just gonna stand there, watch me burn...

Wager

Wager

This was a game she could not lose. No, not now. So, you better watch your back- Kai/Hyuna (AU)

-

The glass cracked as her body hit the harsh surface of the stool. A warm sort of liquid slowly trickled down her scar covered back. Great… he was drunk. She should have never said that. She was not prepared to be thrown back into the furniture, but honestly, what was she expecting? He usually came home with a different girl every other night, giggling away as he kissed her roughly.

“Kim Jongin… You will regret this one day,” She managed to choke out. Slowly, she stood up, her legs wobbling in the process. Tears welled up in her eyes- she let them fall. No, she was not weak in his hands. She let the tears fall because she wanted to. She wanted him to know what he was doing to her: how much he’s hurting her.

The man laughed. Laughed… And at her misery no doubt. “Little ,” he smirked. His hand was held high, ready to strike her. She could beat him to it.

Using her leg, she quickly kicked his feet from under him. Jongin groaned and his smirk fell, changing into a frown of displeasure. Of course he had quick reflexes, and his hand shot out to grab her arm- pulling her down with him. While she was thinking for a fast escape, he cupped her collar bone in a rough manner. No… he was never soft- not with her, not with anyone.

“What are you to do now, huh? You have no more escape plans, right little kitten?” he growled with a small smirk on his face. She could not think of one right now. One of his hands was holding her two wrists together above her head while the other was still cupping her face.

Her lips trembled as she shook her head though it was barely noticeable with how much strength he was holding her with. He loosened his hold on her wrists and eventually –when she showed him that she wasn’t planning to hit him any time soon- let go of them completely.

And without any warning whatsoever, she struck his forehead with the heel of her palm. He recoiled back for a moment and she took that opportunity to kick him near his groin area. He backed away immediately.

She glanced at him for a moment and watched as he fell. Her hand sniped his wallet and placed it in her sling bag along with his watch and a newspaper article. Releasing a sigh, she ran out the unlocked door with a suitcase filled to the brim with her clothes and her sling bag packed with the items necessary to survive.

“You’ll be bowing down to me one day, Jongin,” she muttered as her footsteps ran further away from him.

“You little ! You will regret this!” She heard him boom out. Her heart started pounding again, this time in fear and pain. He- he would not be able to get her, correct? He was still in pain, and she had seen him crippled like the little baby he pretends to be in front of his prey. She was not going to be his pawn again…

The elevator’s doors opened finally and she stepped in with a calm demeanor. Almost taunting her, the doors closed slowly. Her gaze was still on the ground, she was obviously very worried. Curiously, she quickly glanced up to see if the doors were closed. They luckily were. She could hear the banging and slightly muffled shouting coming from the other side of the doors, but just stared blankly at it. Her ears were closed and she turned to her sling bag.

wonder how much money he has in there…

-

A/N: I said I would post a chapter and I did. Sadly, this is the only chapter I have worked on. Usually when I work on chapters, they end up longer than they should be so... This is the prolouge, that's why it's so short.