Lily's Horrible Childhood

Sacrifices of Life

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Third Chapter 

<_____________>

"Lily's Horrible Childhood"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

"I knew that the expectations that I have always dreamed about at night were fake. It all started out when I was born on June 25th, unknowingly 1997. My birthday wasn't actually on the 25th of June, it was just the day my birth parents dropped me off at Oh Pee's Op Yie's orphanage. I never meant to hurt my birth parents so much that they would leave me. Anywho, with the year that I was dropped off being 1997, Master Yie and Mrs. Luna Kae made up my birthdays to be June 25th, 1997. 

 What did I do wrong? I don't even know an answer to that question anymore. I cried hardly coming to that orphanage. There were stranger-kids-that I didn't even know. Mrs. Kae was my then one and only friend there. But I wanted someone that wasn't so older than me, someone that could understand kid language. I was four until I finally learned what a best friend was. Her name was Ohnie. We shared hugs, laughs, and talks with each other. She wasn't related to be at all, we didn't have the same blood, the same mother, the same personality even. But, I knew that we were best friends even through the end.

 I sadly stood corrected. Ohnie got adopted by her loving parents the next year. I was angry, frustrated, and confused for several months before I knew what to do. It was dangerous, but I just had to do it. I tried to do self harm. I grabbed the pills from a child that had been sick, and took six pills out of the fourty-five that was in there. It was obvious that the label instructed strictly to only take three pills a day, and only three. I lifted the orange pills slowly into my mouth. Until-'Kim Lily, what are you doing?!' Mrs. Kae stopped me. 'It's not healthy for a five year old to swallow pills that are not their own.' I cried and Mrs. Kae took care of me that whole entire year.

 She read me bedtime stories, took me like was her child-even though I wasn't. She was another part of me, like a charm on a bracelet. Master Yie did everything in his power to seprate us, but did that work? No, not at all. Our friendship was too strong for him to seprate us.

 With that being said, instead of him stopping my friendship was Mrs. Kae, he banned me of all sorts of fun things the othe kids at the orphange could do. I couldn't go to the Deluxe Dining Room every month like all the other kids would. They had tons of meals that could make anyone's month watery-just because Master Yie paid the chefs extra. I never visited there once, even though I really wanted to. I could only play with the computers or watch the TV in his fancy 'golden' office once a month, unlike all the other kids who could play the times their age were. 

 I couldn't make friends with the older kids like I'd always wanted to do, I didn't have the pajamas at night that I wanted, I couldn't even do my chores in the younger childrens' dorms-my own dorm. Instead, I was forbidded to do those things, and a lot of other things that those lucky kids that didn't have a friendship as strong with Mrs. Kae did. I took the anger over myself. I took the sissors from the crafts bin and tried to do self harm once again. And this time, no one caught me. But, I thought to myself: who in the world would do such a thing? I did continue to try to jump off a cliff, a bridge, a rooftop,  but those thoughts would come back to me, and I would stop just like that. I was angry at myself for stopping, but I also knew it was the right thing to do.

 Well, finally, I met you. Luhan, you changed my life. I had no idea that a huge bomb would explode at the orphange. That thought would never appear in my mind like that. But it did happen, and it killed my only friend-Mrs. Luna Kae. It's you that did all these crazy things to me in a day. And will it change my life? Probably so. But, it changed my life in a good way. Thank you Xi Luhan. You're the best.I don't know why my eyes got teary telling my story again to Luhan. Were they even supposed to be teary? I wipe them off and sniff, I don't want to cause an emotional wreck or anything. Luhan seems to be holding in his tears, too. It was another awkward moment that didn't seem so awkward, but it was. I nod at him to see if he was ready to tell his story...or not. I mean, he didn't have to, but then that wouldn't be fair. Not that I care...right? There's another moment of awkward silence and I continue to stare at the frame that had him and all of his fellow members in it. By his picture, it says the word, "Luhannie". Must be another nickname, I think.

  "Luhan?" I question, and tap his shoulder. He stares right into my deep brown eyes. It looks like he's ready, is he? How come a celebrity star like him is so scared to tell his story? I wonder. It's so scary for him probably. Maybe his story wasn't as famous and weathly as I thought it was to be. He prepares for his story. He looks like he's ready...but not really.