Final

Moving On

She walked through the gates. Footsteps light, hair tied up into a neat ponytail, brown orbs looking for someone. That someone who totally looked through her. Jimin knew that she wants to walk with heavy footsteps,wants to stay at home with messy bed hair, and would rather have her brown orbs being covered by eyelids now.

“MinJung-ah, I’m here,” Jimin waved at her and he saw how her face lit with a smile. Which doesn’t really seem very real.

“Let’s go somewhere else,” Jimin held her hands and dragged her to their secret place.

The garden.

*At the garden*

MinJung slumped down on the grass together with Jimin and rested her head on Jimin’s shoulder. Jimin patted her head and didn’t speak. He knew she needed her own time to clear things, but wanted someone to accompany her.

Anyone looking at them would think they are a couple. But truth is, both of their hearts are broken, and they still love someone who doesn’t love them anymore. How sad can the truth be. But that’s just the truth.

Minjung closed her eyes and Jungkook’s face appeared in her mind. She wished for the face to go away, but the face wouldn’t. Minjung quickly opened her eyes and found Jimin staring at the plants.

“You’re thinking about her aren’t you?”

“And aren’t you also thinking about him?”

They smiled knowingly at each other. No answers are needed to be given. They knew. They always do. They communicate through looks, silence and heart.

The bell rang.

Jimin stood up and held out a hand for Minjung. Minjung took it and stood up. They mentally braced themselves for whatever they would face today before they walk to class together.

Out of a sudden, Minjung squatted down. And Jimin she was having a stomachache again.

“How many times have I asked you to see a doctor?” Jimin sighed in defeat as he squatted down beside Minjung. MinJung simply smiled at him sheepishly before standing up quickly.

“Here, I’m fine.” MinJung said as she sent Jimin a smile. Jimin returned with a eyeroll before he led the way to their classroom.

Minjung chuckled behind him, knowing he was trying to stop himself from nagging.

They knew each other too well, because Jimin actually took out a chocolate to eat. And he does that when he feels sad or when he’s trying to control something.

They entered the classroom and glanced at each other. They nodded and went to their respective places.

Minjung caught sight of Jimin glancing at Hayoung. And Jimin caught sight of Minjung talking to Jungkook. Both of them rolled their eyes. At this rate, the possibility to move on is near to non-existent.

The clicking of heels was heard and all of them quickly rushed back to their seats.

During the entire class, Jimin would unconsciously glance at Hayoung and a few times, he heard Hayoung’s voice directed to some guy. Jimin knew he had no rights,, absolutely no rights to be jealous or sad. But he can’t help but to sigh. He knew. Hayoung has long gotten over him. They never talked but Jimin knew. From his observations and information from Minjung, he knew.

And as for Minjung, Minjung would occasionally retort Jungkook when Jungkook gave strange and irrational suggestions to the teacher. Her heart would skip a beat or flutter whenever Jungkook replied her or glanced at her direction. But her face showed none, absolutely none of those emotions she’s feeling. Thanks to the time she hang out with Jimin who is an absolute good expression hider.

At  the end of the class, both of them knew they lost their inner battle and could only admit defeat. Who knows moving on would be so difficult? Jimin and Minjung knows.

They waited for everyone to leave before leaving together. They shook their heads and they knew. They had to work harder.

They walked to café chaplin together, with a slightly heavy heart, but managed to keep up a cheery atmosphere as they joke around and be crazy together. Times like this, their love ones are put at the back of their mind.

When they reach the café, they found that their usual place was seated with people and Minjung immediately saw Hayoung. MinJung distracted Jimin before he could see and dragged him away from the café.

“Aren’t we suppose to be doing our project at the café?”

“Nah, not today. Let’s go cool off at the tree by the lake,”

Jimin nodded. But he knew why Minjung had dragged him away. He saw Hayoung there too. He was thankful towards Minjung for understanding him.

-

When they reach the tree, a bunch of boys were there and Minjung recognized Jungkook’s voice. She froze on her spot.

“Hey, Jimin, Minjung!” Jungkook greeted.

Jimin gave a polite smile before he dragged the frozen Minjung away.

They then decide they should just go to Jimin’s house since there’s no one there.

-

“Let’s start on the project shall we?” Minjung asked with a tired voice.

“The deadline’s next week and we’re already half done, you can rest for a bit. I’ll go get you some stomach medicine,” Jimin said as he patted Minjung’s head.

MInjung nodded and she fell on Jimin’s couch and took a short nap.

-

“You’re awake?” Jimin asked, since it’s only been 20 minutes.

“A short nap is enough,”

“Take this medicine,”

After much struggle, Minjung finally ate the medicine.

Minjung checked her phone and there were 100+ messages from their class group. She sighed. Those spammers.

She looked though the messages and her heart still skip a beat when she saw Jungkook’s replies. After reading, Jungkook sent a message and Minjung, couldn’t help but to retort his funny comment. And so they bickered through texts. It’s bad for Minjung’s heart. Since her heart skipped every single time.

Jimin who obviously saw the messages rolled his eyes. How was she able to move on?

But he was in no rights to say anything since even when he didn’t talk to Hayoung, he still hasn’t move on.

-

At night they chatted on the phone via whatsapp. And they poured their hearts out to each other.

Minjung: You know, I was actually a little disappointed since he’s not going to this Saturday’s party.

Jimin: I’m freaking out here when it’s said that she’s going.

Minjung: Just quickly end the game and leave.

Jimin:Okay

Minjung: We should sleep now.

Jimin;Okay.

-

That night, both of them didn’t fall asleep easily. How would it be easy to? When their love ones are roaming in their head. At night, when they did fall asleep, it was slightly uncomfortable but was still okay.

 

Moving on is never easy. It’s an inner battle with yourself and your emotions. If you actually win the battle, you’ve officially moved on. But before winning the battle, you will have to go through a lot. But, with the help of your friends, moving on wouldn’t be so tormenting and hard. Admist moving on, you might be actually scared of moving on. Don’t be. It only means a new beginning, not a new nightmare. As long as you find someone to accompany you in the battle, find your courage, somehow, you would be able to move on.