Only Chapter

Lee Taeil Adopts a Dog

You sifted through your clothes scattering them across the bedroom searching for your one specific navy blue pullover. You knew you were making a mess and already running late but it was absolutely imperative you needed that shirt. Ever so coolly your boyfriend strolled in and smirked at you dangling the very item of clothing you required on the end of his fingers.
 

“Hey! You found it! Where was it?” you chirped while slipping it on over your head.
“I just washed it for you. I had a feeling you would want to wear it today,” Taeil smiled at you.

You gave him a big grin. Taeil was always very considerate and did the nicest little things for you.  Even if it was just things like buying you warm socks and doing the dishes he did it with love. In some ways you thought he was trying to make up for his somewhat cold outwardly affections. He got embarrassed about hand holding and didn’t like things like sharing clothes and couple rings. Overall his outward appearance was very cute but he acted tough.

'Taeil doesn’t like being called cute' you thought.


“Are you ready now that I have successfully clothed you?” Taeil inquired.
“Pfffpht. Yes I am Oppa.” You grabbed your purse and slipped out the front door down the block.

On this particular day you and Taeil had decided it was finally time for you both to go out and adopt a dog. After moving in together both of you really started to miss having pets around the house and read about a new rescue society for homeless dogs that opened up near your apartment.

Inspired by the idea you both collected dog accessories and necessities for weeks and tossed names around before you fell asleep each night.

Arriving at the shelter Taeil was squirming around in his seat while you filled out the paperwork to be legal dog owners. As the assistant got up to go file something you leaned over to him “Lee Taeil why are you wiggling around so much? You are going to make the doggies nervous if you do that dummy.”

“I know but I can’t help it! Doggies doggies we are gonna get a doggie” he sang quietly back to you with his big toothy smile spreading across his cute face.


By the time you both walked towards the kennels Taeil was jumping around from foot to foot.
As you walked in the second thing you heard from dogs barking and whimpering all around you was a very high pitched “Pupppies!!”

Taeil ran up to a large slobbery hairy dog and cooed right in its face “Hi woofy you wanna come home and be my kid?”

“Ah Oppa, do you think we could get a dog that would actually fit in our apartment?”

He frowned a little rubbing the monster sized pooch on the head, “Sorry Chester. Someone else is going to give you a home okay?”

“Yah don’t name the dogs if we haven’t picked them yet weirdo”

 

We walked up and down each shooting down one another on dogs of many mixes and breeds all eager to meet us.

I immediately stopped and giggled a little at a quiet serious looking dog with a doe-like face and long silky fur and a skinny little tail. “Hee hee Taeil-Oppa this one looks like she’s wearing pajama bottoms! Why is her fur so long? She’s got a soft looking face doesn’t she though?”
I knelt down to the dogs eye level through the barrier and let her sniff my hands delicately. She nosed them with her wet nose looking at me with the biggest puppy eyes.

My heart melted a little and I immediately aww’d at the sweet dog. “Taeil-Oppa what do you know about this one?”

“Ah I actually overheard at the front desk this one is called an Afghan Hound. Apparently she was left here by her old owners she was too big for their apartment size. Awful isn't it? She looks like she’s under the height limit for our house though.”

He called over a volunteer and asked, “Can we please take this Afghan to a private greeting room? I think my girlfriend likes her a lot.”

 

We called and beckoned to her in the small area which had some toys and treats for owners to get to know the dogs. The silky canine looked at us timidly and went right up to Taeil.
Lifting her body upwards she put her paws on his chest and stood up. I gasped worried she was going to push him over but Taeil just laughed and held her front legs.
“Look at you silly dog. Why would you climb me? I’m not very tall hahaha” he laughed at her.

Taeil pursed his lips and gave her a little kiss right on top of her smooth satin head.

When he let her down and the pretty dog came over to my side and nudged her muzzle under my hand I felt my heart clench. Taeil stood right in front on me looking down at the dog and put his hand on my hip.

“I think we’ve found the newest member of our little family” he smiled gently.
“Mm I don’t agree. I think she found us.”