Chapter Twelve

Problems

Chapter Twelve

~~~

 

While at the airport, Tiffany clung to Taeyeon more than usual recently, her arm looped through the older girl's and her shoulder connected with Taeyeon's.

 

On the plane, Tiffany sat next to Taeyeon, hands interlocked, head on her shoulder. Taeyeon was itching to find out why Tiffany was acting the way she was but she thought better of it, seeing her fragile state. As they arrived at the airport, Taeyeon heard Tiffany talk in her expert American language, English.

 

Not able to understand anything, Taeyeon simply followed Tiffany into the yellow cab where they were taken to a hotel. Tiffany did all the talking, as expected, and they were soon in the hotel room where Tiffany collasped on the bed. Taeyeon gently sat on the bed, looking at Tiffany who was already eyes closed, breathing steady.

 

"I promise I'll tell you soon. It's just.. a lot is on my mind," Tiffany spoke before letting out a shaky breath, opening her eyes and looking at Taeyeon. The younger one reached her arm out, "Let's sleep," Nodding her head, the blonde one slipped into bed next to Tiffany, immediately locked into the girl's arms, body against body.

 

"I haven't slept with you in a long time," Tiffany mumbled, next to Taeyeon's ear as Taeyeon's back faced Tiffany, the younger one pulling her closer, "I miss it," she admitted as Taeyeon closed her eyes, she had also missed this. Taeyeon placed her hand on top of Tiffany's and the younger one interlocked their fingers.

 

"I'm sorry for us leaving so suddenly," Tiffany whispered and Taeyeon stayed quiet as she let the other talk, "My dad had called," Taeyeon turned, facing Tiffany as the red head's hands locked on Taeyeon's waist, "My mom passed," she whispered, tears filling her vision.

 

A flash of worry crossed Taeyeon's eyes before Tiffany closed her eyes, "She's been in a bad state for a long time before this," The blonde girl gently placed her hands on Tiffany's shoulder, slowly wrapping aorund her neck as she continued to talk, "I... I always went to Siwon whenever my father called about her health. But he wasn't there most of the time I went and by the time I got home, you would be asleep on the couch,"

 

Taeyeon frowned and her hands loosened, "You could've gone to me first," she said in a cold tone. Tiffany's eyes furrowed and she pulled Taeyeon closer, "Please don't be mad at me, please. I need someone right now," She whispered, eyes flickering between Taeyeon's.

 

The older one hated herself for being so soft and vulnurable around Tiffany. She sighed, "Alright, go to sleep, Tiffany," The red head buried her face into the crook of Taeyeon's neck and Taeyeon rested her chin on Tiffany's shoulder, "I love you, Tae. You're my sister. You know that?" Tiffany mumbled. Taeyeon stared at the hotel wall as she hummed.

 

Before, Taeyeon could care less about the word 'love' but as of right now, it had a meaning for her. It had a very strong meaning, especially if it came out of Tiffany's mouth. But Taeyeon knew that Tiffany did not mean the word 'love' in a romantic way, it was more sisterly, like someone who loves their best friend.

 

The blonde girl did not respond with the three words Tiffany expected her to, she stayed silent. Taeyeon did not say 'I love you' back to Tiffany, the words carried such strong feelings for her now. 

 

Only because she did love Tiffany.

 

~~~

 

"Daddy," Tiffany whispered before hugging her fatherly tightly. Taeyeon took a step back and let the father and daughter have their moment. Tiffany's father leaned back and kissed her forehead, cupping her cheek, "Hey, Steph," he whispered.

 

Tears filled Tiffany's vision before she searched for Taeyeon, grabbing her hand and pulling her closer, interlocking their fingers, "This is Taeyeon," Tiffany sniffed, "My bestfriend and my roommate from back in Korea,"

 

Mr. Hwang gave a small, sad smile to Taeyeon, "Hello, Taeyeon," The girl bowed her head to the man before glancing at Tiffany, who seemed to be on the verge of breaking down and crying. Mr. Hwang looked between the girls before opening the house door wider, "Let's go inside,"

 

~~~

 

Holding the crying girl, the two girls laid on Tiffany's pink bed while the younger one cried her eyes out after the funeral. The door, which was pink, slowly opened and Mr. Hwang poked his head in, seeing Tiffany in Taeyeon's arms. Taeyeon and Mr. Hwang shared looks before Taeyeon shook her head slowly.

 

It was obvious Mr. Hwang had also been crying and he slowly closed the door. Tiffany tightened her hold on Taeyeon's waist, nearly squeezing the life out of the girl. Taeyeon placed a hand on Tiffany's arm, "Fany-ah," she started before a sob escaped Tiffany's mouth.

 

Taeyeon simply let Tiffany hug her tightly, seeing her vulnurable state. Letting out a soft sigh, Taeyeon placed her lips on Tiffany's head before holding her closer, the tears of Tiffany dampening her shirt. "Taeyeon," Tiffany cried and it simply broke Taeyeon's heart to see the girl she loved so hurt.

 

A hand ran up and down Tiffany's back, gently patting her, "Shhh," Taeyeon whispered softly into Tiffany's ear, kissing the side of her head every now and then.

 

~~~

 

It was late but the two were still at the beach, walking along the warm sand, hands interlocked as they wore loose shirts and jean shorts to cover up their bikinis. 

 

"I miss my mom," Tiffany spoke, breaking the silence. Taeyeon turned her head and looked at Tiffany's face that was illumniated by the sun set. The younger one gave a deep breath before she stopped walking, plopping down on the sand as tears filled her vision.

 

Taeyeon followed and sat besides Tiffany, watching the waves hit the shore, "Don't cry again, Fany-ah," The blonde girl whispered, caressing the back of Tiffany's hand. Tiffany turned and looked at Taeyeon, connecting eyes with her. The amount of love and concern in Taeyeon's eyes overwhelmed Tiffany, creating more tears in her eyes.

 

It's been a while since someone had looked at her that way. Tiffany remember when Taeyeon used to be so cold to her. What happened to that cold girl now?

 

"Thanks, Tae," Tiffany said gently, still staring into Taeyeon's eyes, "I love you," Taeyeon eyes flickered to the sand, Tiffany had said it again, for the second time. As expected, Taeyeon simply hummed and did not return the words. The younger girl didn't mind, she knew Taeyeon loved her, she could see it in her eyes.

 

Tiffany just didn't understand the type of love Taeyeon had for her.

 

~~~

 

The red head squealed, "Ah! Tae!" she yelped as the blonde one splashed her. Tiffany spat the salt water out of and glared at Taeyeon, narrowing her eyes playfully, "I'm going to get you," With widen eyes, Taeyeon turned and swam away from Tiffany.

 

Thinking she had escaped, Taeyeon stopped and let out a small, hight pitched scream as Tiffany wrapped her arm around her waist, "Got you," Tiffany grinned at the older one. Taeyeon felt her sides being tickled and she jerked her body, "Yah!" she yelled out, trying to grab for Tiffany's hand that was tickling her.

 

Tiffany giggled at Taeyeon's reaction and stopped her tickling, "That'll show you not to splash me," Taeyeon looked at Tiffany, who was smiling widely. Her heart beat rapidly at the fact that she had managed to get Tiffany to smile and laugh as if her mother did not just pass away. Taeyeon smiled widely, the widest Tiffany has ever seen on her.

 

Tiffany liked seeing Taeyeon smile like that.

 

Taeyeon looked over and saw the sun disappear behind the horizon. Reaching into the water, Taeyeon interlocked her and Tiffany's hands, "Let's get back to the house, it's late," She stated, not moving yet as she looked Tiffany in the eyes. Tiffany gave a brief nod before they both swam back to shore. They picked up their towels and their dry clothes, slipping it on over their bikinis.

 

Looking over, Taeyeon noticed that Tiffany only put her shorts on, leaving her in the bikini top, "You're going to get sick like that," Taeyeon commented. Tiffany pouted, "But my shirt is full of sand," Taeyeon took Tiffany's towel and wrapped it around the younger girl's shoulder, "There. Now let's go,"

 

~~~

 

"Good night, Tae," Tiffany mumbled, laying in her bed with Taeyeon at her side, laying on her arm. Taeyeon shifted her head, letting it lay on Tiffany's shoulder as she slung one arm over Tiffany's stomach as the younger girl laid on her bed, "Night,"

 

"Love you," Tiffany said, not expecting anything back as she leaned down and gave a quick kiss on the head to Taeyeon. Taeyeon took a deep breath, inhaling Tiffany's familiar scent.

 

"I love you too,"


Dammit. I really hate doing stories that include Tiffany's mother. I don't feel comfortable.

 

/sigh/