Chapter 11

The Prince and The Maid

"Your first wedding will be very beautiful Master Sehun," Suho-hyung told me as I was getting ready. We decided not to do a traditional Korean wedding but instead a more Westerner wedding, since Krystal was born in America, it might be uncomfortable for her if we do a traditional wedding.

I looked at myself in the huge mirror in front of me. Somehow I looked so mature in this tux. I don't look like that little kid anymore. I guess being around Krystal had finally changed me into a man. It's a little sad thinking about all the old time I used to mess around with my butlers by making them do crazy things. Right now I'm about to marry somebody who, I don't even know, loves me back. Then I'll become the head of my dad's company. Time sure goes by quickly. 

"Are you ready to see go, Sir?" Kris asked me. I nodded, though I'm a bit nervous. What if I mess something up? What if I suddenly say the wrong thing? What should I do then?

Calm down, Sehun. Everything will be fine. It's a private wedding anyway. Not many people would be there. Just you, Krystal, your dad and his evil girlfriend, and your butlers. Don't worry.

I stood in the front of the ballroom as still as a statue. I didn't even dare to look around. I heard Lay played the wedding music on the piano and I knew Krystal was coming. Since her dad was here, Kai took the role and led her to me. She looked so beautiful in that wedding dress and the way she held on to her bouquet tightly made me chuckle. Soon she'll be mine but only temporary.

Kai left me and Krystal and went sat down with the rest of my butlers.

"You may kiss the bride."

Kiss? All of a sudden? Oh yea right we ARE getting married. I wanted to get it over but at the same time, I wanted it to be memorable. One of my hand held on to Krystal's cheek while the other was at her waist. I slowly went in for a kiss. I could feel my pulse speeding up. This was my first kiss with Krystal.

Soon my lips were attached to hers. I was happy when she kissed me back. But this kiss wasn't a real one, though. We broke apart after what seemed like forever. I looked into her beautiful chocolate brown eyes. For some reason those eyes bring me sadness. They made me realize that this is hopeless. All of this isn't real. It's just a dream. Krystal doesn't love me. She only wanted money for college. It was all my fault that I made the deal.

Before I knew it, my legs began to take off and out the door. I never looked back. I could feel my eyes starting to burn. I didn't want to cry in front of everybody. These aren't tears of happiness or joy. These are tears of sadness and disappointment. Krystal isn't mine and she'll never be mine. All of this is fake.

I stopped just outside the building and kept on walking. I wiped the tears off of my face. "Sehun-ah!" I heard a voice calling me from behind. I knew it was Suho-hyung because he's the only one that cares about me enough to run after me. I sat down on the cold hard bench and Suho-hyung did the same. 

"Why did you run away? I thought you wanted this wedding."

"Why should I want it when all of it is fake?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean Krystal. She doesn't love me. She doesn't care about me. I was stupid for making that bet with her."

"What bet?"

"I told her that if she becomes my wife and run the company with me, I'll give her all the money she needs for college and everything else. Now all she cares about is money and I'm just nothing to her."

"I don't think that's the case."

"What?"

Suho-hyung stood up and I finally realized that Krystal was there this whole time. She was listening to all I was saying. But I doubt she cared. Suho-hyung went back to the room to leave us two alone out here.

"So this is how you've been feeling all these time? Why didn't you say anything, idiot?"

I could see she was beginning to cry too.

"Why are you crying? Don't you have feelings for Kai, only? I'm nothing to you. I'm sorry I made you marry me. I know you don't have any feelings for me. I'll get out of your life from now on."

I heard her giggled as she sat next to me. "You're really an idiot you know that? I don't like Kai like that. To be honest there's someone else I've been liking this whole time. I was just afraid to let him know."

I pouted. So now there's another guy huh?

I felt on her lips on my cheek. I looked at her, surprised and found her smiling at me, warmly.

"It's you, you idiot."

"What?"

"The person that I've been loving is you. It's just I thought you didn't like me back. That's why I kept on saying things about the money. But in reality my heart's only for you. I don't how it came to this. I guess people can change. At first I thought you were just one of those rich, spoiled boys who only cared about themselves. Then I decided to get to know you more but you kicked me out so I never had the chance to know you better. As time goes by, I realized I've been missing something or someone important in my life. When you asked me to pretend to be your wife, I was shocked. Although it was just pretending I was happy because I get to be with you again. So please don't think I don't love you because I do. What do you say? Should we start all over right now and actually become husband and wife?"

Her words touched my heart. Without knowing it, I wrapped my arms around her and said in tears, "Of course. I love you Krystal."

"I love you too, Sehun-ah."