Appa has good intentions

Inseparable?? Maybe?? Maybe not...

Min hee’s POV

I sat on my bed in my room alone. I looked at the transfer form in my hands. I only have a month to make my decision. Why is life so hard?? I’ve already abandoned my dream of being a singer. I deserved this anyways. It’s my fault Hyemin is no longer here.

~Flashback~

The 12 of us were about to reach the house when I saw appa’s car out front. I sighed mentally and told Eunji unnie. She looked at the car for a brief moment and turned to me. “Are you sure you can do this?? I’ll stick by you all the way okay??” she said and I nodded my head.

Ever since Hyemin passed, appa has been very stressed out since none of us wants to take over the company. Hyemin doesn’t have talents so she was nice enough to take over the company. When she passed, appa has been forcing me to be the heir. Due to the amount of guilt I have in me for not protecting Hyemin properly, I agreed.

Appa have not been home since a month after Hyerin’s death. Now that he’s back, I just know something will happen. Eunji unnie told the guys about the situation and they immediately turned back to go home. I could see the worried reactions of my childhood friends. I just gave them a reassuring smile and headed for the door with Eunji unnie behind me and Hae ra trailing behind her.

I took a deep breath before opening the door. “Appa umma, we’re home” I said and I made my way to the living room. I saw umma siting next to appa with a very irritated expression. When I came in with the rest, I saw her face brightened but it was soon turned into a frown when appa cleared his throat.

“Min hee and Eunji, go and change. I would want to talk to you later in the living room” appa said and I just nodded my head. I went into my room where I shared with Hyemin. Now that she’s no longer here, I have this room to myself. I never liked that idea though. She’s the person who actually brings life into this room. After I’ve changed, I went down to see Eunji unnie sitting in front of appa.

I made my way towards them and took a seat in front of umma. She gave me a reassuring smile and looked at appa. Appa looked up and put his newspaper down. He coughed lightly to get our attention. I looked up at the same time as Eunji unnie.

“As you know, I wanted one of you to take over the company. Now that I heard that ALL THREE of you went to Seoul Performing arts, I am very disappointed, especially you, Lee Min hee. I thought you told me that you will take over Hyemin’s position to be the heiress. Why did you attend that school??” appa asked me. I just looked down, not daring to meet his eyes.

“And as for you Eunji, why didn’t you restrict her?? She was nice enough to actually take over so you guys can follow what you wanted to be but you just had to give her hopes to go on. Is my warning not strict enough?!” appa said, shouting in my face. Umma held appa back. “Jagi, don’t be too harsh on them. Let them go on with their dreams. You were the one who supported them at first. Why are you taking your words back??” umma asked appa softly. He just sighed.

“It’s because I know that I will have someone to take over eventually. Now that Hyemin is gone, who do you expect me to give to the company over to??” he said and I looked up. Appa took two documents out of his bag and placed it on the table. Eunji unnie and I picked it up. It was a transfer form to the Seoul international high school. (A/N: This is made up. I don’t know if it’s real. Just pretend) My eyes widened.

Umma gasped and stood up. “Jagi, you went this far just for your company?! Have you ever thought of ANY of their feelings?! This is not what they wanted. It’s only the first day of school and your pulling them out?!” umma shouted and appa just shrugged. I looked at Eunji unnie. Her eyes showed hurt and disappointment.

“Appa, I’ll do it but don’t let Eunji unnie transfer too. Let her stay and reach her dreams” I said and Eunji unnie looked up. She looked at me as though I was crazy. “Are you crazy Min hee?? You’ve wanted this even more than you sister does. You’re the most talented one out of the 3 of them and you’re willing to waste that?! Here I am standing up for you and you’re siding your appa?!” Umma shouted at me. My tears rolled down my eyes. *I feel guilty umma. It was my fault Hyemin’s gone* I thought while biting my lips.

Appa looked at me. His eyes softened for a moment before turning hard again. “I’ll give you a month to make your decisions. It’s either you transfer to that school and you wouldn’t have to follow me to meetings or you stay in that school you love so much and follow me to any meetings that you are required to come with me, either way, Min hee or Eunji will be the next heiress of the company and that’s final” he said.

“Andwe!! Don’t crush unnies dreams appa, especially Min hee unnie” Hae ra said. She must have heard the ruckus. I mumbled a small ‘yes’ and went to my room. Downstairs I heard umma and Hae ra arguing with appa. Then another slam was heard. Eunji unnie must have left.

Tears slide down my face. I looked at the picture of Hyemin and me at my bedside table. I picked it up and looked at her. *Hyemin ah, please give unnie the strength she needs. I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you. It’s my fault and I deserved it* I thought as another tear slide down my cheeks. I lied down on my bed a while hugging the picture. I slowly drifted off to dreamland.

~End of Flashback~

I continued to cry my eyes out. I didn’t go down for dinner. I stayed in my room for the whole day. It was only 8 now. I decided to tell Chuji oppa about this. I picked up my phone and dialed his number. After two rings, he picked up. “Min hee, is everything okay?! Did your appa do anything to you?! He didn’t hit you did he?! Do you need me to come over?!” he said as soon as he picked up. I softened at how worried he is for me.

My tears started to flow again. I sniffed and that caught his attention. “Min hee ah, are you crying?? Did he seriously hurt you??” he asked frantically. I quickly replied him with a no, scared that he might come over and cause a ruckus. He let out a sigh of relief. “Oppa, my appa asked me to transfer out of Seoul performing arts. It’s either that or I attend various meetings. I’m oppa. I don’t know what to do. Can you please come over??” I said trying to block out my cries.

I heard him gasped. “HE ASKED YOU TO DO WHAT?! Why would he do that?! Is he still blaming you for this?!” he shouted and I just let more tears flow. He sighed and I could hear him pacing all over his room. “Wait right there in your room. I’ll bring my cheering up kit and I’ll make sure to sneak into the house via your window and balcony. Don’t lock the door and I’ll be there in like 5 – 10 minutes” he said and put down the phone before I can reply.

I smile at how thoughtful he is. This is one of the charms he had that made me fall for him. Although he could be annoying, I’m pretty much sure he’s just trying his best to entertain me. I heard a knock on my door and I quickly pretend that I was sleeping. I heard footsteps coming nearer. I felt someone sit down next to me.

“I’m sorry Min hee. I want you to get rid of the guilt. I don’t want to put you off the road of your dreams. Fight back. Don’t keep putting blame on yourself. It’s appa’s fault too. Please Min hee. I don’t want you to leave us just like Hyemin. Please” I heard appa’s voice. That wasn’t his intention??

“Appa, how’s Min hee unnie??” I heard Hae ra’s voice next. I heard appa sigh. “Your sister, she’s getting more and more cold isn’t she??” he asked Hae ra. She muttered a small yes and sighed. I felt something wet on my hands and cheeks. *Is appa crying??* I thought and bit my lip.

“Unnie, I’m so sorry. If it wasn’t for me being so dense, this wouldn’t have happened to you” Hae ra said and I heard appa sigh again. “Hae ra, I thought you’ve stopped. Please, I don’t want any of you to keep blaming yourselves” appa said. I heard Hae ra mutter another small ‘yes’.

The weight beside me was lifted. I peeked out and saw Hae ra leaving with appa. After I was sure the door was closed, I sat up. *He wants me to rebel?? He wants me to go back to the old me. Maybe I should- NO. I need my cold exterior* I shook my head. There’s no way I will turn back. I’m going to disappoint appa and Hyemin.

I heard a soft knock on my window. I turned to see Chunji oppa standing there with three tub of strawberry shortcake Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. I gave him a small smile and unlocked the door. “Didn’t I tell you not to lock the door?? Now come here and cry I know you’ll need a shoulder to cry on” he said as my tears start to fall again. That night, I fell asleep in Chunji oppa’s embrace.

                                                       ~ End of Min hee’s POV ~

Eunji’s POV

When I looked at the transfer documents appa gave us, my eyes widened. I felt hurt and disappointed. I guess that’s the consequences for not taking proper care of Hyemin. When I heard Min hee say that she would take it, I looked at he as though she was crazy. What umma said was true. She is the most talented sibling. She has the looks, the voice and the perfect body. I saw tears coming out from her eyes.

She wanted to be a star more than me or Hae ra but here she is, protecting the dream for us. Why Min hee?? Why are you doing that?? Appa finally gave us two choices, to stay or suffer or to transfer. I really don’t want to be in the argument so I went to my bedroom and slammed the door shut. I let my tears fall.

I looked at the picture on my bed side table. It’s a picture of the four of us. It’s from the time where the whole of us went to the park. I hugged the picture close to my chest. *Min hee ah, please return to your old self. Hyemin, I’m sorry I can’t protect you. What kind of unnie am I??* I thought as tears continue to flow. I lied down on my bed with the picture still close to me.

*I’m sorry for not protecting any of you guys. I’m sorry for not being the perfect sister for you* I thought as I drifted off to dreamland, blocking off the ruckus downstairs.

---

I woke up and saw that it was 8. I must’ve missed dinner. I’m not hungry anyways. I decided to call Doojoon oppa. I needed to get it off my chest. Since he was the one I opened up to first so here it goes. I picked my phone off my bedside table and dialed his number. He picked up after 3 rings.

“Eunji, are you okay?! Did anything happen?! He didn’t hurt you did he?! Did your appa do anything to you?! He didn’t hit you did he?! Do you need me to come over?!” he said as soon as he picked up. My tears continued to fall at how concerned he sounded. I tried to muffle my cries but it didn’t work.

“Are you okay?? I’ll come over and I’m bringing my cheer up pack with me. Leave your balcony door unlocked and I’ll be there in 5-10 minutes. Don’t move or go anywhere, understand?? Understood. Okay bye” he said and put down the phone before I could answer.

I put down my phone and lied back down. Lots of thought are in my mind but it was disrupted when I heard a knock on my door. I locked my balcony door just in case Doojoon oppa came and I jumped into bed, pretending to be asleep. I didn’t want to talk to anyone so I decided it would be best if I’m ‘asleep’.

I felt weight beside me and a sigh. It sounded like appa. “Both of them are asleep huh?? Why am I not surprised??” I heard a voice which I think belonged to Hae ra say.

“I’m not surprised if your sleepy right now too Hae ra. Go to bed, I just want to spend time with your sister for awhile. Even though she’s asleep” appa chuckled. I heard the door close and a few movements. I’m guessing he was trying to find a good position to sit. After a few seconds, he finally settled down.

“Eunji ah, don’t take what appa said to heart okay?? I want you and your sister Min hee to continue your dreams. Besides Hae ra, who openly shows her guilt, I know you two were taking it so deeply. I’m trying to bring your character out. Rebel against this idea of you guys having to take over the company. Please go back to your cheerful selves. Stop putting blame on yourselves because no matter what, it was never any of your faults. I didn’t manage to protect her too” appa said. He took a deep breath and sighed.

“I was too busy with the company and I didn’t pay attention to my kids. I was trying to make the company easier for Hyemin to handle that I never noticed the constant complains your mum was telling me about Hyemin’s status. I thought she was just like you guys, beautiful, smart and someone nobody would judge. Who knew you guys were battling out queenka to queenka huh?? I’m sorry” he said and planted a kiss on my forehead.

After I was sure that appa already left, I sat up. *He was trying to help us all this while?? I’m sorry appa. I’m so sorry for doubting you* I thought as new tears started to form. I heard knock on my balcony door. I turned to see Doojoon oppa holding three tubs of different flavored Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. I let out  small giggle and unlocked the door.

“Didn’t I specifically tell you not to lock the door?? Now come here and cry I know you’ll need a shoulder to cry on” he said as my tears start to fall again. That night, I fell asleep in Doojoon oppa’s embrace.

                                                       ~ End of Eunji’s POV ~

Haera’s POV

I was arguing with my dad about what he did. But as soon as Eunji unnie slammed the door closed, mum started to quiet down and so did appa. My eyebrows furrowed. What’s wrong with them?? Are they bipolar or something??

Umma motioned me to sit down in between them. Feeling a little confused, I went and sat down hesitantly. Just as I was about to speak up, appa did so first. “You want to know what’s going on do you Hae ra” appa said and I nodded my head frantically. Appa just chuckled at my reaction and place a kiss on my forehead.

“Well, I’ve been updated about all of your progress here by your mum and I found out that Min hee was no longer the girl she used to be. Neither was Eunji. When I left, I was actually trying to console your uncle’s son to be the heir for the mean while until any of your contracts were over and you’ll take over. I will, of course give him a job in the company after one of your unnies take over” appa said making me more confused.

“Then why did you give them those. That will only increase their guilt” I said and looked at appa weirdly. He just sighed. “I thought they would at least fight back. I needed them to do so, so that I could give them the talk. You know our personal psychologists, Mr Kim, right??” appa said and I nodded my head. Mr Kim was our personal psychologists. He had been in the family since Hyemin passed.

He also said that Min hee and Eunji unnie would go through depression and a change in character. “Well, he told me that this was the only way to bring them back to their original character. That’s why I was hesitant to scold any of them. But, I was dedicated to bring their old selves back. I’m not sure if it worked though” appa said and umma gave him a pat on the back.

“Let’s just hope it does. Eunji and Min hee are really talented girls. For them to be wasting their abilities and leaving their dreams will just be, terrible. I suggest we have dinner with Mr Kim tonight. Make sure they don’t wake up. We need the plan to be going smoothly so that I can have my girls back. I hope your not doing the same Hae ra. Neither of us would want to hurt you. Let it go okay??” umma said and looked at me.

Appa did the same. “I guess it is time to move on. They’ve suffered much more. I’m in” I said and hugged them both. *Unnies, I want your old selves back. I’m sorry Hyemin but please help us. Help your favorite Min hee unnie. Please* I thought as I hugged them tighter.

                                                         ~ End of Hae ra’s POV ~


I'm back!! This time, with an update of my own. I hope you guys liked it. No one subscribed yet and I'm very sad. But i guess i need to be more patient. SO if you guys enjoy my story, please subscribe. It would be a very happy day for me and minwoolover_98 if you do so. 

Comment too so we can be ure that the story is having a good prgress. I know there might be errors but hey, we are human so we make mistakes. I hope there are no mean comments cause we're not robots. We have feelings. Anyways, support my lovely co- authors story  regret. It would relly make her happy. 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/523830/regret-angst-beast-boyfriendband-jeongmin-exo-marriagelife-minwooandyou

ANNYEONG~