The sequel

An Unrequited Love

A/N: As so many of you requested it, here you go. I really hope you enjoy it <3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“And 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3-TAEMIN!” Suddenly, my head snapped up and met the eyes of a very angry instructor. “This is the 3rd time in a row this has happened, is something bothering you because you usually never have this much trouble with the dance moves.” He crossed him arms and patiently waited for a response.
“I-I uh…” My words fell out in embarrassment and instead of continuing my sentence, I hung my head and looked at the ground.
“Well?” The instructor took a step towards me when a dark shadow crossed my path, standing in front of me.
“I think we just need a break. Nae, Taemin-ah?” The kind leader turned to look at me with a sympathetic smile and I silently thanked him for saving me. I nodded my head earning a huff from the instructor.
“Fine, you have ten minutes… I expect better when I come back Taemin.” He scowled and stomped from the dance hall, slamming the door behind him. I heard several sighs of relief and watched as Jinki and Kibum dropped to the ground, stretching their legs out.
“Yah, I’m kind of happy we stopped… I thought my arms were going to fly off.” Jinki laughed.
“Mmm… what’s the matter Taemin? It is quite an easy step s-“ Jonghyun began but was quickly silenced by Kibum who pinched his leg. Letting out a screech, the two started bickering leaving me in silence.

 I snuck a look over at Minho who was staring off into the distance, sipping from his water bottle. Sensing my gaze, he looked over to me and gave me a smile. In an instant, my face felt on fire and my heart sped up. Dropping my eyes, I looked at the floor and began scuffing it with my shoe.  The thing was that we had began learning the steps to our new song everybody and there was this part were Minho was directly behind me; his hips pressed to my back, arms securely on my waist, breath on my ear as we moved side to side and every time we practiced it, I fumbled. I could just feel the heat from his body and I swore I could hear his heartbeat; the slow, even pulses. Sighing, I stood up and looked over at Jinki;

“Hyung, I’m just going to the bathroom, nae?” I gave him a weak smile before heading down the corridor. Hurrying in the bathroom, I headed straight to the tap and began to repetitively splash cool water on to my face. Get a grip of yourself Taemin, he doesn’t love you, he never will… your love is unrequited. Squeezing my eyes shut, his image flashed into my mind.  His beautiful curly hair and his deep chocolate eyes, his heart wrenching smile and perfect body. Before I knew it, tears began to streak my cheeks.

“Just go away. Please. I don’t want to love you anymore.” I opened my eyes and looked up into the mirror and saw Minho standing silently behind me. 

“And 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3-TAEMIN!” Suddenly, my head snapped up and I glanced at the Maknae in front of me and felt him tense under my grip as he looked at the furious instructor. “This is the 3rd time in a row this has happened, is something bothering you because you usually never have this much trouble with the dance moves.” He crossed him arms and patiently waited for a response.
“I-I uh…” The words fell out of his mouth and I felt my stomach tighten as he hung his head and looked at the ground. I wonder why he is so distracted?
“Well?” The instructor took a step towards him when in the corner of my eye, I watched as Jinki stood in front of the maknae.
“I think we just need a break. Nae, Taemin-ah?” The kind leader turned to look at young boy with big smile. He nodded his head earning an exaggerated from the instructor.
“Fine, you have ten minutes… I expect better when I come back Taemin.” He scowled and stomped from the dance hall, slamming the door behind him. Realising I was still gripping Taemin’s waist, I reluctantly let go and stepped away.  I heard several sighs of relief and watched as Jinki and Kibum dropped to the ground, stretching their legs out.  I made my way over to my gym back and dug through for my water bottle. Taking it out, I made my way back over to the group and carefully watched Taemin. He looks kinda sad and… frustrated? Maybe something has upset him. It hurts me so much to see him like this. I continued to ignore the rest of the group banter and kept my view on Taemin. Suddenly, he flicked his gaze to me and I adverted my eyes to make it seem like I was staring at a wall. Casually, I took a sip of my water bottle. Finally, I decided to look over to him and give him a smile. As soon as our eyes made contact he I looked at the floor and began scuffing it with his shoe.  He has been so distant from me recently, ever since we started to learn the cheorography for our new song, “Everybody”. I wonder what I have done to upset him? I furrowed my brows and continued to watch until he addressed Jinki.

“Hyung, I’m just going to the bathroom, nae?”He quickly ducked from the room and  headed down the corridor. I looked at the other members who looked at each other in confusion. Suddenly, my gaze landed on Kibum who gestured for me to follow him. Without a question, I quietly headed to the bathroom and stood at the door. I silently watched as he headed straight to the tap and began to splash water on to his face. I took a step forward to grab his shoulder when he squeezed  his eyes shut and shake his head. Before I knew it, tears began to streak down his cheeks and he said;

 “Just go away. Please. I don’t want to love you anymore.” In that instant, my world came crashing down and I could feel my heart shattering. But wait, what? Did he just admit to loving me?
“Wait, Taemin… do you, I mean, did you just say you love me?” I whispered, I was happy yet sad at the same time.
“Ah, Hyung!’ His eyes snapped open and he whipped around to look at me. He blushed a deep red and went to duck around me.
“No Taemin. You are going to explain yourself. “ I grabbed him on the shoulders and pushed him against the wall.
“Yah! That hurt Hyung.” He exclaimed.
“Taemin, answer me. Do. You.Love.Me?” I questioned, bringing my face closer to his.
“No Hyung, I meant, I just-“ He looked everywhere but at me.
“What did I do to make you say you don’t love me anymore?” I questioned.
“Why do you even care?” He suddenly turned violent and pushed me away.
“Because-“ I started.
“Did you want to hear it from me so you can make fun of me? So you can say that your poor little maknae fell for you, is that it?” He began to throw around words I knew he didn’t mean. He looked so angry and frustrated and I knew that words weren’t going to fix this.

I harshly grabbed him and pulled him towards me, pushing my lips against his.

“Wait, Taemin… do you, I mean, did you just say you love me?” I heard a deep voice behind me.
 “Ah, Hyung!’ My eyes snapped open and I whipped around to look lock eyes with Minho. Feeling my cheeks heat up again, I decided to try and duck out.
“No Taemin. You are going to explain yourself. “ he snapped, grabbing my shoulders and pushed me against the wall.
“Yah! That hurt Hyung.” I lied and I knew he knew I was just trying to avoid the obvious subject.
“Taemin, answer me. Do. You.Love.Me?” He questioned, bringing his face closer to mine.
“No Hyung, I meant, I just-“ I was getting so confused, why does he want to know so bad?
“What did I do to make you say you don’t love me anymore?” He asked.
“Why do you even care?” I blurted out and pushed him away.
“Because-“ He started.
“Did you want to hear it from me so you can make fun of me? So you can say that your poor little maknae fell for you, is that it?” I began to throw around words I knew I didn’t mean. I just couldn’t face him at the moment.  He harshly grabbed my face an and pulled me towards him, pushing his lips against mine. I fought for a moment but suddenly found myself melting into it. I pushed my body against his and wrapped my arms tightly around his neck. Finally, we broke apart both gasping for air.

“Hyung, why did you-?” I asked.
“Because, I love you too. Even if you don’t want to love me anymore like you claim, I will keep trying. I have felt this unrequited love for too long and even if it takes another 5 years, I will make you love me back.” He smiled and pushed some hair from my eyes.  He pulled me into his arms and I quietly whispered; “Please don’t ever give up on me hyung, I don’t know what I’d ever do without you.” I smiled into his shoulder. I really love you Minho… I guess it really wasn’t an unrequited love in the end.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So what did you think , was it alright? Let me know in the comments what you think <3 Much love, banana-milk-unni.

Here is some 2min love for ya: