Bombs Away

Sacrifices of Life

Song of the Chapter:

EXO-"Baby Don't Cry"

http://youtu.be/iOK_HKMbTiY

(I recommend Korean version, but you can listen to whatever version you want)

^Listen to the song while reading the chapter. If the song ends before you're done, listen to the other version or replay it. (I recommend it, but you don't have to)^

*The chapter is a bit long*

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The First Chapter

<________________>

  ~ "Bombs Away" ~

_______________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Kim Lily's POV

I was lost, forgotten, abandoned, a loner. My birth parents left me when I was born to fulfill their future. Of course, their career was more important than I was. So, I was left into an orphanage near Seoul in South Korea. Sometimes, I wonder to myself if there was ever something wrong with me. Why wouldn't anyone adopt me? Did I look weird? Are my braids tied in my hair awkward? Am I just a child people never wanted to adopt? I have tried to figure out a way to end all of this. I've tried self harm. Looked for sissors, knifes, even tried to jump off a cliff. I just never had to the heart to do it. I wondered to myself, was this really necessary? Ending your own life just because no one likes you enough to take you in as a child? So, I decided to let time work to have a better future for me.

  A sharp voice calls my name. "Kim Lily" comes from a rough person. The voice belongs to Yie Op. That meant that he was calling me for attendence roll call. He hates me so much that he bans me from ever talking to the older children, and he knows I hate young children. I call him, O.P. like Oh Pee. It's kind of funny if you think about it. We are supposed to pronounce it "O-ph" like the sounds of the letters "O" and "P" together. He forces me to call him from his last name, Yie, than calling him by his first name and making fun of it. Also, I have to call him Master Yie, just because I have to. I really don't know why, though. "Are you going to come out or not?" The voice asks. I want to answer, "not" but then he would just get furious and shove me against the wall and spank me, like he always does. Yes, it is child abuse, although he denies it. I walk out slowly to the door from my ugly room. That just makes him even more mad. "Kim FLOWER Lily!" Oh Peed Master Yie says. Arg...I hate it when he calls me by my middle name. It's so awkward to have a middle name like "Flower".

  I go to the back of the line-like always-and stand there quietly while the older kids (that I never got to talk to) stare at me like I am a wild animal. I just wish that I would be able to play with the older kids. That way, I wouldn't be a complete loner like I am now. The younger kids talk to me now and then, but none of them were a real, close friend. "Kim Lily!" Kae Yuna calls. I answer with a soft, "Here." Mrs. Kae was always my favorite person at the orphanage. She would play with me when I was alone, even though Master Yie told her not to. She would take risks every night and read a story to me or two when I was younger. Now, she is still supportive, but she joins the younger kids now. What I hate is that Master Yie is in charge of the older kids and Mrs. Kae is in charge of the younger kids. When you have your sixteenth birthday, you're considered in the older group, but Master Yie still forbids me from talking to the older kids. So, Mrs. Kae daily begs Master Yie if I could join the younger kids, and with three months of begging and pleading, he accepts.

  "Very well. Please all go back to your dorms-" I slowly walk back to the left door where the younger children's dorms are. "-except for you, Lily." Master Yie's voice is sharp as a knife, or as a pencil that has just been sharpened. I'm scared, but I say something back at him to make it look like I'm not afraid. "Why are you calling me back?" I shoot back in a dark tone.

  "Young lady, that tone of voice is not respectful to your ajusshi."

  "Joesonghabnida...('Joesonghabnida' means sorry in Korean...or as Google Translate tells me...)." I'm really not that sorry to him...I just want to be respectful, that's all. Master Yie glares at me, sighs, and then speaks. "You can no longer stay at the younger childrens' dorms. You are fit to leave from that dorm tomorrow night." My eyes are filled with shock. I try to grab my sissors and cut myself again. Where are my sissors? I can just cut myself in front of him. I'll just end everything right here. But no, he cannot tell me what to do just because I am sixteen. Can he? I must be respectful to those who are older than me, and I know that. "Master Yie..." I begin. "Mrs. Kae is in the younger childrens' dorms. I need her. Without her, I can't do anything."

  "Well then, I guess you won't do anything in the older kids' dorms. Lily, this is for the best of you. You hang out with children who are younger than you, and you don't even talk to them! I am the owner of this orphanage and I expect you to follow me no matter what. One more word from you, and you are on the streets of Seoul alone. You hear me?" Before I can nod slowly and disobey his rules again, a voice makes me jump. I my head around to see whom the voice belonged to. I cannot believe that she was actually standing up for me! "YIE OH PEED!" Mrs. Kae's voice shrills. I see that she has caught onto my jokes. I chuckle a bit but turn away from Master Yie so he doesn't see me laughing at Mrs. Kae making fun of him. "Kae Yuna, not you too," he mumbles.

  "Op, you cannot force a child to just do whatever you want just because they have to. Lily, come to me." I run over to Mrs. Kae even though I am still afraid that Master Yie might have a weapon in him. "Go to sleep, Lily. It's night already." I go to the younger childrens' dorms, unsure if I even belonged here. I would let Mrs. Kae and Master Yie talk it out. I really hope that Master Yie is not going to kill Mrs. Kae. I run over to my bed, the farthest one from the door and the one closest to the window, in the dark. I hug the teddy bear that Mrs. Kae gave me since the begining, I haven't let it go ever since. It may be all messed up, almost out of stuffing, and only has one eye and two buttons on its shirt left, but I will treasure it forever. Yes, it looks kind of weird a sixteen year old has a teddy bear she still keeps, but it means the world to me.

  Sirens come on and I see flashing red and blue light when I'm trying to sleep. It has been raining all night and I still haven't found the need to sleep. Was Master Yie and Mrs. Kae still out there? I still wonder about the horror. A boy with orange hair and a tint of yellow in comes crawling into the little hole where our puppy used to play in. Gagie, our puppy, died during a snow storm. My eyes can't believe what they're seeing. He looks older than me, and he looks very wealthy and has a big house with a lot of gold in it. Is he the celebrity in those Korean music companies? I might've seen him in this month, the only time I can go onto the Internet or watch the big TV in Master Yie's office. He's in SHINee! I shout in my head. SHINee was my third favorite band, of course, I don't remember them well, though, since I have spent my time once a month watching other people. Isn't he Taemin? He has to be Taemin. He might be in Super Junior! TVXQ? B.A.P?! Or that band that just came out not too long ago, EXO. Isn't he Bekhun...Baekhyun? Baekhyun is that guy who hits high notes, right?

  "Who are you?" I whisper loudly. He sees me, and his expression shows that he thought I was asleep. The raindrops outside keeps dropping and I could hear rumbling, which meant thunder, and thunder meant lightingstorms. "Shh!" He pulls me and covers my mouth, fearing that I would scream. I would sceam, if he covering my mouth. "Ai-ya!" He shouts eyeing the little thing that was on the corner of my bed. A black thing attached with a timer that was counting down. I suddendly realized why he was screaming. "It's a bomb! Quick, we gotta get everyone outta here," he says and shoves me to the ground.

  I pick up Rosie, Yoo-gook, Lacie, and four other kids. When me and the boy shove open the door, Master Yie raises his eyebrow. "What is THIS?! And who are you?" Master Yie points at the boy.

  "No time to explain! There's a bomb in that house, and we only have two minutes left!" The boy says and he drops the younger children off, running into the dorms of the older kids. In a second, all the other kids get out of their dorms. I look around to see where Mrs. Kae was. I couldn't find her, but suddendly, I hear a call. "LILY! LILY! LILY!" My eyes jump and I run inside the younger childrens' dorms. "What are you doing?!" The boy shouts. I don't care what anyone says and I run inside. I see Mrs. Kae, trapped in the bunk bed that has lost its ladder. She can't jump down, or she might've broken an elbow, or knock herself out. The beds were too close to each other. "Mrs. Kae! I'll get you down!" I eye the clock, only thirty seconds left, I have to hurry. Mrs. Kae gets down, but I run quickly to grab my teddy bear and the doors open. 3...I run out of the dorm. 2...I go out of the gate. 1...I run far away as possible.

  BOOM! The explosion attacks and I am left on my knees. I haven't heard Mrs. Kae running with me, though, but I am sure she is with me. "Mrs. Kae! We're alive! Mrs. Kae?" I shout, so happy of my victory. I hear groans, and suddendly I panick. The groans lead back to the orphanage, and I see Mrs. Kae lying on the ground, covered in black ash, and a part of is bruised off. "Lil-" she groans. I cry, pick her up so she could talk. "Lil-" I cry even louder, and my tears drop on her face. She has just enough energy to open my right palm and drop something in it. "Take care...of...yourself." The tears form into a river. "I will," I respond without hesitation. I put the chain that she has handed me into my pocket. "Remember..."she tries to say a few more last words. "don't try to self harm...you know that's not good." I nod, and my tears slowly start to turn into a lake. "And..." I wait for her last sentence to come. "Know that destiny and faith are working together. Slowly, but they are working for you.You will join me when destiny has decided, and faith will keep out looking with you." Mrs. Kae's arm drops and my tears flow like a waterfall. I have lost Kae Luna.

 

 

 

 

 

  The boy, Master Yie, and the rest of the children come join me mourn over the lost of a wonderful woman. I hope Master Yie feels guilt in his heart and that he knows he had done something wrong. Mrs. Kae's body is ready to be taken to the hospital to get her ready for her funeral. "Excuse me, Op, you can come join her in the hospital you can also pick another child to do so," the man who is driving the truck asks. Master Yie avoids looking me in the eyes. "Um...sure. I'll take Kim Lily with me." He looks up, but I avoid him.

  "No," I respond. "I don't need to see Mrs. Kae. I have already talked to her, and I don't want to cry any longer looking at her. Master Yie, you can go," I say past the lump in my throat. Of course I want to go visit her, but do I want to see her dead? No! The boy's head jerks up. "She can go live with me. I'm sure...urg...Master Yie, I'll keep her safe," the boy says. I am not sure about the boy. I can't trust him at the moment, but he did save my life. "Fine, but I can no longer keep Lily," Master Yie says. I am not shaken by Master Yie's evil words. He probably wanted me gone a long time ago.

  I hug the teddy bear the ride to the boy's house.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Thank you so much for staying with me for the whole chapter! Wait. Hello? Hello?! Are you still snoring?! Sorry if the chapter was long, these chapters will be longer in this fanfic, I guess. Also, thank you for supporting "Love, Laugh, Dance" all the way along! Part 1 is finished. Thank you for those who have subscribed and commented on "Love, Laugh, Dance." This chapter was actually finished on November 29th, 2013, I just wanted to finsh Part 1 of "Love, Laugh, Dance" to post this fanfic. Please feel free to comment, subscribe, add me as a friend, or anything supportive. Thank you so much. :) :-) XD **