The Winners

Darkfic Writing Contest

The time has finally come to reveal the winners and I will, in a short while. First of all, I would like to apologise once again for delaying the results. I am sincerely sorry and I hope all of you will forgive me. Secondly, I would like to express my gratitude to all of you who have taken the time to participate in this contest of mine. I started this contest because I found that there wasn't much darkfics out there which is a shame, really, because darkfics are what I usually love to read. A lot of people have taken part in this contest initially but only seven of you were able to complete it on time which I am truly grateful for.

Lastly, I want to say that all of your fanfictions are amazing, really, and you have successfully brought chills down my spine. There was once I read one of the entries around two in the morning and I got scared but luckily, not scared enough that I was not able to sleep. I want to say that if you do not win the contest, please do not fret because I sincerely love every entry that I have read. Unfortunately, I must choose the winners so, yeah.

 

 

 

 

 

Anyway, here are the winners of Darkfic Writing Contest:

 

Third Place:

 

I Hear Your Voice by B2UTYSONELOVER

The Prize:                   300 karma points
                                                            upvotes to all of your stories

Comments:                   First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to join this contest. I really appreciate it. Since you are my friend on AFF, I have tried my best to avoid any kind of biasedness because I want this contest to be fair. I promise all of you that the reason she won is not because she is my friend but because this story is amazing. I absolutely love the plot and LuYoon are just so adorable there. I love all of the characters in the story but my favourite has got to be Krystal. That girl is just so awesome. I feel really bad for Kyungsoo, though, but I'm glad that everything turns out to be okay although I think that him keeping his father's corpse in that room is a little bit creepy, to be completely honest. Anyway, I would like to congratulate you for winning the third place! Keep writing, aye? :)

 

Second Place:

 

Spirit of The Dead by vexatious

The Prize:                  400 karma points
                                                           upvotes to all of your stories

Comments:                     First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to join this contest. I really appreciate it. Anyway, I just cannot express how much I really love this story and the ending threw me off guard, I swear. I did not expect that there would be two devils inside of her. Just when I thought it was done and suddenly bam! I felt so taken aback. You left it at there and that was what made it so perfect, in my opinion. Qian is my favourite character in your story. I don't know why but I just tend to like people like her. Anyway, I would like to congratulate you for winning the second place! Keep writing, aye? :)

 

First Place:

 

Beneath the Surface by Chiciz

The Prize:                  500 karma points
                                                           upvotes to all of your stories

Comments:                       First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to join this contest. I really appreciate it. I absolutely love your story. It did not cross my mind that Heechul would turn out that way. Also, I love the way you added in the nursery rhyme; One for sorrow, two for joy. It made your story even more interesting. And can I say how much I really love the ending? It is really sad because Heechul will forever be trapped in that never-ending cycle. Kyuhyun would be my favourite character in your story and I certainly did not expect him to die, actually. Anyway, I would like to congratulate you for winning the first place! Keep writing, aye? :)

 

 

Tokens of Appreciation:

No. of karma points for each participant:           100 karma points

 

Her Hands by Jiolye
Comments:
The plot is really great and I enjoyed reading it. I don't have a favourite character but I love how everyone is screwed up in one way or another. Thank you for taking the time to join this contest! Keep writing, aye? :)

 

With My Dolls by verse2wo
Comments:
This story is really creepy, to be completely honest, but in a good way. Lucy seems to be... mentally ill and I did not expect her to kill herself. I guess Hakyeon is my favourite character since the rest of them are just... crazy. Anyway, I love the plot, it's really amazing. Thank you for taking the time to join this contest! Keep writing, aye? :)

 

Button-Eyed Demons by Her_Highness
Comments:
This is certainly my personal favourite, to be honest. This is the one that I read around two in the morning and yeah, it freaked me out at the end. I feel pity for Kai, though. Honestly, this story almost made it to the top three but due to some factors, it didn't make it. Anyway, I really love this one and Yuri and Tao are just so scary. I love all the characters in this story. Thank you for taking the time to join this contest! Keep writing, aye? :)

 

707 by NaughtyCasserole
Comments:
I really love the plot for this story but I only wish that it has a definite character but that is fine, I guess. This story also almost made it to the top three but due to some factors, it didn't. I just feel awed by the whole plot. I don't have a favourite character because none of them has made me feel fond of them but I do feel pity for 707. And yes, he/she should have run. Thank you for taking the time to join this contest! Keep writing, aye? :)

 

 

So, that's it, I guess. Thank you, once again, for joining Darkfic Writing Contest! I apologise for being tardy in revealing the results. Anyway, to the authors who have participated in this contest, please comment below something as simple as 'I've read this' or anything to claim your prize/token of appreciation. I hope all of you will continue to write dark fanfictions because the world needs more of them. :)