My Guardian Angel

I'm Not The Weak Junhong Anymore!!

     

      

               “Hyung!”

                Zelo called out for his brother while setting himself on the grassy space beside the elder. The younger was all smiling and happy but all of it faded when he received no response from the latter. He sighed in worry, knowing that this would happen.

                “Are you angry?”

                He asked cautiously and waited for Yongguk’s answer. He flinched as he realized that he was only getting another silence from him. The boy exhaled heavily and scratched his nape when it was not even itchy. If Yongguk refused to answer him, then he knew that the elder must had been really furious!

               “Hyung, you don’t have to be that mad. The fight earlier was not a big deal. Besides, it was them who started the fight! And look, I didn’t hurt at all. See?”

                Zelo hastily held up his sleeves up to prove that he was unharmed and perfectly fine but it turned out that he failed. His lips were bleeding. Great. Well done, Choi Junhong. He ‘congratulated’ himself mentally. Using his right sleeve, he wiped his ugly swollen lips, cursing Sehun and his fellow bullies while doing so.

                Quietly, he took a quick peek at Yongguk’s reaction but looked away in less than a second, repenting for his foolish doing. He really hated it when his brother got mad because he could be beyond scary if he did. If a glare could kill then the poor boy would be a corpse since long ago. Well who wouldn’t? He was scary as hell!

                Zelo bit his lips anxiously as he waited for the latter to say something yet nothing was said. As time went by, his nervousness overwhelmed until it became unbearable for him to hold any longer. That’s when he stood up and threw a tantrum like a child who didn’t get his favourite toy.

                “Why are you being mad at me? I told you it’s not my fault! They started the fight first! I was having my sandwich in my class but then out of nowhere they showed up and threw away my sandwich out of the window! Yet now you’re mad because we fought? This is unfair, hyung! Why don’t you let me fight them back?! Could you stop seeing me as a wimp?? You saw us just now, didn’t you? Then you should know that I’m not the weak Junhong anymore!!”

                The frustrated boy breathed heavily before he turned around, backfacing his brother. Before Yongguk could say anything, he cut him off with his words.

                “Hyung, I don’t need you to beat up those bullies for me anymore. I can take care of myself and my problems on my own well enough. Do you still remember that you had told me not to cry even when I get hurt? Till today I still remember your words, hyung. And since I’m much stronger now-“ his sentence stopped halfway as he suddenly felt his heart shrink in agony.

                “-you should stop saying you’re sorry for not being there to protect me,” his heart was aching a lot as he said that.

                “I’m begging you, please don’t say that ever again because now I’ve changed into a great fighter just like you, hyung. Aren’t you proud of your once weak little brother now as tough and strong like you? Before, he was the one who got bullied but now he won’t get bullied ever again,” his trembling hands curled into two firms fists before he turned to face Yongguk.

                “So that’s why I’m telling you to stop it, hyung! Stop forbidding me from fighting them back! Stop thinking me as a useless wimp!! And stop saying sorry that you couldn’t protect me as if you’re still alive to do so!!!”

                His loud outrage broke the silence at the cemetery. Slowly tears began to flood in the boy’s pair of eyes. At the same time, his knees suddenly became wobbly causing him to drop on the grass. He realized that his breath became uneven due to the heavy feeling burdening his wretched heart. With all his might he had he tried to hold back his tears.

                “You’re not there to protect me from those bullies anymore. Therefore, I train myself to be strong like you.”

                The boy spoke in a low voice but he knew that his brother was listening. He believed his brother was there with him although he was nowhere to be seen.

                He just sat there, wordlessly stared at Yongguk’s tombstone. The frail look in his eyes visibly showed his endless longing for his beloved brother, his guardian angel.

                The memories of them in the past rushed back in his head. How Yongguk had scolded him as soon as they got home after another big fight that Zelo had caused again making the elder came to his rescue for the umpteenth time. He’d nag the younger that he was not his guardian angel or such to save his from the bullies every time. Despite all of the scolding and nagging, in the end he would carefully treat Zelo who had lots of cuts and bruises all over his delicate body. While doing so, he’d apologize repeatedly for not be there earlier to protect him. That’s his brother, Yongguk who couldn’t bear seeing his younger brother got hurt even the slightest cut.

                As Zelo recalled their bittersweet past, his heart felt heavier as time passed by. The throbbing pain in his poor heart triggered the tears that were threatening to fall. However, he refused to let it happened. He bit his lips hard and clasped a hand over his eyes in order to suppress his grief. Lastly he hugged his knees and buried his head in them. He seemed that vulnerable like a stray puppy in that state.

                “Hyung, I used to hate your nagging so much but now-“ he choked at his own words that came out as a muffled voice.

                “-I really wish to hear it again," his lips were about to bleed again as he bit them a little too hard.

                “I miss you, hyung.”

                Drip.

                Drip. 

                Drip.

                There were red spots on the grassy ground. Zelo could care less about his lips that were bleeding again. He only stared at the ceaselessly dripping blood slowly forming a small pool of red liquid. He wouldn’t let his tears to fall the same manner as the blood. He already made his promise to Yongguk not to cry.

 

                 At that very moment, the poor boy could feel a warm hand softly caressing his hair.

                 Realization hit him really hard as he sensed it was a familiar hand that he knew just too well. It belonged to his guardian angel, his beloved brother.

                Drip.

                Drip.

                Drip.

               

                That single touch did it. A tear finally slipped down his cheek followed by another and next they endlessly fell. At last, the heartbroken boy broke down.

                “H-hyung..”

                Crying his heart out in front of his brother’s tombstone, he didn’t bother to lift up his head as he was afraid that if he did, his brother wouldn’t be there anymore standing beside him.

                “Just stay there, hyung. Please d-don’t leave me just yet.”

                The younger desperately begged in his sobs. He really didn’t want to miss this moment where his deceased brother could actually touch him. He too, wanted to grab the hand and hold onto it dearly but he was too afraid. He was so happy to meet his brother but was frustrated at the same time because he knew it wouldn’t be long. Realizing the painful fact, his tears couldn’t stop falling from his eyes as if there was an ocean inside him. Like a lost child, he couldn't help but to cry hopelessly.

                The elder’s touch was very soothing and calming that Zelo stayed like that for a quite long time till he finally stopped crying. Then the hand left his head as if motioning him to lift up his head. And so he did. He even stood up straight. From that moment, he vowed to himself that he'd never show this weak side of him in front of Yongguk ever again. He wiped off the remaining tears on his cheeks before he softly chuckled.

                “I’m sorry, hyung. This little brother of yours is such a nuisance!”

                There was a wide grin on his face as he continued his next words.

                “But you can’t do a thing about it because he is your one and only brother you have no matter what,” he gazed longingly at his beloved brother’s tombstone.

                The gentle wind was brushing the boy’s figure, tousling his hair as if it was Yongguk who was ruffling his head. Zelo smiled at ease knowing it.

                “Believe me, hyung. I’m not the weak Junhong anymore. But somehow, I still wish that you still take care of me from up there,” he pursed his lips and inhaled the air. He took the last  glimpse of the cemetery and finally left.

 

                “Of course, I’m your guardian angel after all.”

 

- THE END -

 

these gifs inspire me to make this story <3 aigoo soo cute!!

kyaaargghhhh can i just keep you jellooo??? > w <

this story was my school assignment TT u TT and my teachers cried reading it!

thank you for your time!!~

please do leave comments okayy! O w O

 

- iBABYz -