You're Mine

The Recognition

 

You are mine

 

 

It was a sunny morning, and everything was as bright as the weather. The rest of the gang, excluding Woobin, decided to spend some free time on the patio.

"Yah! Junpyo how was the plan last two days ago? Huh?" Yi Jeong asked seated comfortably, with his elbows resting on his knees.

"It was a success! Hahahaha... You already know she's head-over-toes on me, right?" Junpyo replied throwing both his arms up and rested it at the arm rest.

"What head over toes are you blabbing about? Head over heels! Pabo! It was more like he locked me up in the hospital room just to have a date with him." Jandi exclaimed, clarifying the whole scenario to the rest of her friends.

"Yah! Geum Jandi don't talk false rumor to Yi Jeong. Do you know the she ki..."

Junpyo was not able to finish his statement, because Jandi was too fast to cover his mouth and then strangled him without mercy. Yi Jeong could only chuckle at the view across him. There were few more banters and teasing before Yi Jeong felt that something was missing, and just then, he caught Jiho's gaze and saw him raised a chin directing to the kitchen. Yi Jeong knew what it meant and had given Jiho a smirk and went straight to the kitchen.

"Aren't you done yet?" He asked, arms crossed on his chest and was leaning on the wall perpendicular to where Gaeul was. It was enough to provide him a good view of what she was doing.

"Oh? Sunbae, I'm almost done here. Why?"

"We're going somewhere."

He headed forward and sat on the chair right across her. He rested his elbows on top of the table and watched her intently. She was busily arranging the dishes they had used for lunch and was drying and placing the utensils back in the lockers.

"Where are we going?” She asked while her back facing him, but Yi Jeong did not answer.

“Sunbae, will you please tell me where we're going? I'm always dragged in places without even knowing where and why." She said right as she spun around to face, and then seated across him sporting a pout.

"We’re going to the kiln. I have to say something to you." He said, imitating her expression.

Gaeul furrowed her brows and formed her lips into a thin line. "Are you going to say something or order me things again?"

Yi Jeong chuckled at her remark. "You will know later."

 

 

"Yi Jeong Sunbae really likes Gaeul. I can see that he loves her a lot, but... Will Gaeul say yes to him if he'll ask her to be her girlfriend?" Jandi asked curiously.

Gaeul told Jandi fragments of what had happened with her and Yi Jeong. She knew that her friend was still hiding something, but she chose not to pry anymore, because even if Gaeul would deny, she’s obviously exuding a happy aura.

"She told me Yi Jeong Sunbae did not give her a choice. I still can't believe he can do that to her... But I think it's going to be great at the end. What do you think, Sunbae?"

"They do make a great couple. I won't oppose anything between them. Let's see how things will turn out after this day." Jiho offered in an uncanny way.

"I'll bet my whole fortune; those two will end up together. Yi Jeong is unquestionably making things happen." Junpyo in, making Jandi looked at him like it wasn't him talking.

"Are you serious?" She amusingly inquired to the confident looking Junpyo. 

"Of course! I won't risk my future for anything I'm not sure of." That was an intelligent speech from the Great Junpyo.

On the other hand, Jiho was also equally confident as his friend. His previous concern was now put to rest as Woobin made a turnaround about what he was feeling for Gaeul. Jandi also poured her heart out for Woobin and even called him immediately right after Jiho shared what had happened.

Everything was going great and smooth, except for the case of Yi Jeong's grandfather. And all of them were quite thrilled at what will happen in the future.

 

On the other side of the world, there were people leaving and arriving, stepping into different chapters of their life - something very different, something new, strangers fleeting, old fellows meeting anew.

Roaming his eyes around the long trail of seats and people checking up their places, Woobin stretched comfortably in his spot. That was the very first time in his life that he accommodated a non-business class ticket on a plane. He didn't know why, but just the thought of how would things is, if he'd act like a normal tourist and do usual things a tourist normally do, made him a little curious. For the first minute from his boarding, he was undoubtedly entertained with all the commotions and hassles people around him get. He flexed his legs and stretched it until it reach under the next passenger's chair. The seat beside him was not yet occupied and he hoped it won't be. He would probably need it, if he gets uncomfortable later. He put his earphones on and shuffled down his playlist. His flight from France to Prague won't be that long so he decided to take a short nap.

~

 

"This is really exciting. I never thought it would be some kind of like this." She was walking along the isle of the plane, carrying her tiny carrier with her left and her clutch bag hung on her right shoulder. She was having a paper in her hand, to where her seat number was written.

"Row F seat 4." She adjusted her vision and caught the exact location of the plaque placed right above the headboards.

"There!" Her gait grew faster. She reached her seat in just a minute and saw her seat mate's legs fully stretched, almost occupying her assigned seat.

"This is just great!" She expressed with her jaw closed tightly. She placed her carrier in the head board cabinet before she turned back to the not-so-nice co-passenger, who happened to be her seat mate. She poked his shoulders.

"Excuse me Mister." Jaekyung uttered rather calmly, but he did not even stir and so, she proved again.

"Excuse me Sir. You happen to occupy my seat with your legs." Her tone was a bit higher this time, with evident irritation. The man took of his plugs and then his dark glasses.

"Mister you hap..."

"Monkey!"

"Song Woobin?"

 

Back in Seoul

Yi Jeong guided her as they sat right in front of the large furnace. For him it was like de javu, being in this place again with her for such a long time, it was like a dream. The place played a significant part in his past, his present and absolutely his future. She was there, right beside him and he couldn't even explain all the feelings currently rambling inside him. It's the culmination of his dreams; one by one happening like he’s actually inside it, enchanted.

Gaeul gazed at his side profile as he was seated beside her, looking like a prisoner in his own thoughts. The entire prevailing events in her life have now been something any person would ask to have.

Having extraordinary people as her friends was truly a one in a million chance, especially for a simple commoner like her. Even more amazing and almost unbelievable was to have an extraordinary person to profess his love to her. How epic would that be?

But it was certainly happening to Gaeul. Among all the people in Korea, why her? She’s plain, ordinary, no doubt imperfect and with amnesia. And him, he's a son of one of the richest Conglomerate families in their country, a protégé, a man with class and breeding and to top it all, he’s also one of the most devastatingly gorgeous men she had ever known.

"That's too unfair."

All the things running in his mind were cut off by her words. Yi Jeong shifted his gaze to her and caught her looking at him with unreadable intensity coming from her eyes.

"Sunbae how can you be prettier than me? That's so unfair!" He blew down some air and shook his head at her statement.

"I know I’m good looking and that I can't do anything about that anymore, but me prettier than you? You clearly got some eye problem, Gaeul-yang" He argued levelly.

"I literally do. But seriously?" Gaeul retorted, reminding him that she actual have low graded eyes.

"Hmm. You're the prettiest person I've ever laid eyes onto." With his words, usually, girls would be swooning around, throwing their bodies to him.

But his Gaeul-yang just looked at him with pure amusement before cracking up with what he said. Never in his entire life, Yi Jeong the great Casanova blushed with so much embarrassment and that’s because Gaeul had laughed over his antics. And simply as her mirth ended, he saw her grab his hand and was about to stand up.

"What are you doing?" He asked in bewilderment.

"Bringing you with me, to my eye doctor, you probably have some worst case of eye problem."

"Yah! Chu Gaeul" He pulled her back into her place and Gaeul then sat back, still grinning at him.

"You're the same... as always you would laugh at my honest remarks about you. Chu Gaeul, how do you manage to be malleable to change?" Gaeul tilted her head, pondering about his statement, before looking back at him.

"I don't know. I got amnesia, right? But maybe that's how my nature works... Jiho Sunbae told me to just be spontaneous on how I present myself to other people. Never let them influence me in a negative way, even if I would look as stupid and silly as Junpyo Sunbae. I clearly don't know what would be my bases then, since I lost some of my memory. But I realize that it will never be hard, if you will learn and do what's right and behave like it, unpretentious and just plain natural."

Gaeul averted her eyes from him and stared at the warm burning furnace, “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind – by Dr. Seuss. Right Sunbae?”

"No one could have said it better, just you Gaeul-yang." Yi Jeong felt so proud of how much maturity Gaeul had gain for years. Even if sometimes she would act childish and naive, she had never failed to amaze anybody when she talks about serious matters, with her thoughts flashing out in an impromptu. 

"How was I, back then, Sunbae?" He heard her ask and he wanted to just pull her in and hug her, tell her that she was amazing just like today and even on the following days of her lifetime.

But instead, Yi Jeong took her hand and held it with both of his. He looked at her straight in the eyes and said, "You're one of the most amazing people I've ever met. I never have expected that the person I saw in a porridge shop would change my whole life from how dark and miserable it was for this, a bright and cheerful life, so bright like the sun. You're my miracle, Gaeul-yang. You just don't know how much hard work you poured in, just for me to become the 'me' now."

She nodded and smiled at him, hoping that she would actually remember those forgotten days. "Are you willing to share some stories about the past me? I really want to know, Sunbae."

"Of course." He answered and then a comfortable silence engulfed the open, but totally warm place.

"Oh?! By the way, I have to give something to you, Sunbae." Gaeul scrambled and took her hand from his, and pulled something from her bag.

She smiled at him and kept his hand open before she placed something on it. Yi Jeong's eyes went wide at the sight of the object on his hand. It was the tiny black box with an intricate diamond lock looped around it.

"How did...?"

"It was handed to me by Oppa. He said your father asked him to give that to you, but then he decided to hand it to me. He said it would be better if I'll be the one to show it. Oppa said, you were su... suppose to give... that to... me"

Nodding at her, he raised the tiny box and traced its corners and edges like it was a piece needed to be critiqued. He gazed back at her with the tiny box still on his hands.

"Do you know what's inside this?" Gaeul shook her head at his question. "I thought so. I bet you don't know how to open this one. Do you want to know how?"

To be honest, Gaeul was intrigue of what that tiny box housed inside, but she felt reluctant to know it. Just by looking at it, she could conclude that what's inside could cause a fortune. From the looks of it; the box was obviously made by a well-known jeweler and she didn't know how many carats it got, the more would be the content.

"Is it really okay to get a peek?"

"Of course. This is actually for you, so I'll just show you how to open it, and then I'll give it back to you."

"But Sunbae...?"

She was about to argue, but she saw him sporting a pout, shamelessly displaying his upset face to her while looking at the tiny box.

Aigoo! This man, chinja!

"Why is it that you always make me do things you want?" Gaeul uttered exasperatedly helpless. Howbeit, Yi Jeong was still giving her those adorable pout. He just discovered a newly found power against her and he's more than willing to put it up until she's nothing but defeated.

"Okay, okay Sunbae. I'll accept it." She nudged him a little and smiled sweetly. "Yi Jeong Sunbae? You can now show me how to open it, please? Huh?"

Yi Jeong couldn't help grinning at himself. Definitely Gaeul had no power against his childishness. It's a bit unusual for him to act like such, but since his flirting would not work on her, better be unpretentious and just do random stuff that would literally show his mischievous side.

"Sunbae? I said I'll accept it already right?"

He was still not looking at her, and so she stood up and went in front of him. She sat and lifted his chin for him to face her, who managed to imitate his expression very well. "Sunbae? Yi Jeong Sunbae? Come on?"

He felt and looked like teenage boy finally able to catch his crush's attention; yet, Yi Jeong controlled himself from melting into a puddle of sweetness. He opted to set his emotions aside, because he had something important to tell her.

"Gaeul-yang, I'm leaving again." He said, dropping the bomb so nonchalantly.

Yi Jeong wanted to know what her reaction would be, now that they would soon be apart from each other, it wouldn’t be that long, but still, he wanted to know what she was feeling inside. 

All of a sudden, as if in reflex, Gaeul's eyes went round and her lips were parted a little before she closed it, her eyebrows were furrowed together too.

"Sunbae?" 

He is leaving? Did he grow tired of me? Did I make it hard for him?

"Why?" All of a sudden, she felt reluctant about letting him leave. She couldn't explain why she was feeling so down after hearing his news and it seemed as if she didn’t want him to leave anytime soon. 

Yi Jeong noted how her eyes became dark and how her face was painted an unreadable expression. "I'm going back to Sweden. I'm working on the new arrangement of our family business."

"Oh? I see. So you're not coming back any sooner?" She sounded low and a bit indifferent.

"Why? Are you going to miss me?" It was meant to be a tease, but Yi Jeong was hopeful that maybe she would really miss him, even just for a few days.

"ANI!" She glared at him and shifted her gaze down her hands after.

Bingo! Yi Jeong was now smiling widely.

"Chu Gaeul once said to me, 'Strong denial is an affirmation'. I'm guessing it absolutely applies to both of us, Gaeul-yang. I can vividly see that."

"Yah! I said I'm not!" She argued, trying very hard to draw up her pride.

He watched her in amusement and did not bother to give any reaction. "I'll be staying there for a week or two only." He offered, and then saw her eyes go back to him reflecting pure astonishment.

"Really!"

"You're relieved. Aren't you?" Gaeul's cheeks were instantly adorned with soft blush and it made Yi Jeong's proud ego build up high.

"Okay… As you say you won't miss me… So maybe I'll just stay there for good." He uttered in a fake somber tone.

"Don't!" Yi Jeong was frightened when she abruptly exclaimed. "Fi... Fine… I'll miss you… just a little…" Gaeul's voice was faltering until it became a whisper.

He could not keep his happiness any longer; it just burst out of him. He pulled Gaeul into a hug and held her tightly.

"You're not a good liar, Gaeul-yang. Do you know that?" She was seriously taken aback by what he did, but then there was that certain familiarity between them and being in his embrace felt like it was where she actually belongs.

Gaeul composed herself, reminding her heart that it was okay, and it's not scary and so it should have been slowing its beating. After some time, her heart settled down and she was all comfortable.

She rested her chin on his shoulders and smiled. "Yeah. I won't be lying anymore since it gets more complicated." It was honest, obviously, since she at lying.

Both of them laughed before they let go from the hug.

"Since you said you won't be lying to me anymore… I'll be asking you something and better answer me honestly."

She nodded her head earnestly while he swallowed the lump forming in his throat and locked his gaze with hers.

All or nothing. This is it So Yi Jeong. So he sighed so deeply, hoping that his voice would certainly come out sounding normal.

"Gaeul-yang... Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Eh?"

Huh? Ottokhae? What to do?

"Sunbea?" She saw, he closed his eyes while his hold on her hands became tighter.

His hands were now cold and sweaty. Evidently, Yi Jeong was honest with her and undeniably nervous about what she would say.

"Sunbea, look at me." Almost reluctantly, Yi Jeong slowly opened his eyes and gazed back at her.

"Would it matter to you if my memory about you won't get back anymore?"

"Of course it doesn't matter. We can have new memories together to replace those… if....uhm if you…"

"Sunbae, you're quite popular with females…"

"I am not a Casanova anymore, for such a long time already, Gaeul-yang"

"I just want to make sure… I still have a lot of things that I want to know. I got a lot of pictures with me. So, will you be patient answering my inquiries about my past?"

"I promise you that I'll be patient. I'll be glad to tell it to you myself."

"Thank you, Sunbae!" She smiled and he felt like he was lost all of a sudden. "To be honest, I really… like… you... So… Yes!" Gaeul voice faltered down the end of her sentence. She was blushing like cherries.

Yi Jeong was earnestly nodding at her every word. "I will never get tired to tell you that I love you that much, Gaeul-yang. So…" He stopped mid-sentence and looked back at her with bewilderment, somehow, somewhere in his hazy head, he heard her say something sounding like a 'yes'.

"What did you say?" His eyes went as wide as a full moon and his heart had gone crazy, Yi Jeong did not clearly comprehend what Gaeul said.

She said 'yes' didn't she? He badly wanted to know if what he heard was indeed right and coherent. 

"I did not say anything; neither would I repeat if there were any."

"Yah! Chu Gaeul!" Now she was laughing at him and stood up from her spot.

"No repeating for the hard hearing, Sunbae." And she stuck her tongue out and was about to walk away from him when he swiftly grabbed her hand and pulled her making her bent down just right in front of his face.

"Apparently I heard what you said, Gaeul-yang. And I will never let you go." His words almost knocked Gaeul senses, and thanked Gad he was holding her right in place.

"Yi Jeong..."

With evident happiness in his heart, he stood up just so near her and place the box in between them. He took her hand and placed the box on top of her palm.

"This is how you open it, Gaeul-yang."

Her eyes went round, observing how Yi Jeong pressed down the clustered diamond, enough until a clicking sound was heard. He untangled the looped diamond studded silver string like a ribbon. Gaeul's eyes went even wider when the box flipped open and revealed an elegant looking band generously and intricately adorned with diamonds and a sapphire placed right on top of it.

Yi Jeong took it out from the box and revealed that it wasn't just a ring, but it came out with a stylish chain securely hooked on it.

"I badly wanted to give this to you for such a long time. And now that you're here, honestly, I am feeling overly anxious. Do you know that?" She looked at him smiling and shook her head.

Gaeul was certainly speechless and was still bracing herself as tight as possible, so that her heart would not get out of her chest.

The whole scene playing right in front of her was unquestionably a dream for the both of them, even more to him.

Placing back the box on his pocket, Yi Jeong smiled and gazed at her lovingly.

"I love you so much, Chu Gaeul." He whispered, loud enough for her to hear.

Yi Jeong swept her hair to her left shoulder, raised the necklace with the ring as its pendant and wound his arms around her neck to anchor the jewelry.

Gaeul's heart went frenzy with what Yi Jeong was doing. Basically, he was placing the necklace on her neck, but his face was too close to hers that she could not even blink her eyes.

"Sunbea…"

But her words were cut off for the reason that Yi Jeong just shuts her up with a kiss. She fought hard not to close her eyes, but no doubt dying to behave thusly. It was their third kiss already, yet for Gaeul, it seemed like it’s their first again.

Does it always feel the same even if it was done too many times already?

She didn't know, still, pure facts may tell her that the feeling would only be the same if it's with the same person. 

I think I'm really in love with you, Yi Jeong-ah.

He was so happy, very happy, actually. Yi Jeong couldn't explain how happy he was feeling inside.

The woman he was holding at the moment was no doubt his one and only soul mate. The only person who could make his heart go crazy, make it skip some beats, yet still he remained alive thereafter.

He was now and again having her lips on his. And he’s marking it as his own, silently telling her that she would never have any other man kiss her, just him.

Yi Jeong was self-surrendering, allowing himself to be the prisoner of her so devastatingly addictive lips.

"Don't change your lip gloss and tell me who your dentist is, Gaeul-yang." He uttered right after they broke from the kiss.

"Why?" She asked almost breathlessly.

"I'll definitely give him a European Cruise vacation." 

"Eh?" She wondered while sporting that beautiful smile of hers.

Because he is damn great at taking care of your teeth making them perfect when you smile.

"If you really like doing 'that', better thank my parents for it." Gaeul retorted. She knew exactly what he meant, but just couldn't voice it out in front of him.

Yi Jeong chuckled so loudly. Gaeul, she's really something, isn't she?

"God! I just love you, Gaeul-yang."

She smiled and said shyly. "I just think I 'do', too."

Yi Jeong's smile grew even wider before he bent down and kissed her again.

"I knew that way too long ago, but I love you more."

She's his, but not yet as a whole. And there, his mind was now planning for his next step. How about making it official and legal with certification and seal?

(Nah! Not so fast So Yi Jeong!)


a/n: I'm begging for some review  T T... thank you for reading!