Home

It has been a week since he left him. He has been such a miserable wreck since.

He was his angel, his soul where he always pours everything in him to.

Luhan smiled sadly as he fixes his black bow-tie, looking at his own reflection in the mirror. He swiped dust off his suit, looking up and down at his reflection, making sure he looks as handsome as he always is for his husband.

“That’ll do,” he whispered to himself.

He walked out of the room, grabbing his car keys and the bouquet of white roses he just bought a few hours ago and locked the door to their home. He drove out from his porch to the place he has been visiting for days.

That’s where his husband is now.

He drove into the car park there and parked his car at the nearest spot he could find.

He fixed his suit once again before walking to where his husband is waiting.

He sat down beside him.

“Hi, Sehun. I’m sorry I’m…” He checked his watch. “One minute, forty seconds late today. I know you hate waiting. But I brought you roses, your favourite.”

He could see Sehun smiling and he smiled too, very sweetly for his husband.

“I missed you, you know. Why do you need to stay here? We could just stay home like we have always did.”

Luhan shifted and lied on the grass, beside where his husband is.

“I had to fix my bow-tie myself again, today. You really should come back home. You won’t imagine how wrecked it is, right now.” He chuckled. “I should have brought bubble tea. You’re craving for it since we had it last week and we haven’t had one yet this week.”

“When will you come home?” He turned his face a little so he could take a look at his beautiful husband.

“You’re always so beautiful, even right now.” He smiled, as tears fell, unnoticed by him.

“It’s weird that you’re not talking much now. We had always argued over stuff. It’s weird that I’m the only one who keeps on talking nowadays.” Then he sat up.

“Hey, you know what? I’ll decorate your new home every single day with roses! Wouldn’t that be fun? It really would!”

Luhan then picked up the bouquet of roses as he plucked every petal and decorate his husband’s home.

▴▴▴▴▴▴

It was passed dawn then and Luhan was still there, talking and laughing with his husband.

“You’re not lonely there, are you?” He sighed.

“I feel lonely here, Sehun. You have your angels with you now, when I don’t even get to have my angel with me. God’s unfair.”

“Should I come to you, Sehun? Would you like it if I do it on my own to come to you? You would hate me.”

They paused for a minute.

“Hey, can you ask God to take me quick so I could be there with you?”

Luhan started to cry again.

“You shouldn’t have died, Sehun. I hate myself so much. If only I had driven you to your art class, then you won’t be here, right now. You would have been with me, at home, cooking and dancing to our song and we would adopt cute babies and you would take care of him when I’m at work. Maybe then I could still touch you and kiss you like how I used to.”

He started to sob.

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I love you, so much. I’ll be back tomorrow, I promise.”

He kissed the cold rock that has his husband’s name written.

Oh Sehun
Beloved husband.
1992 – 2016

He was young, way too young to be gone.

Luhan walked away from his husband, still feeling the sorrow in his heart.

I’ll come to you soon, Sehun. I know that, he thought.

He drove out of the graveyard carefully until he reached a traffic light not far from there.

He doesn’t know why but his heart seemed to be at peace, as if he’s home with Sehun.

Incautiously, he made a U-turn there.

A loud beeping horn could be heard and Luhan couldn’t see anything anymore. It’s just, plain darkness.

He cried for Sehun but he didn’t come – not yet.

But then he saw it, he saw the light and Sehun was there.

“Am I home now?” Luhan asked him.

“Yes, we are. This is home now, Lu.”