➸ Cheatsheet & Application

THE ZODIAC GAMES ➸ ( apply open )

 

 

Cheatsheet: (note that I will use this kind of like a FAQ page too, so I will be giving ya'll a lot of information..)
1. I know I will get a ton of questions about this, so I'm going to address it here. You are usually, and I say usually, born into your district. The word usually is used because when people want to start familes and have children they will have to plan when they hope to get pregenant and give birth over a span of nine months. If they happen to give birth to a child that is not born within the time frame of those that belong in the district, then they will be transfered to their correct district where they will be taken care of by a foster family that will raise them as their own. So if you want you can make your character have something to do with this. 
2. The districts are not being forced to participate, they want to participate. However, your character can have mixed feelings about if they want to participate or not and mix feelings after they are chosen. Keep that in mind and give your characters variety. They are humans after all. 
3. I changed the age range from 13 to 20. They must be this age, there will be no 12 year olds 'turning' 13. Their age will be based off of international age which means no adding any years to your age. Simple math of 2003 minus their birth year. 
4. I gave you a source code for a reason. Do use it. The application will look a little different in editing mode than in presentation mode so don't feel the need to "fix" anything unless it's really messed up. All font is Avant Garde, size 11 (for text) size 12 (for titles), and white. 
5. As of right now you may only apply once. If I don't get enough boy applications I will open up the chance to apply twice. Details if needed for that will come later. If you apply as a boy the first time though you have a very very very high chance of being chosen.
6. I would prefer a mix of quailty and quantity. Not too short, but not way to long either. Short personalities is basically just giving me traits back to me. If you're having a hard time writing, think of how they act, when they act this way, why they act this way, just details. And if you find yourself writing like 6+ long paragraphs that contain 12+ sentences, see if you're being redundant. I find it happens a lot.
7. I don't have a huge problem with you recycling old applications, but please make sure it fits this story. I don't want to be reading anything about your character wanting to become a singer and what not. 
9. Don't private your application at any time. I say this because I along with the co-authors will refer back to your application multiple times throughtout this story. I will not accept 'friends only' applications either, because you may be friends with me, but as for the other two co-authors I don't think they want to be getting friend request left and right or having to send you a friend request just in order to review your application. Leaving it public will be the most convenient.
10. Do not plagiarize other's apps. I have had this happen to me before and you will automatically be rejected from applying. Even if you really like someone's character do not copy them! 
11. Make sure to turn in your application to the right place. If you don't then we will not even look at your application.
12. Feel free to do further research on the zodiac signs. Links I prefer are: 1 2 3 
13. Be creative and have fun! 
 
Characters:
    Face Claims ─ Only models and ulzzangs and try to match them with your personality. There are many of them out there so don't you all just use popular ulzzangs such as Baek Sumin, Park Sora, Joo, Hana, Kim Shin Yeong. If they fit your character then feel free to use them, but I don't want 1/3 of my applicants all using Baek Sumin. 
     Ethnicity ─ I'm accepting anything, but don't go all 1/4 Korea 1/4 Japanese 1/4 French 1/4 Swedish on me. The universal language will be English in here. 
    Personality ─ Notice that I did give you guys key traits for each district, not all of them are positive traits though. You do not have to use all the traits given, but they will help you out a whole lot. Thus this is a hint for  you to make a realistic character. I do not want perfect characters and if you do give me a perfect character you will be rejected until you fix it. 
    Background ─ From the moment they were born to this moment where tributes are being drawn. I want all the details on their life. The districts as you can see are not ordered in their wealth, meaning that you can come from a wealthier family in your district or you can come from a poor family in your district. 
    Best Friend & Friends ─ I have included them in the application, but you do not have to go in a lot of detail with them meaning writing us paragraph upon paraghraph of information about them. They will mostly only be in your character's teaser and the first one to two chapters of the story.
     Weapons & Fighting ─ Make it diverse please. I don't want everyone to pick bow and arrow just cause it's a bad weapon. I want variety. If you're stuck on weapon types you can go here to get ideas. Like I stated in the application do not make all of your stats 10s. I know that not everyone is perfect in fighting even after training. They have their strengths and they have their weaknesses.
 
   
    
Application: