It?

The Recognition

It?

 

Dear guests, welcome to the 21st Commencement Exercise of Shinwa University College of Psychology.

"Guys, want to hear some update about our hooked doctor?"

Giggling sound was heard after the statement. The gang has now crowded on a long dinner table inside a private first class restaurant, just a minute drive out of Seoul. They had arranged an intimate dinner to celebrate Gaeul's graduation, inviting only few close friends and family. Dinner was just served and everyone enjoyed the food. The girls were chatting about stuffs while the guys were busy talking nonsense and random teasing.

"Hooked doctor? Who?"

"Jiho", Woobin and Jaekyung chorused.

"So? How was it going, Jiho-yah?"

"He's hooked on what? I don't get it."

"It will be a big miracle if you ever get it on time, Gu Junpyo."

"This man here is hiding something on us. However, I'm guessing you got the picture, right? How do you want him to spill things out? A torture?"

"Woobin-ah don’t dare start with me." Jiho confidently flash a smirk while glancing at the heiress before looking back at Woobin. He saw his friend gulped hard and the entire gang cracked except Prince Song and Junpyo, while Jaekyung laughed with them with a different reason. The confused, but laughing Jaekyung made them laughs even more.

"Yah! That's enough, Jiho Sunbae. Oppa is already red." In the end, Gaeul saved Woobin's face.

"I still don't get it." Junpyo whispered to Jandi.

"I'll tell you later. I think we should just listen to Gaeul for now."

"Arasso."

"There here..." Woobin caught everyone's attention as he glanced towards the large wooden door.

"Auntie Seorin! Uncle Seunghun!" He waved his hand to Gaeul's parents whose roaming their eyes around probably looking for them.

"Appa! Umah! You're a bit late. I thought you wouldn't come." Gaeul immediately walked towards them and wounded around her dad's arms.

"This place is a quite hard to locate, Honey. But we still made it, right?" Her dad hugged her tightly and kissed her forehead.

"We're so proud of you, Honey. Your Appa was actually crying during the ceremony..."

"I was just overly carried by my emotions this morning." Gaeul's dad swiftly defended himself.

"Thank you so much Umah and Appa. I'm so happy."

Yi Jeong quietly observed the family spoke at each other before he went to them and paid some greetings. "Good evening Uncle Seunghun, Aunt Seorin. Thank you so much for coming." He bowed.

"Thank you too, Yi Jeong and to everybody on throwing a party for Gaeul. It’s so nice of you." Seorin hugged Yi Jeong while Seunghun smiled and tapped Yi Jeong's back. The rest of the gang went and gave Gaeul's parents their greetings before everyone gathered to share the next course being served by a Japanese chef.

Few days had passed and even though she just graduated and freed from school activities, Gaeul was still as busy as she was. She's been continuing her photography classes and was currently working on her extremely important project. Her credentials for post graduate course were already on the go and she'll be attending post grad school on the coming school year. Gaeul had discussed all her future plans with her parents and they were too excited about it. Her dad had always been supportive of her while her mom reminded her of important things that might come through her way. And one of it was Yi Jeong. Seorin, told her daughter to properly tell Yi Jeong about all her plans and her future decisions. Her mother told her that it’s necessary for Yi Jeong to know what she's up to so that both of them could easily adjust.

"Gaeul-yang?"

"Hmm?"

"Will you go with me at home? Grandma is pestering me about you..."

"Uh..."

Gaeul was a bit reluctant on meeting Yi Jeong's Grandma. He's been asking her for a while to just meet his Grandma Haejin even for an hour, but then she would tell him she's afraid. Being a considerate boyfriend, Yi Jeong gave in.

"Okay, when?" Yi Jeong halted on twirling her hair and faced her properly.

"Is it okay if today? I'm quite busy the next day and you'll be having you photography class. And I still have to settle things with Abojie. He told me I need to do something important. In short both of us are packed for the week." Gaeul looked at him with a pout, she was imitating him.

"Yeah, I won't be able to see you for days..." she pinched his cheeks. “It’s okay, we can go this afternoon. I also got something important to tell you."

Yi Jeong became curious. "What is it?"

Gaeul smiled at him. "Later. I'll tell you later. Okay?" He nodded, but still he's too curious about it. Yi Jeong crooked his head on her shoulder and peeks on what she's doing.

"What's that?" He asked when he saw photo of an apron and a pot with written captions on the bottom. Gaeul immediately closed the portfolio and keep it away from him.

"Yah! I was just asking. Where did you take those photos? I saw a pot... what's that?"

"Nothing, I'm hungry. What do you want to eat?" She tried to change the topic which was effective at the moment.

"You're cooking for me?"

"Ani, you're cooking for us." She laughed. "You cook better than I. So you cook for me."

"I'm not your personal cook, Bumpkin."

"But I'm hungry. Feed me!"

"You're not my pet either."

"Hungry...! Sunbae, just cook for now, okay? Okay?"

Yi Jeong flopped down the couch and snored, pretending to sleep.

"You're not going to cook, huh?!" Gaeul furrowed her brows before she slipped her finger under his armpit which instantly alarmed Yi Jeong.

"Yah! Gaeul-yang, stop that!"

 It was tickling him even if she just placed her finger immobile in his armpit. He was wiggling from her and controlling himself not to laugh, but she held on his spare hand tight. Yi Jeong couldn't give enough force to keep her away since he was struggling from her and felt weak from holding his laugh.

"I won't. It stays there for a while." Gaeul was laughing at him. As an immediate response to her action Yi Jeong kept his arms close trapping her finger on his armpit.

"The worm will start to move" With that Gaeul started to wiggle her finger tickling Yi Jeong.

"Yah...! Hahahaha... Stop it! Gaeul-ya... Hahaha. Okay, okay! I'm on it... I'm on it"

Gaeul stuck her tongue to him and pulled her finger out from his armpit.

"Huh! Yah! You!"

Gaeul bolted fast away from him and ran in a distance.

"Time out! Time out!" She yelled from the corridor as she saw Yi Jeong heading to her.

"Time out my foot." He uttered under his breath as he walked towards her, smiling mischievously. "Hey you! Bumpkin, come here!"

"No! No. No, Sunbea, I said time out already." She went to the round table to keep away from him.

"No time out rules here." He saw her almost crying from laughing, but with an evident expression of unwillingness. In a swift motion he leaped in front of her and Gaeul was so stunned by it.

"So? Revenge time?"

"Ahh! Time out! Time out! Please, Sunbea time out!"

 

(Jiho-Minsoe)

"I'm sorry."

"..."

"Hey. I said I'm sorry already."

She whipped her head to him and glared. Irritation was what she could feel at the moment, but then she couldn't get angry at him. With a voice sounding like a whisper, she answered him. "Okay. I'll forget what you did. I forgive you, but if you really mean what you said you shouldn't have brought me a bouquet of red roses. You even have the guts to give it to me in front of my colleagues. I just can't understand you...! You've been the smart guy, but all of a sudden you turned stupid, Dr. Yoon." Minseo looked at her co-nurses whose been grinning at her from the time Jiho made another scene.

She drew deep sigh and shook her head. Jiho was quiet beside her. Probably reflecting his actions. She tugged his sleeves and signaled him to follow her out at the hospital garden which he did. Minseo took the bouquet from him. "Okay I'll take this for now. I don't like seeing you upset over something. However, we need to clear things out for everybody..."

"I already did that."

"You did? But why did you give me this?"

"As an apology."

"Have you even realized that these flowers were red? As in red roses, Dr. Yoon!"

"It suits you."

She's losing her patience on Jiho's short answers. Ahhh...! This man is getting me crazy. "I am totally on the edge now, Dr. Yoon. Why are even doing this? If you want me to be friends with you, okay we're friends. But then please don't start another rumor..."

"Why?"

"Yah! Will you stop those stupid short answers of yours? You are so irritating to look at with your emotionless expression. Do you think you look cool...?"

"Yes."

"What the hell... Hmm!" Minseo pushed him hard. Her eyes were so wide. What was that? Did he just kiss me? She saw him smirked at her before pinching her nose. Minseo immediately swept Jiho's hand.

"You're so loud, Minseo-ssi. Now I know how to shut you up."

 

(Woobin-Jaekyung)

"I don't understand why I'm even doing this."

"Just do it."

"What had come in to your mind to even send all my maids out for a day off? Have you gone crazy?"

"I heard that all of them haven't gone to their families this month so I told them to get some off."

"It would have been fine if you at least ask one to be left behind. Not that it's us doing all the cleaning. And heck you gave them a week of break."

"Just be quiet already. I know I was wrong okay? I'm sorry. But we can't halt from cleaning. I'll leave you there because I'm giving Chummy a bath."

"Yah! Jaekyung-ah!"

"You can do it! Bin-ah fighting!" And there she left him doing the vacuum.

It's not that hard to do the task since it was fully automatic however the OC Jaekyung ordered him to mop the whole house after doing the vacuum. It's his house for God sake! Apparently, it's not just a house, but a mansion in fact. It has exactly 10 rooms and not to include the living room, dining and the kitchen.

"Why am I even putting up for this?" Scratching his non-itchy head is the only thing he could do. "Yah! Who’s making lunch?" Woobin yelled from the living room.

"I'll do it after I'm done with Chummy." She yelled back from the second floor.

"Do you want me to order for delivery instead? It would be a bit convenient."

"Uhm... Okay! I think it's better for now"

Woobin let out a sigh and dialed for a delivery service. He called Jiho after, telling him that he couldn't be at the lounge for now. His friend just laughed at his expense when he told him that he was cleaning the whole house since all his maids were out for off because of Jaekyung. The worst thing was that Jiho said he'll be telling both Yi Jeong and Junpyo about it.

"Aish! I shouldn't have told him." He throws his phone on the sofa and continued mopping the floor.

 

(SoEul)

She gripped her coat a little closer and blew up some air.

"Hey... It's okay. Don't have to get nervous, Umah is there and Grandma doesn't bite. She does but not literally." Yi Jeong held her hand tight and smiled at her for assurance. "Come on let's go in."

Gaeul nodded at him while she held back at his hand, nervously. The door went open after Yi Jeong made a buzz from the outside.

"Good afternoon Young Master, Ms. Gaeul! Madame and President Lee are at the living room." They both nodded and thank the maid before they went in.

"Gaeul!" Haneul abruptly went and hug the shy Gaeul.

"Good afternoon Auntie and President Lee." She greeted and gave them a 90° bow.

"Umah, you haven't greeted me yet." Yi Jeong -in.

"As far as I can remember, you've been here this morning. No need to greet you, So Yi Jeong."

"Grandma, how could you say that?"

"Just ignore him, Gaeul." Haneul linked her arm with Gaeul and tugged her near Yi Jeong's Grandmother.

"Umah, this is Gaeul, Yi Jeong's girlfriend." Haneul introduced.

All of a sudden I'm forgotten. Yi Jeong though bitterly, howbeit he was glad that his mother likes Gaeul a lot.

"So, you are the very famous Gaeul-yang, eh? Now I know what makes you the everyday topic in this house." Gaeul sported a baffled face on what Grandma Haejin said. She whipped her head to Yi Jeong as if asking him onto what the old woman mean, but Yi Jeong just smiled at her.

"Yes, nice to meet you, President Lee." Gaeul was about to give a bow to Haejin when she felt being hug by the old woman.

"Welcome to the Lee household. When are you two going to get married?"

Haneul chuckled at her mother's remark while both the youngsters widen their eyes. "Umah, I think the kids aren't into that yet, how about if we have something to eat first?"

Haneul tapped her son's back. "Don't mind your Grandma. She's just a bit excited." Yi Jeong just shook his head and smiled in response.

The four of them settled on the garden area and had some sweets and fresh fruit juices.

"So your parents are in Japan now? Isn't it hard for you living alone?"

"Aniyo President Lee, I'm currently living with my best friend, Jandi."

"Oh... that's great! By the way, just call me Grandma. Gaeul, will you?"

"Neh, thank you Grandma Heajin."

"Where are you currently residing?"

"She's staying with Jandi at Jiho's patio, Grandma."

"Oh. Is it because of the accident?"

"Neh. I wasn't allowed by Woobin Oppa to stay at our house alone, so Jiho Sunbae said I should stay with Jandi at the patio since it would be convenient for the both of us to easily reach school."

"Aigo... my grandsons grew up as great men. I never thought those brats would mature well. So this Jandi is your best friend, huh?"

"Grandma, Jandi is Junpyo's fiancée. You met her before at Shinwa Empire with Junpyo's mom."

"Oh! That short haired girl. Now I remember. Anyways, Junpyo and that best friend of yours are settling down. So when are you two getting married?"

Yi Jeong let out a grunt and scratched his head before speaking. "Grandma? Gaeul and I are still..."

But the old woman cut him off. "I need my grandchildren already, So Yi Jeong! I've been telling you this all along. And in fact I already like Gaeul, so why not the two of you get married. You both love each other, right?" She gazed at the young couple who happen to be seated too close to each other. "

Yes." Both of them uttered at the same time.

"But Grandma we're still..." Heajin held her hand up signaling Yi Jeong to shut up.

"Okay. I understand that you both are young, but I'm too old to wait for the two of you. So why not bare me a grandchild first then get married anytime you want?"

Gaeul choked on her juice and Yi Jeong dropped his fork from shock. The latter patted the back of his girlfriend who became so red. Gaeul could not help to blush immensely from the request Yi Jeong's Grandma ask them. She did not expect to get such a request delivered in such a mundane manner.

"Grandma Heajin, it’s... It’s..." She started weak. But Yi Jeong stood up for her. "Grandma, your request was a bit inappropriate..."

"But kids nowadays are doing 'it'. So what's wrong with my request?"

"Doing 'it'?" Gaeul asked innocently making Haneul chuckled in silence.

"Yes, 'It'. Young people are having..." Yi Jeong immediately covered Gaeul's ears like a father protecting his child from hearing promiscuous statements. “‘the thing' already even at an early age so..." Haejin saw how her grandson covered Gaeul's ears and how the latter gaze back at Yi Jeong as if asking why he was covering her ears.

"Grandma, please don't embarrass me in front of my girlfriend. Please. Please?"

"All of a sudden being conservative, as if I didn't know his previous status with his strings of girlfriends…" Yi Jeong caught his Grandma uttered.

Good thing his hands were still on Gaeul's ears. "Grandma, if you're not going to stop with this I'm not going to bring Gaeul here anymore." He threatened.

"Arasso! Arasso!" Yi Jeong drew a sigh and looked at his mother with an almost pleading expression before removing his hand on Gaeul's ears. Haneul only nod at her son afraid to interrupt her imposing mother.

"Why is that, Sunbae?" Gaeul whispered.

"She's just cursing. Just forget about that, okay?" He replied which Gaeul nodded in agreement.

In Yi Jeong's relief, Haneul took over the situation and offered a different topic to discuss which in the end diverted his Grandma's interest. The four of them enjoyed their talk and with that Gaeul had loosened up a bit of her shyness and enthusiastically chatter with Yi Jeong's Grandmother. She became close to Haneul right after the series of meetings they have and that she's now more comfortable with her. The only thing she had to adjust with was Yi Jeong's spunky and frank Grandmother, she never thought that a woman from such a background could act like a common stubborn grandmother demanding for grandchildren. In an instant she felt like she was in a Sunday drama on TV and by the looks of Yi Jeong, he was seriously getting annoyed by his own grandmother. Yi Jeong looked more exhausted now compared when he met her parents and she couldn't help but get concern over him.

 

(Woobin-Jaekyung)

Touching his tummy after they finished their late lunch, Woobin stretched his back a little while on his seat. "Ah... I'm so full. Did you enjoy the food?" He asked Jaekyung who just finish drinking her glass of juice.

"Hmm. But I waited too long before I could eat. Why did you order this much? Because of it the delivery took too long." She stared at the plates and platter on the table.

"I was so hungry and I need to eat a lot since we're still cleaning after this."

Like Jeakyung did, Woobin stared at the mess on the table.  Definitely not going to clean that, both of them thought at the same time. "Yah! You clean that." Both uttered in unison while pointing on the table.

"No. You clean that one. Remember, I mop and vacuumed the whole living room..."

"I finished the garden and even clean the pool then gave Chummy a bath while you only took care of the living room. That's unfair!"

"I took care of the living room which unfortunately includes the underground recreational area. That's quite huge than the pool and the garden combined, Jaekyung-ah."

She glared at him and noted that he was stating the fact. "How about if we play something and then the loser does the cleaning?"

Jaekyung's ears perk on Woobin's statement. She instantly thought over the matter and considered it to be fair.

"Okay! 가위바위보 (Rock paper and scissors) would do." She agreed making Woobin grin widely. Oblivious to her, the man beside her had planned a sabotage and underhand tactics about the entire event. Woobin just know that Jaekyung will agree and would choose rock paper and scissors as the deciding game.

 "I'm on it" He said.

They placed all utensils, platters, plate and glasses that needed washing on the sink. "Are you ready?" He placed his hand between them.

 "One needs to win three rounds. The loser will wash and clean all the mess while the winner can take an hour of break before we started working again. Arasso?" He asked and she answered.

"Loud and clear!" 

Huh! Loud and clear my Richard Simmons. You're going to wash everything, baby. Woobin was grinning at the back of his mind happily celebrating his impending victory.

"First round"

"Gawi bawi bo!"

"I win!" Jaekyung bounced happily while Woobin pretended to be upset. "Okay, second round."

"Gawi bawi bo!"

"Hahaha! I win again. Just one more and you're doom."

Weee? Doom my . Just wait baby you'll see.

"Third round"

"Gawi bawi bo!"

"Oh my God! I won. Damn!" Woobin was grinning widely as he saw how Jaekyung face drop down to disappointment. "I'll win the next round."

"Fourth round."

"Gawi bawi bo!"

"Damn! I won again... Hahaha We're even now. Are you scared?" He taunted the then anxious Heiress.

"You're going to lose this time, Song Woobin!"

"Fifth round!"

"Gawi bawi bo!"

"Yah! That's cheating!"

"Oh?! Now I'm cheating? That was clean and honest Jaekyung-ah." She pouted for her obvious failure, however she insisted that Woobin cheated.

The thing was that Woobin has no time backing out. "You give your word. So, your Highness, please do the honor." He gestured his hand as if introducing her to the sink.

"This is unfair!" Jaekyung threw her tantrums, howbeit started the task.

Woobin sat on the chair and watch her do the washing when he noticed she wasn't wearing an apron. "Yah! Monkey, wear an apron. You’re going to soil you clothes." But she did not turn to him. Aish! Women really!" He stood up and went near her, reached for and opened the overhead cabinet to get a pair of apron.

"Wear this." Woobin hand her apron.

"I don't want to!" Jaekyung stubbornly retorted.

"Aish! Come here." In a swift movement, he turned her to face him as he place the apron on her head and pulled it down for her. He turned her again away from him and tied the ribbon at her back. "All set and done. You look cute on that." He absent-mindedly complemented her.

"You look cute on that."

She caught him say it to her which weirdly stir her heart a bit. All of a sudden, she felt something warm creep her cheeks. She abruptly faced the sink to hide her blush, but then Woobin did not left her side, to her confusion she turned back to him and saw him sporting the same apron she's wearing. "Yah! Bin-ah, what are you doing?"

He whipped his head to her and smirked adorably. "I decided to help you so we can rest together and resume work together. You look like you're going to kill me so I'll just help." He said and smiled again. Damn he smiles again! Jaekyung had kept denying that she's affected of anything that Woobin does, however her walls are slowly giving up. This isn't good, Ha Jeakyung. Her thoughts were halted when Woobin pinched her nose.

"Hey are you suddenly smitten by me?" He saw her blush immensely and he couldn't help but laugh a loud.

"Yah! Who is smitten by whom? Just start washing already!"

"Aye! Aye! Captain!" He said and they started washing the dishes in silence. They were in the middle of rinsing when a spoon dropped which slipped down from Jaekyung's hand. She bent down and pick-up the spoon just to notice the dish washer was just below the sink. "Yah! Bin-ah, you got a dishwasher. Why didn't you say so?"

"Oh?! I do?"

"Yes. There, can't you see?"

"Oh?! Sorry I didn't know."

"Impossible!"

 

(SoEul)

Driving her home wasn't any quiet and awkward as this one. Usually it’s always full of chatter and laughing. Nevertheless, what happen a while ago made him a bit apprehensive on her. All of a sudden, the suave and confident So Yi Jeong became coy and introvert to the self-chuckling Chu Gaeul. She was laughing to herself ever since they left the Lee mansion and it made Yi Jeong more reluctant to talk to her.

"Sunbae? Is there something wrong?" Gaeul asked him the moment she noticed him seriously focused on the road ahead.

"It's just..." He sighed deep. "I'm really sorry about my Grandma, Gaeul-yang. I shouldn't have brought you there. That woman really... I don't even understand why she said such inappropriate request to us..."

"Sunbae, it's okay. Let's just set things aside. We aren't in that stage yet so better have patience with Grandma Heajin. Maybe she's just overly excited."

"Overly excited? I think she's overly demanding. She even suggested ideas... How could she?"

"I already said its okay, Sunbae. Just extend your patience with Grandma. Actually, I find her amusing and cute at the same time. I never thought you have such type of a grandmother. It seems like she's a character from a Sunday family drama." She giggled.

"Mianhea, I'm really sorry about it..."

"Sunbae, stop saying sorry and please don't get upset with Grandma Haejin." She smiled at him.

"Arasso…" He parked his car in front of the gates and opened the door for Gaeul. "I can't stay for long this time, Abojie needs me at the office now. Will you be fine alone?" He said as he trailed behind her.

Gaeul turned to him and nodded. "It’s okay, Sunbae. Jandi will be here early tomorrow. You can go ahead now."

"Hmm. Thank you for going with me today."

"Thank you too! It's getting late already. You might get stuck in a heavy traffic. You can go now, Sunbae. Goodnight!" She said, but saw him shaking his head. She looked at him confused. "Is there anything you wanted to say?"

He nodded and went close to her. Super close that Gaeul held her breathing the moment he stepped in. "I still did not get my 'goodnight kiss' from you. So I still can't go."

"Yah!” Gaeul backed off. “I said I won't do that again, right? You're becoming spoiled, Sunbae."

"Okay. Fine. If you're not going to give me, then I'll just snatch one." In an instant, Yi Jeong's closed the gap between them and kissed her shortly. She was sporting a pout when he pulled out.

"You're so unhmm!"

"What did you say?"

"I said. You're so unfair. How dare youhm!"

"What was that again?"

Gaeul shook her head and pursed her lips into thin line. "Good night, Bumpkin" He grinned at her and kissed her forehead. Gaeul only drew a sigh and smiled at him weakly. "Don't be upset now, Bumpkin. Okay? So go in now and sleep well. I'll leave once you're inside." He hugged her before shoving her inside the gates. "Good night! Bye!" He waves at her. She wasn't upset of him. Gaeul was just imposing dominance over him but she always end up being taken over by him. She wasn't complaining though, in fact she finds him adorable when he acts stubborn and demanding. In the end she smiled at him sweetly and waved him goodbye.

"Bye Sunbae, drive safely!"

The next morning

"Where is it? Ah...! Seriously? Where did I place that thing?" After waking up early in the morning, Gaeul went and check her things. She's planning to transfer her valuables on a separate bag, however she somewhat misplaced an important envelope. "Ah... how careless of you, Chu Gaeul?" She scolded herself.

...

"Young Master, the valet found a document inside your car. This might be something important." Yi Jeong's Butler handed him a white neatly sealed envelope.

"This isn't mine." He said.

"Maybe, it's Ms. Gaeul's envelope, Young Master."

"I'll take this and ask her. Thank you!"

"Please excuse me, Young Master." His Butler left him at his office. He checked the envelope and read the print label.

7th Annual PX3 Prix de la Photographie Paris Photo Competition

Une invitation à Mme Chu Ga Eul

Half an hour after

A knock on the door pulled her from her busy search and arrange deed. Gaeul abruptly stood up and ran towards the door. She swung the door a bit wide and she was welcome by a stern look from someone.

"Sunbae?!"

"What do you mean by this?"