he spotted his raven haired prince tending over a rose garden.

He walked towards him, the wind picking up slightly and the the bitterness of the cold began to seep in.

 

“Jaehwan.” a soft, honey like voice called out his name.

“Taekwoon.” Ken whispered, his heart beat erratic and smile ecstatic.

“Walk with me.” Leo murmured, extending his long, piano fingers towards his lover. They touched hands, and proceeded to walk through the garden, their silence comfortable, speaking in a thousand ways in which their words could never reach.

 

“Is there anything bothering you, Jaehwan?” Leo asked, his eyes gazing at him intensely, his hand warm and comforting against his. He knew his prince well, he’s noticed his strained laughs and fake smiles all week.

“You know me so well, Leo..” Ken smiled fondly, bringing their hands up to cup it against his face. Leo watched silently, his gaze full of

wonder and love, worry and tender care.

 

“I’m just worried I won’t be what you have wished for..” he whispered, droplets of water began to dance upon them.

Leo looked at him, his eyes screaming out questions his lips could never form. The rain began to pick up a bit, rolling down their faces. Ken’s gaze fell on to the pathway they were currently standing on, his eyes b with tears.

 

“Jaehwan.” that same honey like voice called out. He didn’t look up. The rain was now plummeting the earth with the desperation Ken felt. Leo’s hand reached underneath his chin, lifted ever so gently as if it were the most fragile thing in the world, and made eye contact with him. Soft, tender lips brushed against his cold ones, warmth radiating from him. Leo leaned into his prince’s ear and whispered,

“You’re perfect, Jaehwan.”