Sweet

Chocolate
 
 
I set down the last box of deliveries of today, huffing out a sigh of achievement.
 
"Doyeon-ah."
Aheun unnie walked over to me, swerving aroung the stacks of boxes that were skewed around here and there.
"You little work-a-holic! These didn't need to be in until tomorrow!"
She scolded, laughing a little at the exasperated little girl sitting on top of a box.
 
"I thought I should clean my house tomorrow, so I cut some work for tomorrow." 
I argued, dusting my skirt as I stood up, chest held up high in defiance.
 
"All right- Whatever you say Miss Boss." 
Aheun unnie chuckled, opening up one of the cardboard boxes.
 
Being the executive representative of Baddoll clothing business would have been impossible with Aheun unnie.
She usually takes care of the bills, which I could never bring myself to be smart around, and manages deliveries.
That only made me feel like an unworthy boss, for all I ever do is have fun modeling in photoshoots and resolve customer dissatisfactions online.
 
As Aheun unnie and I started unpacking all the clothes that were ready to be shipped, I felt the sudden craving for chocolate.
Ever since I could remeber, chocolate has been a part of my life-
My addiction. 
Whenever I felt a jolt of emotion; sadness, happiness, nervousness, name it all- 
I popped a blissful square of chocolate in my mouth. 
 
I started searching for my stash of chocolate in the confined capacity of the room, regretting te fact I forgot to  bring some in my purse with me today.
 
"Unnie~ Have you seen my chocolate?" 
I whined, feeling the prickly sensation creep up at the end of my tongue, recognizing the absence of a sweet treat.
 
"I'm sure you ate it all Doyeon." 
Aheun unnie giggled, her tongue clicking at my obsession.
 
I tried to think of all the boxed clothing that has to be delivered to take my mind off the sweet drug I needed.
 
"Maybe you need a new obsession."
Aheun unnie joked, shaking her head at my fruitless efforts to take my mind off chocolate.
 
"Impossible." 
I stated, at the roof of my tongue for something sweet.
 
Then, Aheun unnie's phone rung, disturbing the peaceful morning.
 
"Yeobosaeyo?" 
Aheun unnie answered the phone, and as if she had hit jackpot, her face lit up.
 
She quickly hung up and closed the box she was occupied with only a moment ago.
 
"We're closing early Doyeon-ah. We have a party to go to." 
Aheun unnie's eyes twinkled dangerously, and I unintentionally gulped in a rising lump in my throat. 
I know that look- 
 
Uh oh.
 
 
 
 
____ L's POV ____
 
 
"Come on Myungsoo. Don't be a bum! I swear there's gonna be pretty girls there- not that girls are your main interest, but do it for the sake of your chilhood friend? Please?" 
 
Myungsoo closed his eyes and pressed his lips into a thin line- 
It would be extremely rude to reject an invitation from his childhood friend- 
But Myungsoo was never the party type.
 
"Fine. I'll go for you buddy." 
Myungsoo sighed.
 
His friend blurted out the party location and time in a hurried blur, and Myungsoo could catch a bit of his friend's voice muttering something about an ulzzang girl being there.
 
"What's the plan for you today?"
Woohyun chuckled as he passed by Myungsoo on the couch, reaching for the TV remote.
 
"Party. Suhjin called."
He tersely answered, nodding a careless nod from Woohyun.
 
"Someone say party?"
Sungjae crawled out of his room, hair disheveled and sleep written in his face.
 
"No. Go back to sleep."
Myungsoo chuckled, the ridiculousness of his band member never failing to amuse him.
 
"Remeber that you're a Korean Idol."
Sunggyu sat next to Woohyun, jokingly shoving Myungsoo.
 
"He means don't get wasted." 
Woohyun blandly announced, earning a shove from Myungsoo.
 
"When have you seen me get wasted?"
L smirked, well-aware of the contrasting difference between Woohyun's history with alchohol and his own modest one.
 
"That one time on Infinite's second anniversa-"
Woohyun clamped his mouth shut when he remebered that it wa him who didn't remember much about that night.
 
"Thought so." 
Sunggyu and L both spoke, chuckling at their member's speechless state.
 
"Woohyun's a drunkarddd"
Infinite H trudged in, sliding beside Hamster Sunggyu and Conservative Myungsoo.
 
"I swear I'll spread hamster sunflower seeds on your bed tonight Grandpa."
Woohyun threatened, the task seeming easy enough since Sunggyu shared the bedroom with him.
 
"Don't you dare Namstar. I will personally tell your fans of your alchohol habits." 
Sunggyu countered, and they both shut up.
 
During the little banter, Myungsoo was actually deep in thought.
For the first time in his life, he had to wonder what he will wear for a party.
 
 
 
 
_____ Doyeon's POV ____
 
"What's all this for?"
I questioned Aheun unnie.
 
After working the whole entire day at the delivery station to sort out ordered clothes, we turned in early to attend the party thay Aheun unnie had been so excited to attend.
 
Dresses, make-up, hair products-
 
"We're going to a party!" 
She simply replied, holding me by the shoulders and dropping me on to a seat.
 
"Bu-but-"
I tried to protest, but the lipstick and eyeshadow were both already applied, and my hair was being processed in a curler.
 
"Just hold steady. We might be on an adventure to find Mr.Perfect for you!" 
Aheun unnie giddily squealed.
"It's just too weird that a popular, rich ulzzang girl like you doesn't have a boy to call you to dates and romantic walks in the park."
 
"I'm fine the way I am." 
I pouted, having gone through the many lectures of how I'm just too pretty to be alone.
 
I only went through plastic surgery to feel better about myself, not to become an all-time boyfriend-occupant.
 
I was shoved into a closet with a pretty dress, and I grumbled unhappily as I put it on-
 
I was donned in a simple pastel-pink dress, which thankfully covered much of my skin and fell down to the  top of my knees.
I pulled on a short, white cardigan over the skinny straps and stepped out, feeling Aheun unnie's eyes do a checkup on the full outfit.
 
"You look pretty in anything." 
Unnie rolled her eyes, smiling as she put the final touches on my cheeks.
 
Unnie wore distressed black pants and a red top, revealing her flat stomach.
 
"Why can't I dress a little bad?" 
I smiled, pretending to be badass.
My company IS called Bad doll for a reason.
 
"Because I don't want bad guys thinking you're up for their dirty expectations." 
Unnie honestly replied, pinching my cheek.
 
After getting ready for the party, we headed out in Aheun unnie's car.
She looked excited and casual-
 
Well me, after months of working by myself, I can't really bring myself to ease at the mention of a party.
I fumbled with my fingers and wondered; who's going to be there?
Maybe I can make new friends.
 
The tingle of chocolate further occupied my mouth, for I have forgotten to fill myself with a daily dose.
Six years of indulging 1.6 tons of chocolate can really manipulate your senses.
 
And right now, I was craving for something chocolaty sweet.
 
 
______ Myungsoo's POV _____
 
 
"Bring Chocolate"
 
I stared at the text.
The does this mean? 
 
But nevertheless I grabbed a handful of chocolate squares from Sungjong's secret stash-
His fans give him too much maknae sweets.
 
"She ate 1.6 tons of chocolate in six years. Bring lots."
 
I pocketed more of the sweet treats and headed out, taking my own car for once.
 
Who is this person?! 
 
But my stacked knowledge of the guests of "Alien Virus" TV show brought forth a name, and thanks to Woohyun's couch-potato, tevevision-watching habit, I came to be aware of who I might be meeting today.
 
I somehow have a good feeling about this-
 
 
 
______ Your POV _____
 
He smoothly pulled into the parking lot and pulled on the hood he had disguised himself in.
 
*knock knock* 
 
He glanced up at the glass, his paranoia of getting caught by a journalist or a fan further accenturating every single one of his fidgety moves.
 
"Yo Myungsoo! You're here!" 
It was his friend's grin, popping open his car door and helping him up.
 
"'Course I'd be here bastard- I owe you one." 
Myungsoo smirked, rubbing his knuckle playfully on his friend's skull.
 
As they caught up on each others' ongoings, they entered the party location- Myungsoo's friend's residence, and Myungsoo was soon welcomed by a loud whoop.
 
"It's L in the house!" 
His other friends were there, greeting him with their plastic cups in their hands.
 
Myungsoo was busy talking with his long-time friends that he didn't notice other guests filing in the house.
 
"The ulzzang noona is here!" 
The host announced, and a clueless girl was walking in, led by a tall woman in front of her.
 
"Hey Myungsoo- she likes chocolate."
Myungsoo threw a scowl at his friend, failing to give him the full effect as his eyes never left the pretty girl walking in.
 
Doyeon's eyes stopped on a figure-
 A familiar figure.
 
"Unnie- isn't he an Infinite member?"
Doyeon tugged at Aheun's arm, eyeing the celebirity.
 
"Surprise! Now go talk to him! He's gorgeous!"
Aheun carelessly tossed Doyeon into L's direction, leaving her unguarded.
 
The music started booming, and Doyeon stood out awkwardly, trying to dodge all lustful stares and inapporpriate thoughts thrown at her.
 
"Unn-"
Doyeon's yelp was inaudible to everyone except the man eyeing her ever since she came in-
Myungsoo caught every detail.
 
He smoothly walked over to her, and handed out his hand.
 
"You seem lost. What's a popular ulzzang like you doing here? By the way, I'm Kim Myungsoo"
Myungsoo spoke over the loud music, grinning triumphantly.
 
"Touché. I'm a fan." 
Doyeon smiled, taking his hand.
"Kim Doyeon."
 
Myungsoo slipped something out of his pocket, remebering to get on her good side.
She's an Inspirit afterall.
 
"I heard you.. Uh .. Like chocolate."
He smiled, knowing very well that to this alien, her chocolate virus was not to be underestimated.
 
In a blink of an eye, the small sqare in Myungsoo's hand was unwrapped, and was being devoured in Doyeon's eager mouth.
After letting the solid dessert melt, Doyeon let out a moan of approval.
"Thanqq yhoo" 
She mumbled, her pronounciation hindered with her addiction.
 
Myungsoo let out a chuckle-
What's with this girl?! 
 
"I heard you run your own shopping business?" 
Myungsoo casually proceeded with baby steps-
It was unusual for him to be this social, for he was frequently forced on to strangers and sometimes obsessive fans.
Taking baby steps seemed like a good way to slow down.
 
"And how would you know?" 
Doyeon arched her eyebrow, more curious about him than the question being asked.
Weren't idol celebirites supposed o be snobby when they had their fair share of popularity and fame? 
 
"I watched Alien Virus." 
Myungsoo smirked, watching Doyeon's reaction burst into embarassment-
Who in their right minds will think she's normal after watching her gorge on messy chocolate food for a whole segment?
 
"Umm well, L-ssi, I watched your Weekly Idol episode of aegyo." 
Doyeon countered, not letting her own pride cringe alone.
 
"I beg to differ - I was planned to act cute, you volunteered to eat and drink chocolate on air."
Myungsoo's stubbornness didn't leave him as he came back with a witty remark.
 
"Fair point made. Chocolate's my life, and I don't think I'm planning to change that anytime soon." 
Doyeon huffed.
What was this little boy trying to say? 
Well.. He's not that little but..
 
"I wasn't trying to change anything. Just thought I should be aware of any dangerous habits you might have without chocolate." 
Myungsoo's smirk was back, and Doyeon was now having about enough of his tantalizing tone.
 
"Yah! I'm older than you! Don't try to mock me! "
Doyeon bursted, her tiny squeals of protest only strengthening Myungsoo's interest on the ulzzang.
 
"Arasseoyo noona~."
He whined, raising his arms to protest, trying his aegyo skills to the limit.
 
Doyeon's restrained smile broke, and she cracked up laughing.
"D-don't ev..ever do th..that again!!!" 
She laughed, her laugh hooking L's heart.
 
While the two were now sharing comfortable laughs and conversations, the party guests were eyeing the couple.
Isn't he on a date-ban?
Isn't she an ulzzang?
They are from two different worlds-
How are they suddenly getting along so well?
 
But everyone obeyed to the one rule of the party, enacted by the host himself : 
What happens in the party stays in the party.
 
Oblivious of all the side-looks and incoming concerns, Myungsoo and Doyeon further aquainted themselves to the point where all formalities were dropped.
 
"You have no rights to judge me L." 
Doyeon pointed her finger at the annoying dongsaeng as he kept teasing her about her weird addiction.
 
"I consider myself addicted to steak if that counts, Noona." 
Myungsoo shrugged, reaching for Doyeon's open phone.
 
He typed in his number, smiling like a kid as he saved himself in her contacts.
 
"What's this-?"
She opened her phone and grinned.
 
'Choco L ate'
 
"What are you trying to say? You want to be my new addiction or something?" 
Doyeon smiled, gaining another shrug from L.
 
"Maybe. I just hope I'm attractive enough."
L winked, bringing out another laugh from Doyeon.
 
"You're just being cheesy now."
She giggled, slapping L's shoulder.
 
Myungsoo smiled with her, liking where their conversations were coming to-
A new friend indeed.
 
She didn't judge him on his career status, nor did he.
She didn't discreminate or show any fake traits towards him-
To an isolated celebirity, it meant a lot.
 
Doyeon was now looking around the party atmosphere, searching for something daring-
Something fun.
 
"If you're so stubborn, I'd like to see you try alchohol." 
Dohye's playful tone spoke up, pointing to the liquor bar.
 
"I don't drink." 
L simply stated, shaking his head.
 
"Come on~ there's gotta be something you're hiding under the 'I'm so straightforward and diligent' act!" 
Doyeon teased, now bringing L's reputation and pride on the line.
 
"Bring it." 
L finally broke, sitting on the makeshift bar stool.
 
Doyeon and L were now downing little champange shots, laughing after every drink.
 
By now, Aheun and Suhjin had noticed, and they realized a tad too late that their friends were getting drunk.
 
"You're cute for a noona." 
L mumbled, eyes lazily rolling.
He puffed out his cheeks-
Okay, he's definitely drunk.
 
"You're not as snobby for a dongsaeng either."
Doyeon giggled, drinking down another fizzy shot.
 
Suhjin and Aheun exchanged looks-
They now had to take care of two drunkards, and Aheun probably has to tend Doyeon the next day.
Doyeon's work-focused mind of today now seemed like heaven's ticket to cut some work off tomorrow.
 
Suhjin caught Myungsoo as he dozed off and fell over, while Aheun was trying to get Doyeon to stand.
 
Inside Doyeon's swimming mind of slipping consciousness, she was tasting the lingering chocolate flavor in the pit of her bubbly stomach-
 
It tasted... Sweet.
 
~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ •
 
{ thank you frostysnowprincess unnie for correcting me on the random name typo ^^}