Recipe

Recipe - Soohyun

Soft music played in the background as you happily sang along to your favorite songs on shuffle as you chopped vegetables. Sliding the chopped chives and spices into the pot you stirred it for a while, taking in its heavenly aroma. Moving to cut some more vegetables, you heard the door open as you looked over your shoulder to see Soohyun moving quickly to the bedroom.

"Soo-ssi, you’re ho-" The slamming door cut you off as you sadly looked back at the meal that was heating up. Finishing off the soup, you ladled two bowls as you sat them on the table across from each other as you then walked, carefully over to the door.

Knocking softly on the door with your knuckles, you heard some whimpers from the other side of the door as you debated to go in or not.

"Soohyun? Oppa?" You called softly as you opened the door slightly, just to get a glimpse of his shaking body.

"Leave me alone please." He said quietly as his voice slightly shook.

"Dinner is ready if you are hungry." You tried to say with an upbeat tone but you closed the door behind you as you walked back out to the table, leaving the bigger bowl for Soohyun as you began to eat by yourself.

Thoughts ran through your head as to what could be wrong with him. He was usually always happy when he came home, but that was not the case today. When you finished your meal, you cleared your place at the table, washing your bowl and the pots and pans that you used, you moved his soup into the fridge as you some lights and moved to the bedroom door once again.

Opening the door slightly again, you peered in to see Soohyun laying on the bed as he faced away from you. Carefully and slowly, you entered the room, standing next to the unoccupied space, you slid onto the bed. With the bed dipping in with your weight, Soohyun let out a deep sigh as you moved closer to him. Your fingers ran over his hair then made their way to massaging his scalp. Leaning against the head board he sat up as you removed your hand from his head.

Sitting up he looked at you with bloodshot eyes, you opened your arms to him as he slid closer to you and put his head on your shoulder. Wrapping your arms around his shoulders you slowly rocked him back and forth as you sang a song to calm him down.

Soohyun slowly wrapped his arms around you as he listened to your heart and focused on your breathing.

"Mianhae." Soohyun said quietly as you played with his hair as you looked down at him, planting a kiss on the top of his head.

"It’s ok. I know you are under a lot of stress now a days." You pet his cheeks gently with your fingers as you rested your head on top of his.

"You are too kind." He mumbled as he closed his eyes, loving all of the attention that you are giving him.

"I have a little recipe for getting you better from the work blues." You whispered as you rubbed his back soothingly as his eyes looked up into yours.

"Will it work?" He looked up at you with hopeful eyes as you nodded.

"Now you go take a nice long shower and I will get everything else ready." You kissed his forehead once more before wriggling out of his grip and slipping off the bed.

Walking out of the bedroom Soohyun shuffled to the shower as you heard the water turn on. Smiling to yourself, you took this time to make the couch look comfy and inviting for your tired Soohyun. Turning off some of the bright, harsh lights, you flipped on some lamps as it’s soft light filled the room.

Hearing Soohyun’s steps as he came from the bedroom you got a smile on your face as you sat on the couch pulling a blanket over your lap.

"Jagi?" He said in a tired tone as you opened your arms once again to him.

"Over here Oppa." He walked to the origin of your voice as he sat on the couch. He sat there with a black tank top and some grey sweats as his head rested against your shoulder as your fingers intertwined with his.

"What is the next part of the recipe?" Soohyun asked as you smiled at him.

"You have to stand up for it though." You teased as he moaned. "Just kidding, but you do have to sit up tall." He did as you said, sitting up tall as you wrapped your arms around his torso and rested your head on his chest as you kissed right above his heart.

"What are you doing?" He looked down at you confused.

"Giving you a hug, they say it warms the heart." You said quietly as he gave in and wrapped his arms around you, relieved and already feeling the weight lift off of his shoulders. Staying in each others arms, you felt his breathing return to normal and his heart rate slow as you looked up at him.

Your eyes looked over his closed ones as you tilted your head and pressed your lips against his. At first he didn’t respond but then he complied and moved his lips with yours as he moved you onto his lap. The kiss was comforting and perfect as he pulled away.

"What was that for?" He asked as your hands moved to around his neck.

"I thought that you should know that I still love you and will always love you with all my heart." Pecking his lips gently with yours he brushed your cheek and fell into your eyes.

"You are really the best, and this recipe works wonders. I think it is a keeper." Soohyun said as he kissed your head while you two snuggled amongst the blankets and pillows on the couch. Letting everything around you melt and fall away, leaving you two to your own paradise.